Approved House Lolliston: By wazgamer

BlueJackdaw

Bard
Pronouns
she/her
Hiya, I'd like to put forward my application for the small northern lumber mill complex.

I think I might have made a mistake in actually building and detailing the houses as opposed to just plotting with wool - so I'm sorry about that and I don't mind at all making drastic changes if I have to hahah.

I went with 2 small homes and a storage barn. There's a shared garden area, and an area for fishing near the small docks, with a barge on the river. The mill itself is also relatively small, with a water wheel across the river.2022-09-25_11.21.09.png

2022-09-25_11.20.54.png2022-09-25_11.20.40.png

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Hey Blue! Thanks for your application!

Firstly i noticed the little piers you put going out into the river. This really isn’t necessary, the river is small and any boat would just be dragged on to the river bank.

secondly, please dont make fully wood buildings with jungle and oak mixed together this is how the old lolliston houses looked so pretty much all “low class” houses should be in the daub style as seen at sweetwillow highlighted by the golden arrow.

Finally, check out /warp woodwrighthamlet3 for a good example of how the machinery should look. Id change the wood floor to dirt too like at woodwright!

Other than that im pretty happy with it so just make so changes and I can approve it. Thank you again!

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
Hiya, I'd like to put forward my application for the small northern lumber mill complex.

I think I might have made a mistake in actually building and detailing the houses as opposed to just plotting with wool - so I'm sorry about that and I don't mind at all making drastic changes if I have to hahah.

I went with 2 small homes and a storage barn. There's a shared garden area, and an area for fishing near the small docks, with a barge on the river. The mill itself is also relatively small, with a water wheel across the river.View attachment 13672

View attachment 13671View attachment 13673
Ive not been able to look at the mini ingame yet so I also may leave some melons in game. But take a look at my previous feedback and the lumber mill in woodwright for some inspiration. Thanks!

Reactions: AerioOndos

BlueJackdaw

Bard
Pronouns
she/her
Hey, so I made the changes from the melons Waz left in the game, and he said he's happy for me to post an application for mod approval. I need to do a little more terra work around the chopped trees, and the gold spots are marking where the trees should be.2022-09-29_20.34.00.png2022-09-29_20.34.37.png2022-09-29_20.34.15.png

Reactions: Wazgamer
Servus everyone,

i designed in this case specially for the Lolliston Project by waz "animal burrows to their habitats" for the forrest of Lolliston.
- Watervole (Waterrat)
- Nutria
- Rabbit / Hare
- Fox
- Badger
You can find them with guides on my plot /warp wurst.
2022-10-01_00.20.01-min.png
I designed small singe variants and i can size them up also or mix them with other region types.
Mostly you have to integrate them into the terra for a better look but if you show me how to do the schems i can build a few (small ones) for everybodys use.

Let me know what you think about the way i did them.

greetings, wursti

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey, so I made the changes from the melons Waz left in the game, and he said he's happy for me to post an application for mod approval. I need to do a little more terra work around the chopped trees, and the gold spots are marking where the trees should be.
Hey Blue, this lumber mill mini is looking really nice. Great design for the water mill wheel. My only notes to consider:

I wonder if the mill could made a bit more secure? If the opening was reduced down to 3 blocks wide you could add doors on either side.
2022-10-01_18.45.35.png

These bricks at the water line here could use a bit more weathering and water erosion too, maybe swap in some river cobble/add some more moss blocks.
2022-10-01_18.42.48.png

Otherwise approved by me if all good with Waz!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hey, so I made the changes from the melons Waz left in the game, and he said he's happy for me to post an application for mod approval. I need to do a little more terra work around the chopped trees, and the gold spots are marking where the trees should be.View attachment 13711View attachment 13713View attachment 13712

Maybe stick some horizontal rope on the ends of the wood planks so that they can be held together as they float downstream. Also maybe stick one or two Stairs in to break up the v linear form of the plank piles.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Servus everyone,

i designed in this case specially for the Lolliston Project by waz "animal burrows to their habitats" for the forrest of Lolliston.
-Nutria
- Rabbit / Hare
- Fox
- Badger
You can find them with guides on my plot /warp wurst.
View attachment 13728
I designed small singe variants and i can size them up also or mix them with other region types.
Mostly you have to integrate them into the terra for a better look but if you show me how to do the schems i can build a few (small ones) for everybodys use.

Let me know what you think about the way i did them.

greetings, wursti

Rather than Nutria, a South American native, I'd use European Water Vole burrows which are a smaller, more concealed and aren't as deep. Nutria dig large holes and make a small tunnel or driveway before leading up to the den, so would require more detail and effort to make sure its not mistaken for something man made whereas Water Vole holes would just be small tunnels in the river bank. Otter dens would be fun to make too.

Rather than Nutria, a South American native, I'd use European Water Vole burrows which are a smaller, more concealed and aren't as deep. Nutria dig large holes and make a small tunnel or driveway before leading up to the den, so would require more detail and effort to make sure its not mistaken for something man made whereas Water Vole holes would just be small tunnels in the river bank. Otter dens would be fun to make too.
Sounds good, i will expand the set with with watervoles and look how i may can integrate otters too.

=========================================================

UPDATE:

I have expanded the set with the water vole.
After some research I found out that otters only dig/build/colonize an old nest to raise the young. You would have to find a suitable large place to present the situation well. They are not really diff looking than the nutria holes i did.

Last edited:

BlueJackdaw

Bard
Pronouns
she/her
Heya guys, thanks for the feedback. I've roped together the planks and added some stairs, and weathered the waterline with a lot more mossy and darker blocks.

I added in some wattle panels as doors, as I didn't want to make the ramp space too narrow - but let me know if you want me to change that completely :)2022-10-01_19.35.22.png

Attachments

• 2022-10-01_19.35.39.png
    2022-10-01_19.35.39.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Servus all,

I am proud to present you my first finished and approved Mini for Lolliston.
/warp lollistonhamlet2

Thanks everyone for your good advice and improvements.
And of course thanks to the builders who built some of the houses for me and gave me special advice. <3

PS: The unfinished terrain on the river side will be adjusted later when the west coast is edited around Trident.

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
Ive plotted out the village north of sweetwillow. If my mods have time to look around it feel free but otherwise theres like 8-9 new plots at

/warp wazland

please refer back to sweetwillow style guide and make sure to add sheds and storage/work areas in the gardens

Reactions: Jeffjunior77

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
Just a reminder i have 2 burned down/ being rebuilt hamlets south of Sweetwillow and i also placed a new mini build quarry which should have some houses for masons

Reactions: Die Wursttheke

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
Update:

So the vast majority of Lolliston forests are now complete (I really doubt I will redo the old forest to the south I have better things to work on) But I intend to add some hunting camps/posts maybe even some refugees from the lannister raiding. Any ideas would be welcomed.

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
I’ve added some new plots, specifically to the south of Sweetwillow where the majority of Tywin’s sacking took place. You can find these on the dynmap.

There you can find burned down houses and barns.
Red = completely burned (There’s one plot already built that represents this)
Yellow = partially burned or scorched stone.
Lime = In reconstruction.

I don’t currently have examples for all of this but bigglestone has a great take on burned down riverlands houses so check there for reference.

Wazgamer

Pronouns
they/them
Just a quick little update!

Pretty much everything is done aside from the yellow marked areas on this map
They consist of
The castle - Around 70% complete
Sweetwillow - 80% complete
Lumber hamlet - 70% complete
River bank - I have a script for it just need to nuke what I previously had there
And on top of that I need to come up with a grass mix for near to the riverbanks

Aside from those things everything that "needs" to be done is. I may add some details in the forest but it's at the end of my list tbh.

Before I dig into finishing off these parts of the project would my mods (or anyone interested tbh) be able to take a look at Sweetwillow and the castle specifically incase they have any notes/improvements?

Lolli_WIP.png

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Waz, loving your work. Just a few comments:

- The fields and houses put to the torch look excellent, I think it helps a lot with the narrative that Lolliston yielded to Tywin's forces, and that he likely burnt that area to intimidate them. That said, the odd burnt out cottage or house along the route elsewhere outside of the town could be added just to give some more connective tissue to the narrative. Might they have sent some soldiers up to the castle to ensure the Lollistons didn't try anything funny?
- The road leading up the castle is very narrow and feels more like a forest path than a main route, which is what it should be as it connects the castle to the town and Kingsroad.
- Considering the proximity to Terrick, it would be great to see a little more brick influence in the town. Perhaps one house and some chimneys in town could be changed to brick? The brick chimney at the castle works well for this reason.
- I'm personally not a huge fan of high arches on bridges, this creates a needlessly steep hill for horses and wagons, but I understand that this is the aesthetic preference for most builders and there is a lot of (mildly infuriating) precedent for this on the server so I'll leave it up to you.