Completed House Banefort by Ammika and GeneralMcNuggets

Update:
The fort and northern lands are nearing completion
source.gif

Weeeee

I talked to emot about this in game so imma make a post about it- I noticed in westeros we have no paint making plants, and seeing how Italy was like the art hub back then I'd like to make a little area dedicated to making paint pigments. I did some research and many of the natural pigments used to make reds, yellows, greens, and purples were found growing wildly in abundance in Italy! For example, the madder plant was literally everywhere and so they used the roots to make red. I know blues and whites were mainly toxic metals so I'm thinking about having that stuff imported and kept in a warehouse until its time to grind that shit up.

Reactions: CashBanks

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Paint was indeed made by hand when needed by painters. Also, painters played around with paint recipes, and they often had different mixtures of things. Leonardo da Vinci famously created his own type of paint for his mural of the Last Supper, but unfortunately the recipe sucked and the paint is very brittle.

Here's a bit about the pigments they used:
http://www.webexhibits.org/pigments/intro/medieval.html

EDIT: I also found this great tutorial for how to make egg tempera, which was the kind of paint used at the time: http://www.stormthecastle.com/how-to-make-a/how-to-make-medieval-paint-egg-tempura.htm

Reactions: Emoticone11

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Definitely around Highgarden too I imagine.
Regarding blue pigment, ultramarine (which is from lapis lazuli) was the most highly prized and expensive pigment available, and IRL it was imported to Europe from Afghanistan. Maybe in this world the pigment can be from Essos (like, Qarth or something), and we can indicate some trade in Old Town. (sorry to hijack this thread)

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Also don't the Braavosi use a type of sea slug to make the purple dyes they are so famed for? If I remember WoIaF mentions other pigments but I would have to look at the book again

Yeah, I'm starting to think of possibly having a warehouse or a farmstead dedicated to growing certain plants and then shipping them off to painters

It's now the second time that Ammika through her lack of direct communication perceives that I modified her stuff without consent and told moderators without even adressing me.

Through 2015 until this month we had a parnership known to some as AmmNugCorp in which we mutually agreed that we could change other's stuff.
It's through another user that I heard about this issue and wished she adressed what she thought was something I wronged her with.

This enforced what I believe to be a misconception in the server that I modify people's stuff without their consent. It is true that in the distant past I've done such things during the RK build and this is the main driver of that belief.
To be clear: I have never since went around and changed people's stuff without asking them,leaving a melon with a copy of a change proposal next to it or informing a moderator.

I have not heard about any formal complaints from a mod but I heard rumors about this.

This has upset me on many levels and therefore I cannot in good faith work with her on a project any longer.

Last edited:

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Hio nuggs, I believe I was one of thefirst mods to know the entirety of the story. If I’m correct Ammika and Margery were working on a private test, then marg asked you to use WE to help with something or you offered to help use WE to help marg, amm saw you setting up WE which looks like destroying stuff and got pissed. If this is the situation it could’ve been avoided by you simply informing amm that you were doing WE for marg, their test is a private entity from any agreement you’ve made while working together.

I feel like you’re putting all the blame on ammika, where she may have just been misinformed on the WE situation and had every right to be angry at you until she found out about the WE stuff later.

Nuggs you’re an active and productive member of the community and I don’t want anything bad to happen to you over things like this, however you need to understand that the RK stuff was controversial and we don’t want to see flickers of that returning. Personally I think it’s best that you’ve withdrawn from the project and handed it no ammika as from the tone of the msgs you were sending each other (amm informed me), and indeed even this post I feel it’s better for yous to take neutral ground.

Again nuggs, we don’t want to do anything to harm your time in the server, however you have a past with similar stuff, so when things like this happen alarm bells go ringing. I really think the s could’ve been solved at the source of the problem by simply improving communication between the both of you.

Reactions: Elduwin
Look. I don’t want this to blow up anymore than it has to. Nuggets, I’m sorry I’ve upset you and I’m sorry our communication is blurry. I would just like to formally state that, yes, I still stand with AmmikaNugCorp and I always will, we’re a great duo and we can put out some awesome builds, but recently I’ve been having a go at my own tests and builds recently.
I’ve explicitly said in game that they are my tests, and I do not want you to change anything.
EX: The dowagers room and garden I specifically asked you to not change anything, and you got butthurt about it.

I’m just frustrated by the fact that nuggets does not take me seriously. I’m not coming from a place of maliciousness nuggets, I’d just like you to know that there are certain builds I make that you are not entitled to fix.

We’ve had a great friendship over the past year and I don’t want it severed over something we could’ve handled reasonably and privately.....

I’ve explicitly said in game that they are my tests, and I do not want you to change anything.
EX: The dowagers room and garden I specifically asked you to not change anything, and you got butthurt about it.
As I said this was the second time it happened, the first being the dowager wing incident you talk of here.
You told me you want to do the garden alone and I went to help with the bathroom because I did indeed respect your request. To be clear: at this point in time you have never said that they are your exclusive tests and that you do not want me to touch them as you state here. It's why I was taken aback by your reaction, which I found to be an exaggeration and resulting from your complete lack of communication. Furthermore you had what I can only call a public inquisition instead of a private message clearing the situation up. It's the reason I was "butthurt" by your reaction and not by your request to not touch your tests.
I’d just like you to know that there are certain builds I make that you are not entitled to fix.
As I stated I left you alone in the garden area out of respect for your request and would have left everything else alone if you clearly asked me to. You did, but you did in a really mean and shameful manner on the public chat because I got on your nerves. You could have just said it in a clear manner first. I can only say that I think that your perception in this regard is flawed. If your perception is that I do not respect you and your proprety, it's purley a result of:
our communication is blurry

The reason I made this post is not at all because of the first incident.
I can forgive you for thinking me helping Marge with WE was infringing on your build but what hurts me more is that you just assumed that I did it without consulting me or Marge and just straight out told mods that *I DID IT AGAIN* when in fact it was not the case.
I had to hear about this guy who heard from this guy that the mods were told that you (high school type rumors) complained that I violated your project when it was not the case.

This saga has hurt my reputation and credibility so that's why I choose to distance myself. The pragmatic and mutual confidence based relation we had before seems to have broken up.

Finding the origin of the problem in depth is not going to solve a conflict, finding a solution is and my solution is already stated in my previous post. It's kind of futile to argue if i'm the bad guy not respecting you or if you're the one who didn't express your desires and feelings clearly at first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cedo
Nuggets. I am in no way trying to purposefully antagonize you. You have a valid reason for being upset with me and I completely understand why. I’ve apologized and made it clear that I still love and respect you as a builder and I’ll still leave the door open for friendship- but if you keep dragging it on like this I just don’t know what else you want me to do.
I do remember being irritated by the fact that you were changing things in the dowager room and I said “no” multiple times.
When I asked you to stay out of one area it was kinda implied that I didn’t want you in other areas. And again, sorry I didn’t explicitly say that.
We could go back and forth about who said what when this or that happened but I’m not going to because it’s frankly a waste of my and your time.

BANEFORT IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After two extremely long years my first project is done. MASSIVE thank you to veggie for the final terraform push!!! Also HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to endy for doing the mountains and other terraform projects for me <3
Thank you so so so so so so so much to kor for providing beautiful rivers and amazing cliffs <3
HUGE shout out to fin for doing most of the coastal cliffs, mountains, and the final castle! <3
Thank you to emot for helping with forests and the beaches!!! Thank you for teaching me as well <3
More thank you's for dork, dragons, and marg- thank you so much for helping me with both big and small tasks <3
Finally thank you to nuggets for abandoning this project and also doing some terra/buildings :)

I couldn't have finished this colossal project without you guys!!! (im sorry if I forgot anyone else but I really do thank you) <3