Help out with a Timelapse!

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey all,

Today fluboss, myself, and a few other volunteers tested a reverse timelapse of one of Winterfell's towers to test out some ideas for a full-scale video.

Most of you know what a timelapse is, but what is a reverse timelapse?
Basically, we are filmed slowly destroying a build, top to bottom, and then the footage is reversed and sped up to make it look like its being built from nothing!

As server builds nowadays take a long time to complete, they aren't really feasible as timelapses, but with the magic of a reverse timelapse we can simulate what that might look like. The first build we want to do a reverse timelapse for is Winterfell.

The time we are provisionally planning to do this is 9pm GMT (5pm EST), Saturday, September 19th.

The filming will be coordinated using discord, by myself and fluboss, so please only join if you can access discord. You won't need to speak but you will need to hear me and fluboss as we organise the various shots.

We will be posting more details in this thread about how we will organize the filming, in what order, and how.

Let us know if you will join us by answering the poll above! That way we can get an idea of how many people might be interested.

Vickon_Greyjoy

Bard
hey so i live in Belgium. do you have any idea what the time would be if i want to join?
because the times you gave are american times i guess. and they don't apply here then.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Make a one block tall selection of the tip large enough to fit the circumference of the entire tower.
Delete all stone type blocks
Delete all wood type blocks
Delete all deco type blocks
Shift the selection down by one block
Repeat
Reverse.

:p

Reactions: DutchGuard

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Okay all, we are go for the timelapse today, hope you can join! Remember to listen in on Discord!

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey all, we should be able to finish up the shots we need for Winterfell today at 7pm GMT. Hop onto Discord Voice Chat around that time, or any time afterwards to help out!

Here are some time conversions:
CET: 8pm
EST: 3pm
PDT: 12pm (noon)
JST: 4am

Reactions: fluboss

fluboss

Messenger
Hey all, we should be able to finish up the shots we need for Winterfell today at 7pm GMT. Hop onto Discord Voice Chat around that time, or any time afterwards to help out!

Here are some time conversions:
CET: 8pm
EST: 3pm
PDT: 12pm (noon)
JST: 4am

I hope a lot of people can help out. The more people, the faster it will be. Would be great if we could finish the reversed timelapse today, so let us take the final push!
Here's already a sneak peek of the upcoming cinematic (at some places very roughly edited of course):

of course every helping hand will also be credited at the end of the video! :)
see you later today hopefully!
-cheers

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey all, after a successful third round of filming we've finished all the footage for the Winterfell Timelapse!
Here are the names I have for those who helped, please let me know if I missed anyone!
Elduwin
_Simbaa
Shymon184
ContraContradict
Emoticone11
StanateeManatee
DutchGuard
Ric_games
Luk_em_an
SseriousBusiness
ItsPabs
P_Tesla
GevSant
TheYoungWolf
Scubooty
EverlastEvil07
ViserysII

ContraBlonde

Bookbinder
Hey all, after a successful third round of filming we've finished all the footage for the Winterfell Timelapse!
Here are the names I have for those who helped, please let me know if I missed anyone!
Elduwin
_Simbaa
Shymon184
ContraContradict
Emoticone11
StanateeManatee
DutchGuard
Ric_games
Luk_em_an
SseriousBusiness
ItsPabs
P_Tesla
GevSant
TheYoungWolf
Scubooty
EverlastEvil07
ViserysII
I think you misspelled luks name. I think it’s Luk_emAn could b wrong tho

fluboss

Messenger
Hey you all

Sorry it is taking so long for editing the video.
I was away from my main computer the last 2 weeks.
Here is a preview on the current version:

I already collected some feedback and am working it, but I would be interested in your critique as well. So let me know if how you like it and what could be changed!
- fluboss

polopolo

Storyteller
It may be good to credit the original building team (whoever was in charge and the builders that helped) and make it clear compared to those who took part in the deconstruction. If seen from someone who is not tuned in, might give false impressions.

Reactions: ContraBlonde

fluboss

Messenger
It may be good to credit the original building team (whoever was in charge and the builders that helped) and make it clear compared to those who took part in the deconstruction. If seen from someone who is not tuned in, might give false impressions.

You're absolutely right that the biggest credit is due to the original builders. It is obiously tricky as of the nature of a reversed timelapse to not acidently trick someone into believing it is acually built this way. Probably a clear mention that the timelapse is reversed in the video description might be a solution.
I actually credited the project leaders at the end (IwanDeLarch & Thamus_Knoward), but I thought including everyone who participated would go beyond the scope of the credits, thats why I thanked the whole community and everyone who helped building as a whole. But I could definitely include at least the leadersof the subprojects.

Thanks for your input!

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Would it be possible to use the new WesterosCraft logo? I'd like there to be consistency across all of our branding materials. I uploaded a large PNG version to the media section of the website.

fluboss

Messenger
Would it be possible to use the new WesterosCraft logo? I'd like there to be consistency across all of our branding materials. I uploaded a large PNG version to the media section of the website.

You mean this one?View attachment logos_WC Logo.png
Yea, I can replace the part at the end "Video by WesterosCraft" by this logo/font.The title at the beginning (2:31) is changable as well, but would probably take to much time.

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, that one. It's fine if the one in the beginning stays as it is, but the one at the end should stick to our branding.