Completed Ghost Hill - by Margaery Tyrell

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Mini available:

fXDVSvZ.png

For your application I am looking for plot outlines of the hamlet, feel free to use the full extent of the lands shown in the picture above. This means you can put the hamlet's buildings up against the sea cliffs, or up in the hills marked in yellow, so long as they allow enough space for their subsistence agriculture needs (wheat, olives and vegetables).

The hamlet will comprise of 5-7 low class houses, 1 barn for tools and crop storage, 1 small shrine (not a sept), a communal bread oven for everyone to use.

The pallete of this hamlet will be similar to other things in ghost hill, but with no blue slate rooves (brown slate, birch rooves or flat rooves only). Please reach out to me for any further questions.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Okay we got FOUR minis you guys can apply for (handy if you're looking to take up a solo project in the future). As with the hamlet the rules are simple: place your block indicating where your test is, and build either a layout or a fully built structure.

All four minis are at /warp ghham2 and are marked out by cyan pillars.

Dswz3eh.png

Please make your stuff with consideration of the other three minis, these are modestly sized structures.

The first mini is a simple hamlet of 5-6 houses. In addition it should contain a well, communal oven, a small shrine, a smokehouse for smoking fish and a small shed for tool storage.

The second mini is a petty lord/landed knight's keep. It should echo the size of the towers at /warp torhf1 and /warp torhf2. It is a middle class keep and should hug the cliffside closely to watch for attacks from Tyroshi and Lyseni slavers.

The third mini is a vineyard complex. It should include a pressing room, a cellar for storing and aging wine, space for workers to sleep in. It shouldn't be overly large about the size of the vineyard complex at /warp torhamlet4.

The fourth mini is a sea silk production facility (idk the right phrasing) where sea silk is prouced from harvesting molluscs in the ocean. This is an opportunity to create something unique and new and I want the entire process of sea silk production to be depicted as much as possible. Here are some links to help with the process. Part of the process does involve treating the silk with lemon juice, I will make sure that a small lemon orchard is placed within the lands bordered by red concrete dust.

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Everyone,

I apply for the Knight Keep!
My Idea was that the Knight is an Old man sitting on his Rocking Chair and wallows in memories and Watch the Ocean.
He das two sons. The Older Son is Rulling his Lands because The Old Knight is Weak and not longer able to rule.
The Colors of the Banner of the Knight are Red and Purple.
Check it out at /warp Jeff

Greetings Jeff

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Marg, looking good so far.
Just wanted to quickly ask to what extent you are updating/building the project, are you following the project boundaries or just staying close to the coast?
Also just want to note that when drawing project borders I left Wells in the Ghost Hill area as I felt Wells could be placed elsewhere to better evenly spread projects across the region (the new location is still undecided). Meaning that if you wanted to remove or replace the current build there that should be allowable but just let us know if that's something you might do.

Reactions: Jeffjunior77

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Hey Everyone,

I apply for the Knight Keep!
My Idea was that the Knight is an Old man sitting on his Rocking Chair and wallows in memories and Watch the Ocean.
He das two sons. The Older Son is Rulling his Lands because The Old Knight is Weak and not longer able to rule.
The Colors of the Banner of the Knight are Red and Purple.
Check it out at /warp Jeff

Greetings Jeff

I think that the west tower by the entry gate should be moved forward 2 blocks to follow the wall a bit more accurately, otherwise its approved by me. You just need one approving mod to sign it off and you can paste it in

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Hey Marg, looking good so far.
Just wanted to quickly ask to what extent you are updating/building the project, are you following the project boundaries or just staying close to the coast?
Also just want to note that when drawing project borders I left Wells in the Ghost Hill area as I felt Wells could be placed elsewhere to better evenly spread projects across the region (the new location is still undecided). Meaning that if you wanted to remove or replace the current build there that should be allowable but just let us know if that's something you might do.

For the most part I will be staying to the coast, I am planning on making the paths through the hills that Arriane takes from the inner deserts through the hills to Ghost Hill. I am planning on having a couple small settlements (1-2 families) in the hills along the trails for where horses can be fed,watered and rested for travelers where small stunted olives are raised as well.

As for the rest, I am leaving that to whoever decides to do the Eastern Dorne Terraforming (turning sand deserts into scrubland/dryland)

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hi everyone! I'm applying for the sea silk and cotton facility in /warp ghham2.

2022-05-02_04.37.35.jpg
2022-05-02_04.37.44.jpg
Top: Front courtyard, dedicated to cotton processing. Bottom: Back courtyard, dedicated to sea silk processing. Stairs carved on the rock to reach the molluscs can be seen.

The production of those two textiles is separated into two courtyards: the front one dedicated to cotton and the back one, towards the sea, to the sea silk. In both cases the processing of the fibers from raw materials to cloth is represented as much as possible (or intended to). Since sea silk yields so little, it gets woven or embroided into other clothes That would take place in the middle building. In my head canon sea silk as a technique comes from somewhere in Essos, and through the Stepstones it has reached Dorne. Maybe a essosi merchant established a factory here seen the abundance of Pinna nobilis, the mollusc from where it is extracted.

Alongside the main building complex my intention is to add mollusc colonies alongside the coast and beaches of /warp ghham2 and the nerbay area, completed with small boats and the nets to transport them. I used tin ore to represent the molluscs, since its texture already kinda resembles them and its close to the colour of the target species.

2022-05-02_04.46.38.jpg
2022-05-02 (10)_LI.jpg
Top: Aspect of the mollusc colonies. Bottom: Target beaches and rocksides to add mollusc colonies on. Not all may be done, and it wouldn't be excesive. I would like to have them on an extensive area though, mainly due to the low yield of fibers per mollusc.

Special thanks to Guillard for assistance and help with getting out of creative block, and the builders of the cotton textiles factories in /warp Holyhall and /warp TheTor, whose spinning wheel and loom designs I blatanly ripped off inspired me to make the ones here. The test can be found at /warp Azulejo.​