WesterosCraft showing at the V&A Museum!

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Some exciting news - I am pleased to announce WesterosCraft will be part of an exhibition about video games at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London! The show launches September 8th, 2018. For more information, visit https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/videogames

We may be planning some new videos for the show, and with that comes group builds and timelapses! Stay tuned for more info!

If you plan on going later this year, let us know!

This looks super exciting and I'm debating finding a conference to go to as an excuse to fly to London and see it. But also I just saw they're releasing a book for the exhibition and a shot I saw looked wrong:

- this image (from this article)

So then I investigated and the person responsible for screenshots is this guy:

- Duncan Harris' website

And he seems to have a) the wrong map and b) not the right textures.

SO maybe we should tell them before they print it?

Reactions: Elduwin and otty

geeberry

Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
This looks super exciting and I'm debating finding a conference to go to as an excuse to fly to London and see it. But also I just saw they're releasing a book for the exhibition and a shot I saw looked wrong:

- this image (from this article)

So then I investigated and the person responsible for screenshots is this guy:

- Duncan Harris' website

And he seems to have a) the wrong map and b) not the right textures.

SO maybe we should tell them before they print it?

wtf i sent them tons of our renders. i will email them now. i have a feeling it might be too late but regardless cool that we are in that book!

georni

Bard
Could not find anyone posting about seeing the v&a exhibit, so I'll share my experience if anyone is interested. I went there yesterday.

I half expected to see the render of Winterfell as that was in the promo, so I had my eyes out for that during the exhibit, but sadly, no render was in the exhibit.

The way Westeroscraft is represented in the exhibit is in an 11min video shown in a small movie theater. In the video we got to see anything from e-sport to some huge space battle in a game I can't recall the name of, and also some minecraft timelapses, including a 15 sec-ish clip from our wall castles timelapse. And that was it, but it was cool, even saw my own avatar in the clip

The clip was over so fast, I forgot to take pictures, sorry