Unseen Westeros - Art Exhibit Berlin January 2019

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
There is an upcoming art exhibit with significant importance to us in terms of inspiration and lore content (or semi-canon lore). Of areas of Planetos that have yet not been seen in either the book series or television series.

Endorsed by George R.R. Martin himself, Unseen Westeros is scheduled to take place from January 23 to January 27, 2019. The exhibition is completely free to those interested in attending, due in large part to the Unseen Westeros Kickstarter campaign, which Game of Thrones fans have contributed upwards of $26,000 to as of this writing.

Read More: https://www.looper.com/134901/exclu...epicts-origins-of-westeros/?utm_campaign=clip

Of note we have the following locations confirmed to be depicted that are located in Westeros.
  • Torrhen's Square
  • Widow's Watch
  • Greywater Watch
  • Strongsong
  • Seaguard
  • Harrenhal
  • Old Wyk
  • Lonely Night
  • Shield Islands
  • Golden Tooth
  • Tarth
  • Storm's End
  • Oldtown's Temple to the Lord of Light
  • Plankytown
  • The Stepstones (pre-Hammer of waters)
I also managed to snag a few snippets of locations confirmed to be within Westeros or appear to look like theyre in Westeros. Some are explicitly labelled, while others can be deduced from clues within the picture, and others are open to interpretation of their exact location.

arm-of-dorne-1539016601.jpg

Arm of Dorne pre-Hammer of Waters

widows-watch-1539016601.jpg

Widow's Watch

kohfjm1ogocijnvstshx.jpg

Golden Tooth

zjqzBrX.png

Harrenhal 1

CAYx0wK.png

Harrenhal 2

4PVHyhE.png

Strongsong

Personally I think this is a handy new source of inspiration for some of the areas of Westeros that have little to no canon. And bear in mind that there will be more than one picture per location (so far I've seen 2 pictures of the Bleeding Sea from the exhibit).

Xeson

Messenger
If you want the book, I think you need to contribute to the project. As far as I know the book will never be available in book stores.

Quote: "You will NEVER find "UNSEEN WESTEROS" in book shops on high street. We are NOT going to sell it through Amazon or other online platforms. This Kickstarter campaign is the only opportunity to secure this limited book. These will only go to you, our backers."

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
The art for Grey Water Watch reminds me of former Galindia and the lakes in Mazury/Masuria. Also the building designs look kind of familiar.