The Rookery - Summer 2020 Update!

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Also I just want to clear up some misunderstandings, I proposed the project list update to Wazgamer. He liked the idea and along the for the ride as it was a fun project for us to do together and he was also upset at its neglect. So yes, we both updated it. However, I was the one and only person to devise and complete the project weighting. I spent many hours of my time doing that by myself and really want to be the one to take full credit for it :).

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
You guys love to keep me off the probation leader list ;)

Sorry, otty! We don't have an up to date list of probation leaders anywhere I can find, so I apologize that I didn't include you on the list. One of the benefits of publishing the document through Adobe, though, is that I can make edits whenever I need to! So, it's fixed now. :)

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Also I just want to clear up some misunderstandings, I proposed the project list update to Wazgamer. He liked the idea and along the for the ride as it was a fun project for us to do together and he was also upset at its neglect. So yes, we both updated it. However, I was the one and only person to devise and complete the project weighting. I spent many hours of my time doing that by myself and really want to be the one to take full credit for it :).

thanks for the clarification otty, lemonbear I would really appreciate if you could update the text in my article to credit otty solely for the weightings on pg. 7 should read: “... project weightings, devised by otty...”

please also amend the earlier sentence to read “In 2017, otty and wazgamer started the initiative...”

Here is the forum post with probation leaders. Not sure who is responsible for updating it though. Possibly Emotione11?

Other than that, another rousing success! Thank you for all your hard work.

Last edited:

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
As someone with well-known knowledge of how not to update parts of a town/city without removing large parts of it, I'm very interested in helping out with the KL facelift. I'm looking forward to the forum thread.

The fan art is absolutely amazing, as is the entire document. Well done!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Here is the forum post with probation leaders. Not sure who is responsible for updating it though. Possibly @Emotione11?

It’s free for all mods to edit. I’ve been adding people whenever I approve them. I think Anthony is the only one missing from the list (though some people on the list might not be doing it anymore).

Reactions: lemonbear and Iwan

Borsdorfer

Storyteller
Hey, I am a guest here on the forums, but don't have a computer powerful enough to actually run Westeroscraft. However I really love the work all of you do on the server and especially appreciate 'The Rookery' as a way for me to see the great stuff you do. I'm really impressed by the high quality of the doc, from the very well-researched, written and edited articles to the gorgeous design and pictures.
So thank you for all your hard work, from a normally silent forum-lurker :)

PS: pls let me know if there's any way I could help the WC team without being able to actually be on the server (though I realize that I probably can't really be very helpful that way).

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Sorry, otty! We don't have an up to date list of probation leaders anywhere I can find, so I apologize that I didn't include you on the list. One of the benefits of publishing the document through Adobe, though, is that I can make edits whenever I need to! So, it's fixed now. :)

It was more of a tease as I was forgotten last time too haha but, I do appreciate it! I do also want to say I'm loving some of the minor changes to the layout, I think it really brings this together and makes everything communicate to a better degree! I also appreciate all the work of designing nearly 50+ pages worth of spreads, I've done 20 page books and those were a massive headache! So props to you two for getting fifty out in such a time frame!

And I too would like to help with the KL update! Or in the least, I am very excited about it! As someone who has gone in and rescued projects from the nuke bomb, I'm well accustomed to how to restore old and outdated buildings and projects while keeping integrity to the original concept! I also simply love updating; the before and after is so satisfying! Let me know if I can help in any way!

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Love the graphics. What happened to the digital page scrolling? Kinda miss it.
Unfortunately, I'm using a different system for document publishing that I don't think allows page scrolling transitions. (It does allow some types of transition, however, so I might try them out if they don't look stupid.) However, it does allow me to use hyperlinks and the loss in images is significantly less because I don't have to compress it into a PDF. So to me the gains outweigh the losses.