ITP7zMK.jpg

oTzlQZz.jpg

O1o48db.jpg

fn3DguW.jpg

Moody Duskendale

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Whoa, apparently SEUS is working on a ray-tracing implementation that doesn't require RTX:

SEUS PTGI is an experimental version of SEUS that includes a totally custom software implementation of ray tracing that does not require an RTX graphics card and will work on any NVIDIA graphics card (though low-end cards may struggle with performance. AMD compatibility is still being worked on). The “PTGI” in the name stands for “Path Traced Global Illumination”, which is the main feature of this project. It also includes ray traced reflections.

SEUS PTGI is still very much in an alpha state, and therefore is not yet ready for public release. However, if you’d like to support the development of this project and would like to test out experimental versions, head over to my Patreon page for more information.

That seems promising.

Whoa, apparently SEUS is working on a ray-tracing implementation that doesn't require RTX:

That seems promising.

I don’t know anything about graphics programming but would that type of shaders work with our texture pack? From what I saw of the WIP screenshots, it seems like there’s reflections in individual stones on a texture and wood planks etc. Or would we need to update ours to be able to use it?

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
To get things like this, you have to create specular and normal maps for each individual texture. I think that might be possible already with some shader packs, but I've never experimented with it. Also, I'm not sure how it works with custom blocks.

Reactions: SseriousBusiness

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Played around with the parallax mapping stuff, which works in Sildur's as well as SEUS:

55e4777dee.png

This is just with a bump map & specular map I found in some vanilla pack, so it doesn't look very good, but it's definitely possible with our custom blocks. I'm not really sure the reward vs. effort is there to warrant making these maps for every single one of our custom blocks, though, nor or how the additional tiles impact memory use.