Season 8 Promotions *Show Spoilers*

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey team,
As the hype train for Season 8 starts to build steam we thought it would be a great idea to jump on the bandwagon and start featuring the server in some social media posts (instagram, reddit, twitter etc).

What we need:
1. Pics!
2. More Pics!

Doesn't matter if they're shadered or photoshoped (within reason), just find something fun and interesting that shows off the server and potentially relevant to the climax of the show. Think winter, white walkers, the Wall, Winterfell, weirwoods (lot of Ws), characters, SNOW.

To help, I've made a start on a winter-fied Winterfell in the test world at /warp winterwinterfell
Feel free to use it for photo shoots and to add more icicles and snow.

Here's some pics I've thrown together, I'm sure others will have some better ideas though.
mQHcscw.png

XJR6SDW.png

2fek9bq.png

rKdCZhU.png

YB9gOsT.png

hHTosdR.png

Rr7Abkq.png

QhNrMzp.png

qBBQ

Street Preacher
Pictures looks great Cash! I'll try to make some snow pictures as well later today.

Are we reviving our subreddit? No one has posted there in more than half a year.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Pictures looks great Cash! I'll try to make some snow pictures as well later today.

Are we reviving our subreddit? No one has posted there in more than half a year.

Thanks qBBQ, i’m not sure about our subreddit, couldn’t hurt I guess but crossposting to /freefolk /gameofthrones /Minecraft at least

Reactions: AerioOndos

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
Also, I'd like to crowdsource for social media post ideas! Are there any particular things you'd like to see more of in terms of posts on Twitter or Facebook?

Some of the ideas I've had so far are:
  • Posts like those on Instagram - i.e., shader pic and house description/book quote
  • Tie ins to the show - e.g., locations from recent episodes, livetweeting, retweets of show actors
  • General Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire content - e.g., retweets of fan art, posters, book news, etc.
  • Posts that highlight our worldbuilding - e.g., Medieval occupations on our server and IRL inspiration
Some of these ideas are better than others, but I'm really trying to revitalize our social media presence. Please comment with any suggestions or criticisms you have!

I also will likely need someone with shaders to take pics for me because my computer can't handle them!