Approved Rhysling

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Renaissance of rivers and the riverside! Yas. But Uffering and Holyhall forest floors first

Kulmen

Herald
With the Mander redo, I'd like to petition to absorb Mandergate into Rhysling's lands to give it a makeover. I am the project lead for Mandergate, which is part of New Barrel, and I feel a revamp would be justified because of a) redoing the river, b) to remove the awkward castle that makes no sense in the middle of the river, c) fixing the palette from the old whitewash style, and d) to update the plotting which is a bit old school and could be better esp with a new river.

@Elduwin and @Howy would y'all be okay with this?

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I'm petitioning to absorb Bitter Bridge, Bridges, BBhamlet5, BBHoldfast3, and Inchsept into the Rousemont lands to give it a makeover. I feel a revamp would be justified because of a) redoing the river, b) to remove what I perceive as awkward c) to what I perceive as fix the palette from the old --INSERT HERE-- style here, and d) to update the plotting which is a bit old school and could be better esp with a new river.

Jokes aside, @Kulmen I'm pleading with you, don't get dragged into the maelstrom of extending your project way beyond its borders. For the sake of your own sanity, just do the river on the Rhysling side and apply for an update to the other projects later.

Best wishes from the asylum,

Thamus Knoward.

Also pls use my scripts for consistency between our sortof, in river scales, neighbouring projects:)

Last edited:

Enah

Skinchanger
I like the idea of fixing the plotting and style of Mandergate, keeping the monuments of the town as is and then making the rest up to date would be grand. Also if we gonna incorporate stuff like this then I conquer the Florents to fix BWK...

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey @Kulmen
Could you give us a rough map of your lands and the progress so far, and the area you'd like to redo around Mandergate? I'm happy to approve this, just want to make sure you're getting close to the completion of Rhysling before :)

Kulmen

Herald
Here's a rough map of the project so far. Everything within the yellow boundary is my current lands, red is what still needs to be done and is WIP, and orange are areas that need updates ranging from fixing mushroom roofs to reorganizing fields to fit the terrain better.

I will shortly process a map of proposed changes around Rhysling, but that's not a priority right now as I'd like to finish everything inside the yellow.rhyslingprogress.jpg

Scubooty

Bookbinder
To Further Kulmens Monopoly of the Reach ;), I'm applying for a small hamlet to the southeast of the current lands of "Rhysling". Me and Kul talked in game and already have a majority of it planned out, Kul will do the terraforming.
The attached image displays the area I plan to work in. It will not only be adding to an area that currently was barren but also provide a location for some of our Probation Builders, being a new builder myself I can attest that it is tedious to scour the server in search of a random plot here and there or only getting to build a shed. The image displays rivers (Blue), an extension of the forest (Green), Swamp-lands (Brown), the relative location for the Hamlet (Red), surrounding farmlands (Purple), and lastly the roads (Yellow).

Attachments

• Rhysling hamlet.png
    Rhysling hamlet.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: Ric

Kulmen

Herald
I approve this project. I'll prepare the basic terraforming this week so we can open those plots up for the newbies :).

In actually plotting the lands, I'd like for you to keep in mind the necessary infrastructure for farming and any small-scale industry that would arise in the area be that granaries, kilns, etc.

To get a better understanding of medieval agriculture I'd recommend going through these two links, as I found them particularly helpful in learning how to build a more realistic farming ecosystem.

Finally, here is a link of maps that show how agricultural settlements tend to look and develop, which helps in gaining an intuitive sense of how to plot.

Good luck! :)

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
To Further Kulmens Monopoly of the Reach

images