Completed Project Application - Isle of Faces

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
That's some tricky canon to navigate, presentation of the relevant information is great.
As for size, I would hesitate to make it much larger than it is now. Canon maps vary wildly on the size of the isle, with the largest showing a size similar to what we have now. Land of Ice and Fire shows an island a third the size of what we have. I wouldn't mind if the island was reshaped, but the area should not be increased significantly.

I was wondering also if you could include a terra test for the proposed coastline. It would be great to have a coastline crowded with dense undergrowth and large trees, dark and foreboding to anyone sailing past.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
That's some tricky canon to navigate, presentation of the relevant information is great.
As for size, I would hesitate to make it much larger than it is now. Canon maps vary wildly on the size of the isle, with the largest showing a size similar to what we have now. Land of Ice and Fire shows an island a third the size of what we have. I wouldn't mind if the island was reshaped, but the area should not be increased significantly.

I was wondering also if you could include a terra test for the proposed coastline. It would be great to have a coastline crowded with dense undergrowth and large trees, dark and foreboding to anyone sailing past.
I agree with Dutch I think seeing some of the proposed terraforming would be great I was also thinking that there could be some rocky outcroppings and/or Dells along the water where it meets the land, I'd also be willing to help in any way with this!

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Great stuff Ric (and scub)!

This goes a little outside the remit of the project perhaps, but if you were willing to do the coastline along the lakeshore as well that would be amazing. Otherwise we're going to have to split it up among a bunch of other projects and it might be easier to do it all in one sweep while you've got the technique mastered. That way God's Eye as a whole can be signed off, but it's a lot of work so don't feel like you have to.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Approved!

I actually like Dutch’s idea - best way to ensure a consistent lakeshore for God’s Eye. If you’re willing to take on the work, it’d be appreciated. If so, I’d like to see a diorama for that coastline before you get to it (no need to do it now, just an update in the thread later).

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Thanks Eld and Emot! I'll start working there soon :D

And sure, I can definetelly work on the lakeshore! I'll make a diorama for it in the near future. But I would like to ask: how should I work on areas of projects already done, like Willow Wood and Harrenhal? Is it okay for me to update there or should I leave them for another time?

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
But I would like to ask: how should I work on areas of projects already done, like Willow Wood and Harrenhal? Is it okay for me to update there or should I leave them for another time?

I think you should try to work around the structures as much as possible, sort of like the Mander terra. That is, feel free to update the foliage and stuff to be consistent with the updated coastlines we decide on, but try to leave the builds at those projects alone.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
Aren't there two someones? Caraxes and Vhagar + Aemond and Daemon?
Ric is correct Vhagar is the only skeleton left in the water. Caraxes crawls onto shore and dies and Daemon's body is never found. Aemon's remains were eventually reclaimed from the saddle of Vhagar and they recovered Dark Sister from his skull. The Skeleton of Vhagar is likely too large to be removed and at this point should probably be a little buried.

Reactions: AerioOndos

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey everyone!

After 10 months of work I'm happy to say that the Isle of Faces is finished! :) I'm still commited to finish the lakeshore for the God's Eye and will soon start working on a diorama that will be posted in this thread for further discussion on the topic, but the isle itself is open for post-approval and to anyone looking for a forest to explore ;)

I'll write the wiki article soon too, in the meantime if someone wants to take some nice screenshots with shaders in the isle and send them to me it would be very appreciated!

Thanks,
Ric

Ric

Ser
Staff member
Hey Jake,

Thanks for the feedback. Like Aeks said, there's a reason for that choice. When the water flows into the rock carving the caves, it goes through the soft rock until it hits a layer with a studier type of rock, then focusing in the areas where it could break through (that eventually become sinkholes). I've kept each level in the same height trying to demonstrate that effect.

Here's an image showing that:
1631982692802.png