Approved Project Application: House Willum by Daenerys (update/redo)

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her
Alright! this is a huge improvement. However there's still a few things that I think could be touched up, plus some general feedback.

General:
-Its usually a good idea to have most of the houses grid aligned/unangled. This makes it easier to build in-style, do interesting features and make ints. Its also looks cleaner and less busy by default. Therefore, if you're doing lots of angled house plots, tone down the amount of details so that its not too 'busy'.
-Its hard to build plots that are a steep angle like the 2 block/30d and the 45d. the two yellow steep angled plots (2 blocks before change) could pretty easily be angled differently OR an alternative is to make them into a standing frame/supported awning that'd be fine with that angle. Hope I make sense with this.

Specific:
-Kennels should be a small lean-to or a sleeping spot inside the house. more important are livestock shelters, stables, sheds and barns. In fact, a dog can sleep in these other places too. Make multi purpose little spaces if there are going to be doggos
-On the left hand side of the picture, it'd be very simple to just connect the yard walls into one so that there isn't the little passage way between the two yards.
Thank you Aeks and Maj for replying to this! I can't add more feedback than this :)

Reactions: Jeffjunior77

DaenerysTargaryenI

Playwright
Pronouns
she/her

Project Update:

Castle:
I am re-doing the castle at the moment. I'm thinking of many designs and trying to work them out. Once the castle is officially finished, I will post that on here.

Main Village:
Done and approved (sept still needs some work)

Hamlets: (possible that more things will be added to them)
Willum 2 = Done
Willum 3 = Done
Willum 4 = Done
Willum 5 = WIP

Terra:
Not really started yet

If you have any feedback/tips/idea's feel free to leave them on this thread or send me a message in game/on discord <3

BlueJackdaw

Messenger
Pronouns
she/her
Hey, thank you so much for the feedback! I've been pretty busy recently but things have calmed down now :) I've updated the hamlet a little - I've kept some of the work sheds in the yards - but these will have more generic functions than the kennels. I've enclosed a few of the yards and removed some of the extra structures from the more complex plots, and toned down a few of the diagonal ones.

2023-02-05_13.26.13.png2023-02-05_13.26.07.png

Reactions: WalrusBehindYou

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
hey hey!

Just a reminder to people, especially new builders, that there are plots open at willum. In the main village, in willum2 and willum4. Willum4 especially has a few plots, ranging from Ints to the whole deal of house + yard and a number of special builds which include a wedding party, threshing floor, river launch and laundry.