Completed Project application house Stackspear

My app has been updated. All test can be seen on the 2nd floor of my plot (/warp endymion). Right now i'm trying to figure out my septry. Maybe Stoop could help me out with the layout, since you know a lot about them? The town will have the same house/profession count as the one before, but will not be defencive and less dense.

Reactions: EStoop

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Hey Endy,

I'd be more than happy to help you out with the septry. Septries are hard though, and they usually take me a try or 5 to get them right. Feel free to ask me ingame or on the forums about them.

Village
Your app still lists the village as a defensive. For the size of it, some of the professions are a bit daring, such as a cobbler, grocer, spicer, brothel, barrel maker and potter. Usually, goods associated with these professions are imported from towns and cities, that have a larger economy that make professions like that sustainable. I doubt anyone in a ~50 people community would either work at a brothel or visit one.

Grocery, pottery and tailoring/cobbling can be done on a small scale. Medieval peasantry was a lot more self sustainable than modern man.

Economy
As for olive orchards, canon indicates they grow in Dorne, so I'd assume they'd be more common in the south of the continent, not in the Westerlands (which is about halfway in the middle). Sunflowers are good though. For what purpose do they grow sunflowers though?

Figure out an economy for the lands, be it sunflowers or something else entirely, and you can add interesting professions and industry related to that economy to your village and hamlets. For sunflowers, economic production could be focused on sunflower oil (crushed seeds are used for livestock feed) and dye. Since the crushed seeds can be used for livestock, it'd be realistic to include a lot of pastures, barns etc..

Reactions: Emoticone11
Hey Stoop thanks for the feedback! I’ll lower the amount of proffesions. The cobbler was there because he provides and repairs shoes for the whole of stackspear. So also the lord and hamlets.

Maybe i could move the cooper to the septry. Since they make wine as most important trade good and is there primairy revenue. Or i could move it to the close by hamlet (log camp). I’m unsure on the allowed size of my septry as i don’t want it to keep growing and be as large as fairmarket, sweetwillow and woowwright. Because that would be way to large i think.

The remaining profesions in the town will be an inn, butcher, baker, barber, fishmonger(?) and cobbler. The others will be fishers or farmers. The brothel is just a small basement.

The economy
The septry produces wine, so maybe they would be the richer type of septries? Maybe they give a discount to other septries and septons. Apart from that they will have some small fields, herb garden and mixed orhard or selfsustain.
The fields around the town are for the town, but what they don’t use could be sold at lannisport.
I’ll make the fields for sunflowers larger and add in more pasture instead of crops. Every hamlet or farmstead related to argiculture will have a barn. I count do the dye, but i know amm also wants to do that, so maybe i should sell the seeds to banefort and lannisport instead of creating the components for dye myself.

I’ll cut the olive grove up in to smaller orchards for different kind of trees and maybe add a cidery to process all the fruit.

Wazgamer

Lord Paramount of The Riverlands
Pronouns
they/them
Alright, I'm pretty happy with this, looks like a good first project! I'll be watching how you lay out the main village just so you don't go over kill :p Good luck though Endy! Approved

@Howy Your thoughts?

IMajic

Royal Messenger
hey howy and waz again lol !
Test For Stackhouse - HF its in the playground.

Heres some screenshots of the front (sorta done ish)
i hope its okey i followed the style guide from the castle and it needed a gate for the quarry but not a large fortification on the road as theres only a quarry/hamlet in the area behind the holdfast.
NRHm8bs.jpg

B9SiiMv.jpg

thanks maj

IMajic

Royal Messenger
hey stoop thanks for the feedback i was unsure on that part had it stone turned it to the wood now back to stone but i now like the way it looks now :)
hope this is ok
mAife2v.jpg

u can see it in south of the playground

Reactions: Endymion and EStoop
Hey
I've been working on this project for a little over a month now and thought it was time for an update.

I have mainly focused on building, but now that I have e-lite I will focus more on terraforming the area. The course of the river has been adapted to fit the terrain better, which means that some things have been moved around a bit, so the map isn’t 100% accurate anymore. For example, fields that were to the left of the river are now on the right of it. I don't really think it's necessary to make a new map for it, but if you want me to, i’ll do it.

I’ve made a list with the status of the different things at my project, for an easy overview.

Southern part
  • Village: complete structures (maybe add an extra barn). Fields will be continued once terra is done.
  • Castle: everthing done exept basements/kitchen.
  • Hf1: done
  • Hf3: done (ty maj)
  • Ham 2: in progress. Feel free to build there.
  • Ham 3: not done - waiting for terra Ham 4: not done - also waiting on terra
  • Ham 5: done (ty cloud)
  • Septry done: (change one field to sunflowers to feed the birds ;p)
  • Mines: not done
  • Mills: not done
  • Fields: not done
  • Orchard: i'll do this after i fix the terrain.
  • I'm adding a flax farm as an new mini at the other side of the stream near the castle ham. Feel free to apply.
Terraforming
  • Fixing terrain, doing rivers ...
  • Duck will you continue the coast or would rather want me to do it?
  • Forest: probably one of the last things I will do.
  • I haven’t made up my mind on redoing the mountains.
I probably forgot something.

Northern part
Closed untill southern part is close to finishing.

Right now i’m on vacation, so you probably won’t see me online for the next two weeks.

A special thanks to duck, majic, cloud and everyone else that allready has contributed to the project!

Last edited:
Hey

After 4 months my project is almost done! The remaining tasks are: finishing all rivers (plants, pebbles, finishing the most eastern part of the project (all most done) and completing the banefort border. I hope this will be done by the end of the week .
Will waz be able to post-approve or do i need to ask an other mod?

-endy