Withdrawn Project Application: House Slate of Blackpool

IMajic

Royal Messenger
I was just looking through pojects, I came across this appliaction.

Main problems
I see you haven't shown a consistently when it comes to your test, the houses tests seem very different to the castle and each house looks very different, if they are different there needs to be a reason. You needed to think where the houses were going to go, is it because the ground is unstable to build on.
what styles fits where, do they fit in with the other local area [projects around them.]

you did think about the thinner detail of where the materials for the houses and castles have come from, so that's a nice detail.

You need to compile all your information into one document so that mods can go through it. The one you have is quite limited at the moment. add all the extra things you have done. research can be more important then tests.

Show what slate mining is, show some tests, do some research.
This will add a great amount of detail needed for this application.

This document should have
  • Resume
  • Outline for the project.

• Inspiration for the terrain. any features.
  • Inspiration for the atmosphere of the land, -rivers - lakes of any [forests] - might not be needed
  • Inspiration for houses and castle.

• Plans for what you want todo.
  • plans should try to include the map.

• House tests.
  • Castle test showing a layout and a facade at minimum.
  • Maybe some industry tests

• What the people in you land do as a job, to create wealth.
  • how the people feed themselves such as farmland, orchards or fishing?

• Do they have somewhere to practice faith like a Godswood or Sept/Septry.

you have some of the things, but still you are missing a lot of these things to make a coherent application.

The castle you showed looks to use red sandstone, is this the right fit, or is it you are just using the overall layout,
You said slate inspiration but I can hardly see the slate in the artwork, so it isn't the best example.
maybe show another castle for more inspiration.

I would try getting to that point.
+last thing, this application was probably lost in the forums so mods maybe just missed this. just do a little bump now and then, maybe a message in game to the mod that replied just to remind them ;)

Anyway hope this isn't intruding on anyone, with you or the mods who replied here.
it should be consistent and all all the blocks [rocks and stones] you use should relate to the houses/stones

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Not coming back to Slate though, since there was a lack of interest in the application even after months of changes/revisions.

I wouldn't take this as necessarily a sign of disapproval BTW. Mods lead busy lives, and it's easy to overlook applications and updates. Sometimes you have to be a bit assertive (while respectful of our time ofc) to get people to look at the app and give opinions (and go over stuff in-game with them). This also helps signal your interest in seeing the project through, which is important because we don't want to risk approving an app only for the lead to abandon it later and leave a big WIP area on the map. Another thing that helps is consolidating all the revisions in one place (i.e., the original document) so we don't have to sift through all the discourse in the thread to see what the most recent plans/tests are.

Of course, if you're personally not interested in the project anymore, that's fine. Just want to make sure you're not dropping it only because the lack of recent mod responses.

Finn01

Envoy
I wouldn't take this as necessarily a sign of disapproval BTW. Mods lead busy lives, and it's easy to overlook applications and updates. Sometimes you have to be a bit assertive (while respectful of our time ofc) to get people to look at the app and give opinions (and go over stuff in-game with them). This also helps signal your interest in seeing the project through, which is important because we don't want to risk approving an app only for the lead to abandon it later and leave a big WIP area on the map. Another thing that helps is consolidating all the revisions in one place (i.e., the original document) so we don't have to sift through all the discourse in the thread to see what the most recent plans/tests are.

Of course, if you're personally not interested in the project anymore, that's fine. Just want to make sure you're not dropping it only because the lack of recent mod responses.
I did get rid of all my docs a while ago to save file space, just wanted to leave a final note ig.