Completed Project Application - House Rousemont

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Now with Kulmen leaving (and the uncertainty of whether he will post his detailed procedure somewhere), I'd like to ask you @Elduwin to take care of the river so that it looks consistently along the majority of its course. I'll take on any other terraforming (the wetlands at Rousemont, the fields, bocage, forest, hills and tributary streams.) However, I do think that the river should probs be done in one piece. I'm still researching rivers here and I haven't gotten to the vegetation yet but perhaps you know that better than I do!

Andy_Jones

Herald
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Tham, I‘ll give you some info on the wetlands including a version of the script that is updated to our new Worldedit when I have the time. It would be a good thing to have the same, or at least quite similar Wetlands.

I can’t speak for Elduwin here, but I can assure you that he won’t have time in the next months giving that Highgarden‘s Mander, Oldtown and his own marshes at Uffering are top priority.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Thanks Andy! I appreciate it. Eld's other priorities shouldn't be a problem, if @granberry approves this project, I can focus on all the parts, BUT the main river so that when he gets there he can do it seamlessly. I know the keep is right in the water, but its in the water of a small floodplain lake which I plan to have separated from the main river by a levee so it should be very easy to draw the line there.

Reactions: Elduwin

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Hey guys,

I'm finding myself with less and less time these days and almost zero motivation to push this one by my lonesome. After a lot of deliberation, I figured that instead of leaving this half-done scar in the beautiful Reach I'd reach out to the community to find a steward who'd be willing to take the reins of this project from here.

Maybe someone making progress on Rousemont could rekindle my creative juices for it, so I'd like there to be the option of at least some participation (perhaps a house here or some smallish feature there?).

So, whoever wants a fairly nice stretch of prime river real estate north of Bitter Bridge they may just reach out and grab.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Had a bit of motivation for the project and opened some low-key plots SW from the Rousemont warp. Come by and build a serf's cottage!
If you want you can also do the adjacent yard, but its not a must.

I also made 3 sets of pollarded willows (Freshly pollarded, about 1 year ago, about 2 years ago). I need help making those into schemsets tho :D They are currently at /warp treetest above the small willows.
3a2706148b.jpg

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Is the pine forest part of Rousemont? I just wanted to know why a pine forest is growing in a relatively fertile river plain as opposed to a deciduous or mixed forest? Pine trees typically enjoy well-drained sandy-dry soil

• Haha
Reactions: Adorkabley

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Is the pine forest part of Rousemont? I just wanted to know why a pine forest is growing in a relatively fertile river plain as opposed to a deciduous or mixed forest? Pine trees typically enjoy well-drained sandy-dry soil
Yeah it's been there from before even Bitterbridge was started. I've been trying to roll with it but the trees are so ridiculously huge that I'd rather it be replaced.

I could really need some terra partner on the project, both in finishing the river and dealing with the forest. I'm really reluctant to expand beyond the area because I don't know who's doing the rivers there and what they intend to do.

If anyone were to jump aboard, I was hoping the terrain to be a relatively flat flood plain down in the valley floor near the river and some escarpments on either side where the river has cut through the hills over the years. Then a sparse floodplain forest near the water and gradually the Inchfield type of bocage towards the escarpments (i.e. hedges with trees grown through them).

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I’ve come to appreciate the pine forest for providing a dark, dense backdrop to the river’s floodplain. I also think their elevated position hints at drained, sandy/ rocky soils.

For the lower floodplains I’m planning to add a “Driesch” i. e. lightly forested (poplar) pastures subjected to seasonal flooding.

@Kulmen would be cool if this became more widespread along the upper reaches of the Mander for consistency’s sake! I’ll make an appropriate script for it!

Reactions: lemonbear and Iwan

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Still to do:
- [X] Add fields and pastures to South-eastern bocage
- [X] Terraform a Driesch between Rousemont HF and eastern tip of the Rousemont fisheries:
- - [X] Change ground mix to mud, bog, grass and dirt
- - [X] Change biome to forest
- - [X] Add puddles
- - [X] Frame embankment of the Driesch with Nettles, Aegopodium podagraria aka Ground Elder (stand-in: Jungle Leaves), and Braunwurz (stand-in: Bracken)
- - [X] Sparsely add bushes of Salix viminalis aka Basket Willow aka Osier (stand-in: Palm Leaves) near the water.
- - [X] Add medium and tall poplars, tree trunks and fallen trees ideally using a Script
- [X] Plan area between Rousemont HF and Buckley
- [X] Plan area between Rousemont proper and Bitterbridge keep
- [ ] Confer with project lead of Risley, what they plan for the opposite bank
- [X] Add buffer forest on the opposite bank
- [X] Remove WorldPainter pine forest around Rousemont
- [X] Plan area above the ridge south of Rousemont HF
- [X] Terraform the coniferous forest:
- - [X] Change ground mix to pine needles and forest grass
- - [X] Change biome to forest
- - [X] Add pockets of deciduous forest
- - [X] Add sparse patches of fern/ bracken ideally depending on the light level
- - [ ] Add sparse patches of mossy rock
- [ ] Obtain all missing information and river script used for the finished river section near Rousemont HF from @Kulmen
- [ ] Confer with the mods if the river terraforming/ shape is final?!

- [X] If so finish the damn river once all scripts and brushes are in place

Last edited: