Approved Project Application: House Melcolm of Old Anchor

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi Enah,

The new tests look much better! I'm still opposed to the close-studding blocks used in the farmhouses (for the reasoning I outlined above), and some specific aspects of the town style like the use of white harbor stone (actually, maybe you already told me that's not being used anymore, I can't remember :p), but I trust we can negotiate those aspects when the project is underway. Approved!

Enah

Skinchanger
Greetings, Westerosi and Maesters! I humbly prostrate myself and ask, nae, beg to be given the permission to revamp Moore Septry, located directly adjacent to the OA lands. The septry, which comprises a 3 septon middle class house, tiny winery and a sept. would benefit from a remodelling and bring beauty and grace tot he Seven who are One. My plans for the new septry would make it on par with ones such as at Peasedale. Thank you

Renly_Baratheon_

Envoy
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Enah, just saw the layout of the town that you're working on in the western parts of the Old Anchor lands, near Ironoaks.
Since some of the inspiration for this project is Swiss and you were previously happy when I pointed out the similarity of Old Anchor to Sempach, I figured I'd tell you about some Swiss cities that the layout reminded me of. (Bare in mind, that I've only looked at your new town from the Dynmap lol)
You could look at some smaller towns in the canton of Fribourg like Gruyère, Romont and to a lesser extent Bulle and also Fribourg. I also think Burgdorf in the canton of Bern would be interesting to you. They all have oldtowns that are stretched long and are placed on the ridge of a hill. Out of all of these I think Gruyère has the most similar layout and Romont the most similar agricultural situation.
Hope this is useful to you.

Enah

Skinchanger
Hey Enah, just saw the layout of the town that you're working on in the western parts of the Old Anchor lands, near Ironoaks.
Since some of the inspiration for this project is Swiss and you were previously happy when I pointed out the similarity of Old Anchor to Sempach, I figured I'd tell you about some Swiss cities that the layout reminded me of. (Bare in mind, that I've only looked at your new town from the Dynmap lol)
You could look at some smaller towns in the canton of Fribourg like Gruyère, Romont and to a lesser extent Bulle and also Fribourg. I also think Burgdorf in the canton of Bern would be interesting to you. They all have oldtowns that are stretched long and are placed on the ridge of a hill. Out of all of these I think Gruyère has the most similar layout and Romont the most similar agricultural situation.
Hope this is useful to you.
Fun thing is the western town is specifically modelled on and named Valangin, near Neuchatel. I love the suggestions and will look them all up!

Renly_Baratheon_

Envoy
Pronouns
he/him
Fun thing is the western town is specifically modelled on and named Valangin, near Neuchatel. I love the suggestions and will look them all up!
oh, I've never been to Valangin but looks pretty cool. Should probably do a tour de Neuchâtel some time, considering I don't know any towns except Neuchâtel itself haha.

Reactions: Finn01