Completed Project Application: House Brune of Dyre Den

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
2021-02-03_14.46.13.png
I'm not say no but not sure for 100%
This is view direct from road
In place of orange placeholder I can made moorland, rocky valley with only few shrubs at edge so view will be safe
and if you do bogg area at your side i think this will be enough separation acces from my lands to your

Last edited:
Reactions: StanateeManatee

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
When working at eastern border i have problem with forest transition red linegranica1.png
because new style of forest is different than old one and rest of terra belongs to Pyne project, so i dont know, leave it as grass area or wool marker to future project leader to finish it in cohesive style

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
because new style of forest is different than old one and rest of terra belongs to Pyne project, so i dont know, leave it as grass area or wool marker to future project leader to finish it in cohesive style
hey nmf, I think leaving it as some green wool would be fine. It is likely the old forest will be replaced by whoever does the Pyne project in the future.

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
ok, so it is time for some summarization. Project is very close to be done only few things left to do.
here is map of actual look of lands
I number areas in circles
1 is area in N-W part of lands and this will be wide dune landscape
2 is area in middle of lands and also be dune landscape
3 is beach at border with Maidenpool and I need to work with Veggie to make it coherent in both projects
4 is border area with house Cave and I talk with Maj and he tell that he will take care about this area and make it smooth transition between projects and coherent in style, so at this moment forest can look unfinished but it will be done as Cave project
5 is area of forest around stream to finish
golden stars mark places witch need some small works to be done and I will uncheck them one by one

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
Well, after almost 2 years from original application, project is finally done. I'm ready for post approval. I want thank everyone who participated in it, especially ChrisHiss for his input in castle and lot smaller structures, thank Joseidon for his quarry, Ever for his inn, jmcmarq for his help with cave system. If you spot any mistake or missing blocks let me info.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey NMF,

I've had the chance to fully review the project for post-approval. Overall incredible work with the project, I love the amount of detail that went into making it fun to explore all the various caves and forest paths.

Here's some of the broad or major feedback that I have:

- The dirt/grass mix in a bunch of areas feels a bit too "salt-and-pepper" due to the random block mix and the strong contrast between grass and dirt in the Jungle biome. This isn't super noticable from the ground, but is more conspicuous when looking down from above. Here's an example of what I mean. Sorry for bringing this up late, but it hopefully shouldn't be too hard to fix with WE by doing a poly selection on regions where this is an issue and redoing the dirt/grass mix (just be careful to avoid intentional dirt/gravel in paths). If you want to have some dirt spots, I really recommend using Perlin noise rather than the basic WE random mix - it will look a lot less messy. If you already have the Macro+Keybind mod, it should be easy to install and experiment with the Perlin noise script. I can help you with this if you need.

- Similar to the previous point, I recommend increasing the frequency of 31:2 in the tall grass mix throughout the project (as opposed to 31:1); it gives a "softer" and less noisy look. I usually suggest using 31:2 as the primary tall grass, and adding spots of 31:1 (again Perlin noise is useful for this) to help give the mix subtle variation.

- Double check the materials under half slabs in the roads and paths; I noticed a few with grass blocks underneath (along the path from the main village to the lumber camp), and a few others with wool blocks underneath (along the path towards the castle). These can be seen when you jump from forest path blocks to half slabs on the next level.

- In the holdfast near dyrham3 and the main castle, I'd suggest replacing some of the wattle fence along the walls with the new dark wattle variants, wherever the wattle fence is used with spruce. This should be easy to do with a few WE commands (just make sure to select only the parts you want to change though).

- Some of the mud spots in the road, particularly in the main village, feel a bit spotty. Perhaps border them with pine needle blocks to get a better transition? I tried a little section as an example here, just replacing some of the dirt/gravel with that block.

- There seems to be a cellar in one of the houses at dyrham1 that's either unfinished or was hit with a WE mistake; I've marked it with a melon.

- Is the cave system just east of the "inn at dunes" part of your project or House Cave? Some parts of it seem unfinished.

Here are also some specific minor points that I've meloned in-game, but just recording them here to keep track:

Let me know if you have any questions about the feedback; also happy to help in-game with sorting out particular items if you want. Overall I want to reiterate how fun this project was to explore (no pun intended)!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Went through everything today, looks much better! I left NMF with some WE commands to fix the grass mix in the marshes, which are also a bit noisy, but other than that I'm happy to post-approve the project. Again, very nice work! Don't forget to put together the wiki information for the project.