Completed Project Application: House Brune of Dyre Den

Enah

Skinchanger
The towers are still not crooked. I know they are a pain, but these just outright ignore the canon, it looks nothing at all like a falling over ruin as is described.

I sugest loosing the wooden soffit for the circular tower. It makes it look bulky and it's a thing people are tending not to do anymore. It makes the rooves look mushroomy especially if the diameter of the tower is on the smaller size.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey NMF,

Overall the plotting looks good to me! The only plot I'm not sure about is this one (the sept I think), since the irregular shape seems a bit awkward wedged in between the two plots next to it. But I'm also not sure what 3D shape you're intending.

The terraforming looks excellent so far. What's the intended end result for the winding path up to the castle (here)? Is it based on any specific thing IRL? How would it form?

Reactions: Ric

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
So,
1. I will wait with shape of sept to end to fit it to look of finished town.
2. The winding path need still lot of work, but it is shaped to fit cannon and I based at my experience when was in Szczeliniec Wielki and Błedne Skały in polish
Stołowe Mountains range of flat eroded mountains.
3. Origin of it is mix of wind, water and ice erosion in sedimentary rock which form cliff.
I'm open for any help with terraforming it.

https://mynaszlaku.pl/wp-content/gallery/szczeliniec-wielki-06-09-2018/SzczeliniecWielki08180045.jpgso

https://mynaszlaku.pl/wp-content/gallery/szczeliniec-wielki-06-09-2018/SzczeliniecWielki08180045.jpgso

Reactions: Emoticone11

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
So,
1. I will wait with shape of sept to end to fit it to look of finished town.
2. The winding path need still lot of work, but it is shaped to fit cannon and I based at my experience when was in Szczeliniec Wielki and Błedne Skały in polish
Stołowe Mountains range of flat eroded mountains.
3. Origin of it is mix of wind, water and ice erosion in sedimentary rock which form cliff.
I'm open for any help with terraforming it.

Sounds good. I recommend having some limestone pavement and smaller gorges in the cliff around the path, that formed the same way (wind/water/ice), to make it feel a bit more natural.

Also maybe don't have the shape of the crevice follow the road exactly, but instead look like a bunch of cris-crossing cracks in the cliff, some of which collapsed and allowed a path to be built up through them. If you're not sure what I mean, I can try to show it in-game sometime.

Reactions: Nomorefun_

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
Hey, I want announce that quarry village is open as mini it located south of castle /warp dyrquarry
It contains from 8 to 10 houses and one storage
there should be quarry workers house, hunter house, house of man who is takes out stone and he have donkey for it.
Red line is to mark area of village

Last edited:

Nomorefun_

Royal Messenger
Hey, just quick information about castle status. I move it to west, to better fir cannon and now is nice view at it from coast road,
also now it appear when you go by cliff road, and you instantly becoming under walls of it.
And special view from middle of bay

Joseidon1

Poet
Hi Nomorefun_,
I would like to apply for the dyrquarry mini. The grey houses are meant to be the worker houses, red is the hunter and green the donkey guy (including a small stable for the donkey on the side). The blue house is the storage house, a plot suggestion is on the test of the quarry. The purple spaces should indicate some yards. A quarry test is floating on my plot. I haven't included a style test because that one is already floating over the village made by you. As discussed, most houses will be made out of stone.
application_dd_quarry1.png
quarry_test.png

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Looks good to me, approved. Just make sure when you get around to plotting the yards that they aren’t too bubble-like.

Joseidon1

Poet
All areas that were supposed to be done by me at dyrquarry are now finished and I would submit for approval. Thanks to sapper and Ric for some WE help with the road and trees. The area where the donkey is supposed to grass isn't completely done yet, but due to it being on NoMoreFun_'s plot, I'd use this post as a little bump to finish it if it's needed for approval.

Reactions: DutchGuard

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Hey Nomorefun_ I would like to ask you a favour, as you might know, Boggs Castle is visible from one part of your lands, I would like to ask if it would be possible to keep the view: by having a meadow there instead of forest or some similar measures, I hope it doesnt cause too much chaos for you. If you are against it, I will not force you into anything.
Screenshot (25).png

Reactions: Mayflumes and Luk