Approved Project Application: House Conklyn by EarlNosyGarlic (JackPlaysX)

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
In the past year or so we've really tried to nail down the correct biomes for each region, and I think we're almost wholly decided that citrus belongs much further south than we used to put it. I'd stick with fruit that can grow more comfortably in a temperate biome like stone fruits and apples/pears.

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
In the past year or so we've really tried to nail down the correct biomes for each region, and I think we're almost wholly decided that citrus belongs much further south than we used to put it. I'd stick with fruit that can grow more comfortably in a temperate biome like stone fruits and apples/pears.
So be it.

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
(All images can be seen on my imgur via the links provided becouse troubles with insering images :/)

AAAAAAAAAAAlright lads, here's some plans for this here project of mine!

Firstly regarding the dated style:
The style of Conklyn and Brandybottom used to be inspired by the Durewell style or the Sworn Sword lands style - now I've taken inspiration from the Red Lake style to make it fit in more with the regions and get a fresh new look to it (and it looks nice too).

With that, I will need to update the completed hamlet and holdfasts with this new style which is fine by me. It could also serve to sprucen it up a bit too.

Secondly regarding Brandybottom and the septry
As per the new plan, the septry will be moved to the area of Brandybottom where it'll have direct access to its sept. Around it is also where the middle class houses will be (more on that in the previous posts).

Brandybottom is in need of a total redo to which I believe I have to ask the mods for approval and subsequent removal? Well uhh.. can I get that via the plans and tests presented? If all is in order of course!

Thirdly regarding the manor
This is just an idea, but I propose a redo of the Conklyn manor located at /warp conkmanor close by /warp conkham2 (also needs update). The current one stirkes me as rather large and I shall like to make it smaller. This being a propositions that I've just had, I don't have any tests for that yet. I would like to base it off of the Gradič or Lovski dvorec in my hometown of Trbovlje (it used to be a hunting lodge for the Counts of Celje which I think would fit nicely what with its forest location). Expect a test post tomorrow.

That's about it, I hope my plans are plausable and understandable as well...

Cheers

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
As I promised, here is a test for the proposed redo of the Conklyn manor: https://imgur.com/gallery/Q0acwJ6

Generally, I mean to downscale the amount of land behind the walls as well with a kennel and perhaps a shed at most. The point is that it isn't as large as it is now (nor as rich).

With that said, should I also redo the forests around Conklyn? And the pastures by the village as well?

Cheers

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
It has come to my attention that Enah isn't a mod anymore. Since he was my approving mod back when I first began building Conklyn, I would need a new one to fill in his post. Would there be a mod willing to do so? Anyone will do :3 (but there shall never be another like him ;-; )

Last edited:
Reactions: Elduwin

EarlNosyGarlic

Faith Militant
Hey JackLaysEggs could you give us an update? It's looking like it's just a bunch of fields that need doing.
Ahoj Dutch
Yeah, it's essentially just fields and shuck - I'm just lazy. There is also a winery that Alec and Contra were testing for, but there have been no updates in like... months. If anyone's interested (or if the latter two are still interested) do let me know. As a side, since Dragons has stepped down as a mod, I think I'll be needing another new approving mod.

Reactions: Ric

Alec_Sander

Street Preacher
Ahoj Dutch
Yeah, it's essentially just fields and shuck - I'm just lazy. There is also a winery that Alec and Contra were testing for, but there have been no updates in like... months. If anyone's interested (or if the latter two are still interested) do let me know. As a side, since Dragons has stepped down as a mod, I think I'll be needing another new approving mod
I know took a break from westeroscraft around the time we started getting somewhere with the winery, however I can still finish the test for you to check out as I've recently come back to the server.

Reactions: EarlNosyGarlic