Probation: JohanKR850

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
So Majic I thought I would just make an update on which houses we haven't gone through, since I’ve kind of lost track.

These are the ones we haven’t gone through yet:

Probie build #8
Probie build #12
Probie build #16
Probie build #17
Probie build #20

These are the ones we haven’t gone through yet, but have been approved by project lead. ps they are all Wull:

Probie build #10
Probie build #11
Probie build #14

Hope This can help us keep track :) - Johan

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hey johan, I am really sorry for late update on here,
As johan has said I've been checking his houses in game, heres some more feedback and for you(and mods) to check to see how your progress is going :).

-891/61/-13806
Probie build #1

For your first house Cash had left some notes and had done some changes for you. Cash also said that he changed around the layout with the bed being closer to the fireplace then the front door, when you build in the server make sure to think about the weather such as rain/snow -how this affects the buildings. This also affects the walls and roofs, so when I'm mentioning about the palette, I'm talking about what blocks are used in the wall. The rain would effect the bottom of the walls and be affected the most also it could get muddy by the wet dirt around it. consider this when you are doing the walls of the building. One final note make sure there isn't any wool blocks and just do a final check before putting the done block :)

Second house,
Farmer 4 ppl

changes
- make sure vines are connected to the ground and hedges.
- a lot of firewood (5 blocks) they wouldn't keep this much wood for just a house they would have 2 blocks worth of firewood for a house especially if its only got 1 fireplace- if it had more then yes it would need more firewood.
- I would separate the kitchen into its own area and bedrooms being there own room as this house is big enough to have more then 1 room. when you work on the interior its best to plan it out first before filling it with items.
- make sure the rafters go the shortest length along the builders (rafters being the 2nd floor floor) as you saw we changed them to stairs as they create the rafters which hold up the floor.
- when a max count for house is given, (it was 4 for this house) make sure it accommodates this sise as I think it could have been a 1 floored house but you made it 2 floors.

Third house,
mancescamp1

changes
- when you do tents make sure they are supported with spruce fences, as this acts as a pole to hold the tent up.
- some firewood added every house needs firewood for heat.

overall the shape you made is good, the thing is as I've told you that dances camp is closed, but the tent you have done fits in nicely with the others well done.

Fourth house,
Manderside house

changes
-added lumps/missing bits to roof show some age
- I like the use of the dormer in this house. adding features like this gives a house a unique look :)
- changed the rope ladder to a wood ladder - they would ned access to the 2nd floor a lot, so a sturdy ladder would be needed, its sometimes best to use stairs, if theres no space on the inside you can do a staircase on the outside.
-changed the rafters to shortest distance, also in larger houses you would have the 1st floor rooms being 3 blocks high as the rafters are quite low down, for this smaller house its fine.
- used wattle on the sides of the benches, changed it to oak half door.

Fifth house,
Ambrose farmer.
I know you found this house more tricky but you have improved a lot and its good practice doing these kinds of houses in the reach :)

changes
- again we needed to separate the rooms as the house was long enough to have it.(bedroom / kitchen,seeting area) makes it look less messy this way.
- carpets were quite random its best to have 1 carpet that is sorta blobby being around sexting area where they would normally sit.
- changes the large fireplace to a furnace block.
- you have done the palette a lot better on this house. just a few blocks on the corners to the reach cobble.
- great work with the yard you used up all the space.
- i saw you changed what duck requested adding couple more windows and changing spruce door to oak door.
overall this is a cute house.

Sixth house,
Wull Dairy owns 1 cow

changes
-added muddy snow to the roof and changed the chimney.
- you used light thatch, so we changed it to dark thatch. this is because in the north they use dark thatch most of the time. light thatch is generally used in houses of the other regions.
- for the cow pen you had a bale, I feel bales look better hung up on rope because they have those little wire straps so there used more in stables and on fields. the thatch looks closer to hay as it would be piled up on a side of the wall in the pen.to keep the heat in for the cow.
The interiors are nicely planned out, it's a great improvement from your earlier houses.

Seventh house,
WH warehouse
I will need you to go back and do some changes to this house, left some notes above in game.

changes
- there are no windows to allow light/air inside the warehouse, you could use stair blocks to make those smaller windows.
- stairs are quite large i would change this to a 1 thick staircase as they have the little crane for goods
- I would change up those barrels as i feel there are to many barrels maybe you could have an empty slot and an empty barrel as well.
- the 2nd floor I think you could do a much better layout with the goods as they are piles of sacks/crates at the moment and they look messy. I would keep it neat and tidy like downstairs.

Ninth house,
sthham3 farmer cottage
-used spruce doors, i think you know the problem as I've addressed above.
- also i feel a stair/slab block looks a lot nicer above the doorways. sometimes the door looks nice tobe flat to the wall but you can use a stair block on the inside of the house above the doorway so it the wall doesn't hang over to much.
and endy told me that he went over things he wanted changed its you in game, its a cute house.

great work so far ! I will get to the other houses as soon as i can. I've checked some and they look great so far, I would like to see you build at another location. Theres keath and bolling that you could find a plot in, but I will get to the others and give more feedback when I can.

also make sure to go back to that white harbour warehouse.
thanks,
maj

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
I toke care of that warehouse.
Ill do that Keath house, soon.
I coulden´t find any plots at Bolling, but ill take a closer look another day :)

IMajic

Royal Messenger
ahh cool, yeah its fine you can build when you have some free time. I was just giving you other optional places to build at other then wull, wull is very nice tho. (also good practise to build in other locations to get used to other styles) hope thats ok.
maj

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hey Johan, heres an update on your houses.
10/11/14 in full are approved by Cash - I don't see any problems, good work :)

Twelth house,
farmer Ambrose

I Really like this house, the interior planning has been executed really well and the windows are also good to see, I'm not sure if duck has already gone over this house but i can't see anything wrong with it, great work with this one.

Thirteenth house, special build in Mistwood,
Hunting Cabin by permission of Ser Loras.

CHANGES
exteriors - great work -nothing much to change/ make sure path always connects to every house.
-make sure to use the bench drawers/ive noticed you had done this in your earlier builds.
- changed the fireplace, was bit odd always keep it small.
- shelf needed supporting.

Fifteenth house,
Furrier in Wull Village

- the hide is a really cool idea, i didn't want to remove so its down to the project lead to keep it.
- shelf also needed supporting.
- added a chain hook to the food so it was lower down - easier to reach.
I think there wasn't anything else but cash may want to change this one because of the hide, you may want to go back to this.

sixteenth house
Wull house

great work nothing to change.

seventeenth house
Wull farmer

great work nothing to change.

eighteenth house
wull carpenter

changes
- seats need backs. so we added wattle
- switched around seats to leather because of the carpet.
also 1 note make sure there isn't to much fresh food out.

nineteenth house,
wull fowler.

nothing to say here, great work with this one.

Twentieth house
VERY POOR villager. Ambrose

changed the base palette to planks instead of the vertical planks. just my personal atheistic on this.
also we changed the windows on the inside to allow a little more light in, as they are smaller windows.

Also the mud in the yard was a bit spotty - when you use mud on the ground it's best to do it in a blob (big blob/small blob-depending on how wet the ground is) apart from this good work on this.

Twentifirst house,
Fisher - Keathhamlet2

changes
I saw this was approved, just changed the ceiling as was quite flattish, and changed it to stairs, added diagonal slabs across to make it supported.
when you build 1 floored cottages that have a higher ceiling, make sure its supported with slabs across the middle. you can sometimes use oak gates as they also work nicely.

good work with this house, you have done the wood palette very nicely.

Twentisecond house Farmer 5ppl
/warp bandavassal2

changes
-added fences/gates to the front to give the thatch support.
- changes the upstairs to the other side, windows fit better this way and the heat would rise and warm the beds above.

overall this is a very cute cottage and is such an improvement from your first house here in Bandaloon.

great work with all your houses so far, good to see you doing some nicer features on your houses now.
thanks
maj

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Twenty-sixth Bathouse I only did the ints as ext were done by cash as an example.
/warp wullvillage3 (soory its another wull ;))
Probie build #26

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Twenty-seventh Sept and lichyard. I build this in playground, as you know. We will put it on the map if projekt lead is sufficiently happy with it. (Ill update this post when that happens). You have gone through it, but if ya wanna se it again and cant find it just, contact me.
/warp manderside (the plot is there)
Probie build #27
-5031/45/18441

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
  1. Twenty-third house Farmer
    manderside

Really great house
    -split the house into half as it was a large plot so we used half of the home as a farm storage.
    - great job on the palette.
    - no yard but nice to see you using bushes and flowers/grass.

If the house is quite large you can always give it another functionality such as a grain store or what we did a farm storage for a plough/other things.

2. Twenty-fourth house Fisher 2ppl
    manderside
    - great work, nothing really to say apart from just 1 thing for the shed there is thatch above the doorway, thatch wouldn't be held up by a door so please change this. :) (I've left an example above the plot)

3. Twenty-fifth smokehouse
    manderside
    - changed the roof/shape of the building as was plotted awkwardly, (not your fault) but I'm not sure on its look still-may need togo back to. some nice ideas.

4. Twenty-sixth Bathouse
    /warp wullvillage3
    really cute, great ints they fit the building really well.

great work Johan, on the 18th (6 days time) you can ask a moderator to promote you as I feel that you have improved a lot lately and have built some really nice houses. you have also done some interesting ideas during your probation which is great to see, just make sure you do keep planning your interiors and you can find you will fit a lot more in small spaces. I am confident you will be a great addition to the server.

thanks.
    maj

Last edited:

Arkilstorm

Dowager Countess of Grantham
Staff member
Hi guys,

I wanted to point out that none of the houses plot in the image below were open for building. The nearby warp: hgtown contains all the information about open sections for building, which includes Manderside and other HG settlements on the northern side of the river. Also to note, that it isn't appreciated to change the shape of plots; the smokehouse was plot in a particular way, and shouldn't have been changed. Some of the houses are decent enough and with a few minor tweaks will fit the landscape, but others, like the smokehouse will have to be re-plot. If you'd like to keep any of these, please ask an editor or a mod to move them to Playground for temporary safe keeping.

uTG28Ad.jpg

Please follow the local warp guidelines so we don't have a repeat of this again.

Thanks

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Im so sorry i thought i read it but i probably haven't, i had just build that first house there at the start of my probation, and went back to it later. There is no need to save them at playground, you can just go ahead and take it down.
I cant acces the image you sent but if it is the houses that are to be taken down, then just go ahead.
If there any thing i need to do there, ill be online tonight (EU)

Sorry again, ill try not to fu** up again :)

Edit: Allrigt i can see the photo now. And if some of the houses are good enough then we might aswell save them, and put them back and tweak them up when the plots actually opens. Ill talk to majic about saving them :)

Last edited: