Probation: Gijzenezer

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
As well, I'm sorry but I can't take any of your Highgarden Homes. They're built in unopen areas and therefore will likely be taken down as they were being saved for an upcoming server build. I would go through them to critique them but they likely won't be around for much longer for you to go through. Sorry for the loss of effort and time. :/

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I think the HG houses can stay if they're all good quality (unless Enah/Ark said otherwise, but I'd still urge them to rethink). No point removing good work as long as you're careful in the future to check if a place is open. And I think Enah/Ark were planning to open the plots for normal building as soon as they've fixed the issues with the server build houses.

Last edited:

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Redlake has been reviewed and critiqued in Situ. Unfortunately, as well I do not like to take homes that have been approved by other builders as that can often indicate they went through and changed things to their liking rather than meloning it and giving feedback. This is more my fault than anyone as I should have gotten to you faster to critique it. Just those hsvillage ones aren't showing the mistakes I've seen you tend to make, therefore making me unconfident to count them towards your five. If they fixed the issues then they aren't helping you improve.

But notes of Redlake:

Symmetry is dangerous, especially in Minecraft. It can come across more modern and the house at redlake came across like the ones with a white picket fence. Often Asymmetry looks better for single/two story homes anyways.

Consider applying more medieval logic, and follow the trends others have created in the houses around you.

Slightly Taller chimneys look better than ones that barely come out of the rooftop.

Why would a poor person need two fireplaces? Especially one large one that 2x2? How would they afford such?

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
I think the HG houses can stay if they're all good quality (unless Enah/Ark said otherwise, but I'd still urge them to rethink). No point removing good work as long as you're careful in the future to check if a place is open. And I think Enah/Ark were planning to open the plots for normal building as soon as they've fixed the issues with the server build houses.
Ark mentioned this and is why I made the most. :/ In addition, he said he wasn't happy with the quality of the homes either.

Last edited:

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Ark mentioned this and is why I made the most. :/ In addition he said he wasn't happy with the quality of the homes either.

I've been talking with Ark & Enah about it. They said the good houses should be able to stay, but some will need to be removed because the plotting wasn't entirely finalized. Hopefully @Gijzenezer can get in touch with @Arkilstorm or @Enah directly about it.

Gijzenezer

Mummer
Twenty-fourth and twenty-fifth are also illegal because it's closed and I tought it fell under conk that surrounds it. Sorry about that.
I get that you are judging me now and I hope that I can still repair your judgement about me.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I get that you are judging me now and I hope that I can still repair your judgement about me.

No judgements at all! It's our fault for not noticing and letting you know earlier, the point of probation period is to learn the ropes.

Just a practical matter of what to do with the houses, hope there are no hard feelings either way.

Reactions: an_escaped_duck

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Twenty-fourth and twenty-fifth are also illegal because it's closed and I tought it fell under conk that surrounds it. Sorry about that.
No, no, I've had multiple new builds make this mistake. It was unclear that this space was off limits! Sorry!!

otty

Sorcerer
Pronouns
she/her
Conk Ham3 Review is up with melons :)

Summary:
Please be conscious of space again, lots of poor use of yard again. Don't forget as I said, yards are a person's food source, as they often avoid buying their own. Please ensure that you're utilizing yard space to feed those homes! Of course, space can be used for laundry, professional work, or other necessities but wide patches of dirt wouldn't be likely as that's prefect food growing space!

Great job on the daub, many people struggle with that at the beginning!