Royal Messenger
Cake is also a more early modern novelty. Pies were the Medieval rage

tumblr_otnrovzXIQ1qlwuy5o2_500.gif

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
but little cakes are mentioned somewhat often. a small cake/tart block would be good to add some variety to what a baker can have on their benches, rather than giant blocks of grainsacks, pies, bread etc.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
but little cakes are mentioned somewhat often. a small cake/tart block would be good to add some variety to what a baker can have on their benches, rather than giant blocks of grainsacks, pies, bread etc.

Maybe the "Pastry Block" should alternate between fruit tarts and lemon cakes the way plates do? Like sometimes you get lemon cakes:

lemon-cakes-nerdy-nummies-2-e1476728574529.jpg

and sometimes you get Honeycakes with Blackberries

DSC05666.jpg

And sometimes you get Fruit Tarts:
medieval-fruit-tarts.jpg

Source: http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/home/game-thrones-recipes/recipes-by-meal/desserts/

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Let's not get too crazy about food... while it'd be awesome to have more and more blocks like what you are proposing, as long as we don't have more people to help doing it, it won't happen
Enah's right, if you know how to create those new blocks, then it's great, otherwise, don't get too crazy ;)

Reactions: _Simbaa

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
And again, let's not repeat the mistakes we made with random textures that show different things on the same block!

We‘re opening Pandora‘s box if we go down that path:
1. person A decides they want a bakery that only sells lemon pies.
2. they place the pie block and delete all the fruit pies that come up randomly.
3. person B is building a fruit pie feast.
4. they delete all the lemon cake models as they appear randomly.
5. now we have yet another block that has two meanings in the world.
6. if we wanted to add more variety to either lemon cakes or fruit cakes we would reset the selection A and B made and break their respective creations.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
how large are the bases of the bottles in blockbench, which I presume your using? 3x3 right for most of the small bottles
I'm trying block bench at the moment and from what I see the space for cubes is a default minecraft block. Is it possible to change this into the more detailed 32x32 that westeroscraft uses?

and Thamus you are right that we don't want to have a repeat of what goes on to get the perfect painting

Last edited:

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
@AerioOndos Under "Settings/Snapping/Grid Resolution/" You can change the grid to 32x32, and the bottles are 4x4 or 3x3 with that grid I think. The tumblers are definitely 2x2. Good idea about asking, I am unfortunately not entirely sure and the files are on my desktop PC at home. I won't be back there until a week from now, so I can't share the models with you. How about opening a central repo for block models on google drive to make sure that we all hit the right scale?

Aslanio

Bard
Sword Racks or whatever they're called could be changed to spears if two tall etc. Helmets can be randomised a tad so that those in one region e.g dorne are made to look dornish. Plates would look cool in 3d, as would the axe, pickaxe, spade and Cleaver blocks. Maybe some work to change things like the hanging meats [Rabbits don't have 2 heads]. An idea we had which is probably for another thread but what the hay- A mirror block which actually reflects stuff. 3D weirdwood faces would be cool. As would the broken sword/bone/coin blocks. Winterfell Stone ladder?

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Here is a folder I just set up on Google Drive @Thamus_Knoward Would this suffice? I have limited experience (with both the blockbench and organising google drive) but am eager to learn as it would be great to see many of the ideas of this thread make it into the Westeroscraft server itself.