Immersion Builds

carci

Herald
Hello Westeros,

I’m here to announce an exciting new way to help build the world of Westeros.

As you should all be familiar with, our current system of projects is centered around the Great Houses, towns and cities of Westeros, and their respective vassal houses, communities and features. I.e. Builders lead or co-lead one project at a time, focused on a single house and their lands.

While we have no intention of changing this approach, we do want to explore other options beyond just: “One house. One project.”

As it currently stands, this method of organising our projects has led to us running the risk of our map of Westeros becoming a series of walled gardens. Rich and detailed builds/projects, but with wide and dull empty spaces between them.

To anyone exploring the map, this will make these parts feel unfinished and dull (mostly because they are unfinished and dull).

So, this year, we want to explore the idea of introducing a new category of small projects: Immersion Builds.

These would be small builds, not necessarily tied to any particular piece of canon or lordly house, but instead are intended to add points of interest and life to the empty parts of Westeros.

These could be inns, taverns, camps, farms, First Men ruins, mostly along the main roads and travel routes, but there's no reason why they couldn't be slightly off grid in the backlands too.

Not everything has to imply human presence, small terraforming/nature projects could be added to this category, think rock formations, enchanted groves, spooky forests, caves.

Importantly, these immersion builds can be applied for at any time, even if you are currently working on another full project.

Mini-Apps
Immersion builds can be considered as “Mini-Apps” for the purposes expanding your Builder resume, but applicants must make this clear when they apply and label their Immersion Build application as a “Mini-App” so the approving mods can confirm if it is substantial enough to qualify.

For example:
A small isolated farmstead out in the Wolfswood – Mini-App, no problem.

A wagon travelling along the Kingsroad – Not substantial enough to be a Mini-App.

Contest
To kick things off with a bang, “Immersion” will be the theme 2019’s Mid-Year Contest. Follow this link for all the details.

How to Apply

Final rules and guidelines for Immersion Builds will be released after the end of the Mid-Year Contest. Applications for Immersion Builds will also open then.

Garlan_Tyrell

Bard
Did we get more info on this somewhere else? Or is it still ip?

Reactions: SeapunkPeaches

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
I my question was a bump towards this

How to Apply

Final rules and guidelines for Immersion Builds will be released after the end of the Mid-Year Contest. Applications for Immersion Builds will also open then.

And as far as i can see Aerio it will like a mini be something you can apply for and so on. But since it wont be apart of a project, i dont think will be a "legitimate mini". And probably have nothing with minis to do.