Approved House Santagar of the Spottswood - 7 and Steele

Guillaaard

Herald
Putting my two cents in here! An alternate explanation for the fingers having valleys and all that fun stuff could just be down to the geology. The valley could stay if we accept that there is folding of rock layers in the fingers. View attachment 18223
The fingers themselves could be anticlines, and the valleys between synclines. The softer layers of rock on the surface would get washed down into the synclines leaving behind the linear shape of the fingers.

That being said, it’s the sort of thing that wouldn’t be immediately obvious to the passerby and unless you knew about this stuff you would be confused by it. This may all just be moot. Who knows, but do with this information what you will!

App is looking lovely
The Overturned fold goes really well with Azule Serra Gelada inspiration ! this would make a very interesting and beautiful looking terra consistency for the fingertips points of dorne, and for this project.

7JG7

Playwright
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the comments and feedback regarding the terra/geography. There's been quite a lot to digest but Steele and I have been holding discussions and adapting our plans as we feel appropriate and in a way we hope addresses the feedback. We still have a few things we need to sort out and refine before providing a major update but we hope to be able to do this will be within the next week or so :)

7JG7

Playwright
Hi everyone! Sorry for the wait but the Spottswood update is now ready. Please look at the document to see our response to all the feedback :) If anyone has any questions or concerns please do let us know!

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Great update you guys! Everything that was said here was wonderfully incorporated into the initial plans, Don't remeber if I ever mentioned it but the copper mine is a very fitting addition, as copper metalwork is mentioned frequently at Dorne (or at least copper-coloured). Great inspo choices for the town too, amazing that y'all found what is basically the same layout as what is planned (square walled town with a beach port outside. For more rural and urban inspiration you can check at discord the photo dump I did yesterday at the inspo channel, there you will find a lot more references. As promised I will help you with the new town tests as soon as I can, do not worry about that. I love Tobi's sandbeggars! I have to say I think those are the way to go, the splitted trunk is definetly the look for it. I would like to see a schem on that path as well as smaller versions, just like the first attempt. I may swap the leaves for birch though, as argan trees (and dryland trees in general) have small leaves. But that can be tested once we have the schem and can play within a forest test to see what looks best.

Given all this I see no reason for not approving this app already! Can't wait to see Spottswood take shape!​

7JG7

Playwright
Great update you guys! Everything that was said here was wonderfully incorporated into the initial plans, Don't remeber if I ever mentioned it but the copper mine is a very fitting addition, as copper metalwork is mentioned frequently at Dorne (or at least copper-coloured). Great inspo choices for the town too, amazing that y'all found what is basically the same layout as what is planned (square walled town with a beach port outside. For more rural and urban inspiration you can check at discord the photo dump I did yesterday at the inspo channel, there you will find a lot more references. As promised I will help you with the new town tests as soon as I can, do not worry about that. I love Tobi's sandbeggars! I have to say I think those are the way to go, the splitted trunk is definetly the look for it. I would like to see a schem on that path as well as smaller versions, just like the first attempt. I may swap the leaves for birch though, as argan trees (and dryland trees in general) have small leaves. But that can be tested once we have the schem and can play within a forest test to see what looks best.

Given all this I see no reason for not approving this app already! Can't wait to see Spottswood take shape!​
Thank you so much! I've just seen your uploaded reference photos on discord and they look great! We're really looking forward to working with you more in-game to further develop the town more :) Tobi's sandbeggars are wonderful and we'll be sure to mode the rest of the test along a similar blueprint with the adoption of beach leaves moving forward. Thanks again for your approval!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Approved from me as well, I love the depth of research!

I'd recommend having some more macroscopic erosion features in the cliffs when you get to making them on a larger scale, and also de-randomizing the grass blocks a bit in the "normal cliffs" test (you want larger areas in the cliffs where vegetation would grow due to flatter slope and sedimentation from erosion). But I can give some more pointers when you get to that stage.

7JG7

Playwright
Approved from me as well, I love the depth of research!

I'd recommend having some more macroscopic erosion features in the cliffs when you get to making them on a larger scale, and also de-randomizing the grass blocks a bit in the "normal cliffs" test (you want larger areas in the cliffs where vegetation would grow due to flatter slope and sedimentation from erosion). But I can give some more pointers when you get to that stage.
Thank you! We look forward to working with you to get the landscape just right!

7JG7

Playwright
Calling all builders! Spottstown is now open for building! Please see the key outside the southern gate for references on gradients and roofs. Please also look at the houses and builds currently in the town for the overall style. As a general rule, each property has two structures - one should be the profession space/shop with access from both the street and courtyard, the other is the family home which can only be accessed through the courtyard - the main entrance to the property. Cooking should be reserved for the courtyard with either an outside oven/furnace or fire pit. Some properties may have cause for an indoor furnace - just speak to KD or myself to see if that is the case. For industries that require a big furnace/chimney such as blacksmiths or chandelier please ask KD or myself before building so we can help establish where they should go. Class blocks are more of an indication to the interiors and level of possessions of a build rather than its exterior. There are some builds marked as special and require you to test and post your application here on the forums. If anyone has any questions about their build we are more than happy to help! I would also like to invite probational builders to build at the town. Happy building!

7JG7

Playwright
Hi everyone - the first mini of the project is open for testing! Holt Holdfast can be found southwest of the Castle. The holdfast should match the style of the castle/greater regional area and must appear to be built on the ruins of a firstmen keeps/fortress. Please copy the plotting (blue concrete) to your plot to test it out :) 2024-01-26_17.43.25.png

Aferys

Messenger
Pronouns
he/him
Hi everyone - the first mini of the project is open for testing! Holt Holdfast can be found southwest of the Castle. The holdfast should match the style of the castle/greater regional area and must appear to be built on the ruins of a firstmen keeps/fortress. Please copy the plotting (blue concrete) to your plot to test it out :) View attachment 18655
Hi, 7! Could I do a test? Ty <3

Reactions: Finn01

7JG7

Playwright
Hello everyone!

We've had some exciting developments at Spottswood lately. Through a major block update to addressing feedback everyone working of Spottswood has done an incredible job so far and me and KD would love to give a massive thanks and special shoutout to Tobi, Azule, Aferys, Homie and Pottman <3

I have finally gotten around to building a style guide and am happy to announce we're opening up the rural settlements for building! To start building at Spottswood, please use /warp Spottswood and read the signs very carefully! Please only build at tagged plots, which are within this lime green line:

Screen Shot 2024-04-16 at 19.18.48.png

Please also have a look at /warp Spottswoodtown to get an idea and feel of the style and vibe of the project thus far. If anyone has any questions please ask me or KD. Thanks!

7JG7

Playwright
Hello,

I have opened more plots at /warp Spottsham1 and /warp Spottsfishing1 - please only start building when you have read all the signs and looked over the style guide at /warp Spottswood - remember to only build the house and not worry about the immediate outside areas or communal areas - these will be done later. Please make sure to read the tags above your build and make sure your plot door opens into communal areas/courtyard due to defensive reasons. Happy building!