Abandoned House Cave

Knights_of_Ikke

Bard
Hey, Hey, Hey

After going over some things in the world, I have a new great hall.

633-6b1316f72e6296717a72920b13437684.jpg
634-ce3e4bf68f136fa4dbec758a2d9734ae.jpg

Also, the only things being grown in farms are vegetables such as cabbages, carrots and garlic. But most will still be pastures.

Also Also, I have a plan for completing House Cave if/when I get approved.

1) Plan everything: where hamlets are, what needs to be terraformed, etc..
2) Terraform
4) Castle Terraform: Put the castle on top of the hill and terraform the hill
5) Plan roads: I am doing it after terraforming because the roads change depending on where they are and it will be easier to do after
6) Finish roads: WE them
7-12) Plan: This is where I will open up the hamlets, ruins, fields, castle interiors and caves (except for Hamlet 3 which I will terraform and do roads on first to allow it to be done easily) to be done if people want to build them.
13) Finishing touches: Stuff I didn't remember to do earlier.
14) Post Approval?

Is that a good plan?
Are those good crops?
Is that a good great hall?

Let me know :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 3.38.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 3.38.42 PM.png
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 3.38.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 3.38.53 PM.png
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 10

Enah

Skinchanger
ok, after much talkign and aiding and guiding, i am satisified with how the castle's been transformed. i like the log houses, i think loras will be good to help some if you ask him, he made some beautiful cabins inn mistwood. and i'll help later with the daub houses, i still am not a big fan of the wattle parts, but that is minor. i would love some other mods or builders to give their input as well.

Reactions: Knights_of_Ikke

_Simbaa

Printmaker
I like your tests however I am concerned about the lands and your intentions with them. Right now the lands are very hilly and uneven which will provide plenty of trouble for you.
1. I checked the topographic maps and noticed that your planned streams would have get through very large hills and steep slopes in order to reach their destination, I would recommend leading them towards the bay of crabs as it would essentially lead them downhill and secure an area where they can drain to.
2 Furthermore bogs usually formed on flat areas of land rather than in very hilly terrains and rocky terrain such as the lands around Cave, While raised bogs (think about bogs in mountainy areas (Black Forest in Germany, Šumava/Bohmerwald) do exist they are predominantly found around decently sized streams and are themselves pretty vast. So unless you plan on doing a large scale terraforming such as Stein did with boggs I would recommend you to drop the idea.

Knights_of_Ikke

Bard
Hey Simbaa,

So I was reading what you said and you are right. 100%. The stream goes uphill at some points and bogs would not be found in such a mountainous area.

So here is what I think should be done.

1) No streams at all. Because of all the valleys and hills, streams would not form, instead, there would be shallow ponds at the base of some valleys where the rainwater would collect. Water would be collected from wells tapping into some of the underground caves which have water.

2) Instead of bogs, there would be some marshy bits and small ponds.

3) There still will be bog iron, just the bog iron will be found at the base of these small ponds.

4) There will be 2 regular iron mine in the region, 1 in Hamlet 2 and one in Hamlet 3

Reactions: _Simbaa and Ready

Knights_of_Ikke

Bard
Hey, so I have a dumb idea I thought of last night but I fully expect to be told no since it is a stupid idea.

How about having a throne room in a cave below the castle? There would be an entrance to it on the bottom of the mountain and the throne would just be a large stone chiselled to be a chair.

Pros

Would be really cool
Would make a better audience chamber than the great hall
Would be why it is called house cave

Cons

Maybe too small of a house to have an audience chamber
During war times the guards would have to defend two gates instead of one

_Simbaa

Printmaker
I would strongly NOT recommend that, few other cons are - (would be pretty damp, a lord would want to show off with his hall and showing fellow lords a cave might not give the best impression, smoke could become an issue, warming the place up would prove hard and many more...)

Knights_of_Ikke

Bard
Hey, that's awesome Johan, :). I also wanted to thank everybody who helped me out today at house Cave. I have an updated great hall, upper floor, cave house and spet thanks to them. There was a lot of people so I'll try to get everybody but if I forgot your name, thank you and I'm sorry. So thanks, Wherermydragons, Simbaa, Spike, Johan, Wolf, Kuul and anyone else who helped.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hi Ikke, after going through some more stuff in-game with you, I think your plans seem pretty good. One more thing though, I was wondering what your specific plans are for farming and/or herding?

Knights_of_Ikke

Bard
Hey Emot, so as for farming and herding they are mostly pastures and any crops are vegetables. But there aren't many fields in the first place so there aren't many farmers.

Knights_of_Ikke

Bard
Hey Johan,

I've looked over your tests and went over my problems even before you posted this. I really like everything there are just one slight thing. Could you add an actual iron mine to the region as well as the peat bog iron mine. The peat bog could serve as kind of mini mind for the miners to make their tools while the iron that comes out of the mine would be sold off.

But otherwise, you have my approval and I'll get to terraforming the land right away.
-Ikke

Reactions: JohanKR850

Knights_of_Ikke

Bard
Hey Johan, me and Emot were talking about your hamlet the other day and wanted to give you a little feedback. Everything looks good except for the walls. They seem a bit blobby. Try and make them in a more hexagonal shape. Also, try and use just jungle wood wall for the walls instead of the jungle wood. There is an example at /warp rmlogging. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: