Bovine Probation Thread

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Build 6:
use tables only in upperclass houses, if you look closely youll see that they are quite a detailed and well refined block that would require a good carpentry skills to produce
the bench drawers & kitchen tools are a mess, i would discourage against stacking benches ontop of each other like that, try to explore neighboring houses for an inspiration!
the wattle fence next to the chair doenst make sense to me, what were you trying to achieve?
putting a barrel up the 3meter high shelf would be quite a feat! its very heavy and using only ladder to get it there would require alot of effort, if 1 block = 1m3 than a barrel full of liquid would weight atleast 1000kg!
Build 7:
way better the job than the previous house!
its okay as it is!
Good job!
finally build 10 /warp middlebury 1223.984 / 66.86814 / 16810.885 this one was really small did the best i could with the interior

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Build 8
- make sure barrels are the right way up
- you need to make sure your tables are able to stand upright! 1 or 2 thin legs wont do it!
- try to make your animal pens feel bit more alive, add thatch, carpet, flies... etc...

Build 9
- dont forget yards!
- otherwise well done

Build 10
-all good!

Reactions: Bovine

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Build 11 /warp starham1 -3459.300 / 59.46496 / 18868.935

another small one
looking forward to moving on to the next step

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Starhamlet house:
-address the feedback given by Sseri.

Brandybottom house:
-address the feedback given, and try to fill the area under the loft

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Ashwood house:
- please next time try not to change placeholders unless told to do so, especially if they are different block type - in our case it was the red sandstone walls, in most cases they are there to be replaced with the same block type and doing anything to them is counterproductive
when building a house at a project, please all was make sure to do the following:
- use the same blocks that are used in the style guide houses or those that you are told to use as your main guideline, this includes doors, beds, carpets, furniture
- unless its a special house, try not to go for anything new/not used anywhere else
- always make sure that the veggie patches use the same plants & ground cover, in our case your cabbages are missing a block type and there is mud instead of dirt
- try to limit yourself to building only what the project leader tells you to, if youre not sure if you should build it or not, its better to wait and ask or leave it, anything else can be counterproductive for both the builder and the project leader, this has happened with the veggie patches behind the house.

Now for the house:
- have already changed a few things such as the doors, finished to roof etc...
- please fix the rafters in the storage part, right now I think you may have forgotten to do them
- try to reorganize the storage area as right now its space inefficient and lacks some things I mentioned to include there, such as hay & meat
- try to avoid filling interiors with bunch of out-of-place storage blocks, it will end up making the house look messy overall
- for the oak wood part of the house, please mix in some jungle wood into it & get rid of the vertical plank supports
- please change the curtain to dark thatch
- add more light thatch carpet over the house, straw was used to insulate the floors!
- please avoid using cushioned seats (leather, straw etc...) on dirt floors, they wouldnt last long!
- add doors and another entrance to the storage area
- have the rope in a straight line, floating horizontal ropes with curves in them usually look out of place

Overall, while I appreciate your enthusiasm I think you might be rushing some of your houses, as recently you have been repeating alot of the mistakes I have already highlighted in your previous build! Try to perhaps slow down and double check with this thread that none of the feedback given here can be applied to your new house!
Good Luck on your future builds! You're getting there!

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
- please next time try not to change placeholders unless told to do so, especially if they are different block type - in our case it was the red sandstone walls, in most cases they are there to be replaced with the same block type and doing anything to them is counterproductive
so sorry about that i had assumed that the replacement bock was the wattle fence whoops
- always make sure that the veggie patches use the same plants & ground cover, in our case your cabbages are missing a block type and there is mud instead of dirt
i based the cabbage patch from the patch at ./crops with mud but im guessing that is outdated.
- try to limit yourself to building only what the project leader tells you to, if youre not sure if you should build it or not, its better to wait and ask or leave it, anything else can be counterproductive for both the builder and the project leader, this has happened with the veggie patches behind the house.
this is my mistake assuming the backyard was my responsibility.
- try to reorganize the storage area as right now its space inefficient and lacks some things I mentioned to include there, such as hay & meat
the sign on the storage structure said just food, so im guessing you told me the hay/ meat thing in chat and i missed it.

after some redecorating i think i have addressed everything you noted, though you may want to check the storage room again. as always thanks for your criticism i truly appreciate it! :)

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Hi Bovine, I am bit busy right now, I believe you are more than capable to handle building on your own, so please forgive me if my feedback will be bit late, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, remember to always check in with your probation thread with every new house to make sure none of the previous feedback can be applied to it in the meantime!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bovine

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Happy to announce that Emote has seen fit to make me a full builder! i would like to thank you simbaa for all of your help and sage wisdom getting me this far as well as Alex for looking at my last houses.

i wish you good luck on your exam Simbaa :D

Reactions: DutchGuard and Ric