Bovine Probation Thread

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Ill be your probation leader, in the next month you have to complete atleast 5 houses.
Ill be using this thread to post feedback on them, however hopefully I will be able to walk you through your builds in-game!

_Simbaa

Printmaker
We went through the house in-game here are the highlights:
1st house:
make sure not to overcrowd the interiors, grass wouldnt grow in the middle of a frequented path, make sure your house has a proper foundation, tables with 2 legs arent the best for staying upright!
otherwise well done!

2nd house:
try to make the interiors look organized, have a dont have stuff hanging everywhere, try to put it all in one place, few minor interior changes

3rd house:
we simplified the interiors, make sure that you do not have a full veggie basket next to an unharvested veggie patch, few exterior changes, etc...

Good Job on the houses!

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
We went through the house in-game here are the highlights:
1st house:
make sure not to overcrowd the interiors, grass wouldnt grow in the middle of a frequented path, make sure your house has a proper foundation, tables with 2 legs arent the best for staying upright!
otherwise well done!

2nd house:
try to make the interiors look organized, have a dont have stuff hanging everywhere, try to put it all in one place, few minor interior changes

3rd house:
we simplified the interiors, make sure that you do not have a full veggie basket next to an unharvested veggie patch, few exterior changes, etc...

Good Job on the houses!

hello, after a long hiatus i am ready to return to westeros! so do i have to get a new probation leader? or start a new thread? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Welcome back Bovine! _Simbaa is still an active probie leader so I think he can finish your probation from where you left off, if he’s up for it. You can use the same thread.

Reactions: Bovine

_Simbaa

Printmaker
However due to your long hiatus, I think i will require few more houses from you to see if youre up to the standards, for some reason it seems I didnt review your last to houses, we can resolve this issue on we both meet on the server.

Reactions: Bovine

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Build 6:
use tables only in upperclass houses, if you look closely youll see that they are quite a detailed and well refined block that would require a good carpentry skills to produce
the bench drawers & kitchen tools are a mess, i would discourage against stacking benches ontop of each other like that, try to explore neighboring houses for an inspiration!
the wattle fence next to the chair doenst make sense to me, what were you trying to achieve?
putting a barrel up the 3meter high shelf would be quite a feat! its very heavy and using only ladder to get it there would require alot of effort, if 1 block = 1m3 than a barrel full of liquid would weight atleast 1000kg!
Build 7:
way better the job than the previous house!
its okay as it is!
Good job!

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
Build 6:
use tables only in upperclass houses, if you look closely youll see that they are quite a detailed and well refined block that would require a good carpentry skills to produce
the bench drawers & kitchen tools are a mess, i would discourage against stacking benches ontop of each other like that, try to explore neighboring houses for an inspiration!
the wattle fence next to the chair doenst make sense to me, what were you trying to achieve?
putting a barrel up the 3meter high shelf would be quite a feat! its very heavy and using only ladder to get it there would require alot of effort, if 1 block = 1m3 than a barrel full of liquid would weight atleast 1000kg!
Build 7:
way better the job than the previous house!
its okay as it is!
Good job!
tables replaced, bench redesigned and the fence next to the chair was supposed to resemble a chair that was bushed in under the table, however i have moved the barrel to that location. thanks as always for the criticism! :)

Reactions: DutchGuard

Bovine

Playwright
Pronouns
he/him
build 8
/warp Brandybottom -7221.657 / 53.97505 / 15334.399

with this one i got a little lost in the yard, the sign said pig pen but i was not sure how large to make it or how much of the field should belong to the house, also need help figuring out how to plant carrots. so as of yet the yard is incomplete. may wait till project leader is online to ask how they want it.