Staff member
23e292e97f.png
Like so?
Or with some more decoration?
That looks amazing!

Reactions: SseriousBusiness

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
i think the decorated one is a step in the right direction, but it kinda reminds me of a QR code scanner lol. I suggest trying to make the dark lines on the outside go all around the block. but looking amazingView attachment 7289
I don't think I agree that stretching the lines out is a good idea because that would cut into the heptagon. Since it seems that the majority are happy, and given the fact that this is a massive improvement over the existing designs, I'll propagate this to the other blocks and we'll try it out for a while. If it starts bothering people down the line we can always go back and change it since this block is one of the few that has a single unique use.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Looking great Tham! Seeing it in the images though, I'm wondering it it might be better to go in the less decorated direction, or perhaps a third direction which would be to make the circumscribed heptagon a simple bevel. The corners and solid edges currently make it look like a metallic plate attached over the stone, rather than a carved section of the stone.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Alright folks just cast your vote will ya:

"Nice"-Smiley: Heptagon no decoration
f0140f71de.png

"Seriously?"-Smiley: Heptagon with decoration either the full carving or just the squiggles (that's something we can still determine after):
261e2b5d4e.png
d4b3daf17b.png

"Like"-Smiley: Circle without decoration
96b310762d.png

"Love"-Smiley: Circle with decoration either just the squiggles or the full carving (which of the two we determine after agreeing on the base shape and whether we want decoration at all):
452dde41a1.png
9fb6fa7f04.png

Those are all the options you're getting for now. I'd like to revisit this only after you've tried it out in-game for a while.