Augurex Builder Application

Augurex

Poet
What is your age?
25+

In what country are you living?
USA

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Don't Remember

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
Honestly, what I like most about ASOIAF by this point is WesterosCraft. I've read and reread the books way too much, and as for the show, well... it was an entertaining journey.

What is your favorite build on our server?
You're going to make me pick?

Here are some:

White Harbor
Stoney Sept
Highgarden
Holy Hall
Uffering
King's Landing
Wull

(in no particular order)

Why do you want to join our server?
I already joined once, I can do it again!

Seriously, though, I'm back from a hiatus and I just want to build.

2021-03-25_15.56.54.png2021-03-25_15.57.31.png2021-03-25_15.57.35.png2021-03-25_15.57.43.png2021-03-25_15.57.54.png2021-03-25_15.58.01.png2021-03-25_15.58.05.png2021-03-25_15.58.09.png2021-03-25_15.59.26.png2021-03-25_16.11.54.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Aug,

Welcome back, good to see you again :) Nicely done with the app house; don't see any issues there, not that I would expect any.

Since it's been a little while since you've last been on, I'd just like to see a challenge build in one of the most recent styles, /warp duskendale. If everything seems good I'll bump you back up to builder. Let me know if you have any questions.

Augurex

Poet
Alright, here's my Duskendale house... I had a lot of fun building this one! :D Also, since you didn't specify class or income-level, I went with a wealthy retired mercenary (and his family) who makes a lot of passive income; for example, from the bottom floor which he leases to a wheelwright or from the dirty little secret in his attic...

Imgur Album

Reactions: Flip90

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Aug,

Great work, looks like you nailed the Duskendale style! The timber frame patterns and interiors are both nicely done. I only have a couple pretty minor points of feedback:

- I'm not super fond of the pebble layers in the ground floor; it makes it feel a bit too organic, like it was flooded with rubble or something. Best to keep it simple with dirt slabs; this will also give you a bit more freedom to add furnishing in the entry area (currently it feels a bit empty).

- I wouldn't have the frame of wall blocks here. If you do have something like that using stone, it needs to be arched to be structurally sound. It might look good to replace it with wood planks, though.

- Make sure to do the timber patterns even on sides that aren't exposed in the exteriors, such as here.

Otherwise I'd say you're good to be promoted back to builder! The approach we've had for builders returning from inactivity is that they have an abridged probation period where they only have to make 5 houses and receive feedback on them, but they don't need to do the whole month. I assume you know the drill for that, but let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome back to the team :)

Reactions: Antony and Augurex

Augurex

Poet

Maj, I started a house at Ryamsport (right near the town gate), if you wanna go take a look at my progress...

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi aug ill take a look later tonight ill be on after 8pm ish
so ill see you then, if not ill give you feedback anyway for it. Pretty sure there wont be to much to say though.

Also there are plenty of new blocks added so it would be cool to see how you tackle using them.

you should have a look at new kingslanding /warp kl1 and /warp kl8 as a lot of new blocks have been implemented there.

thx maj

Last edited:
Reactions: Augurex

IMajic

Royal Messenger
1st house
@Ryams port
Nothing really much to change, spoke to eld in game.
looks great.

Notes.
On the balcony I noticed the barrel was showing underneath [the underside] the basket fitted better as it had an oak bottom so fitted in to the floor of the balcony. - not sure if you knew this, as it was a new feature [baskets having oak bottoms]

seems all fine so far, not sure if there are any other houses Aug, so post anymore you do here.
thx
maj

Augurex

Poet
Thanks for the help so far, Maj—and thanks to others who have chipped in (Eld, Marg, CC, I think I’m forgetting someone). I started the harbor master‘s house + tower at Ryamsport. I don’t know if Elduwin will want someone more experienced on that plot, but it didn’t have a *special* tag or TEST and the other plots were already taken, so I just went ahead and got started.

Rest assured, I will give the plot the fastidious care and attention it deserves.

Reactions: IMajic

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Augurex - returning probation.

Feedback

2nd house
Herbalist
/warp CaveH1

No problems
Followed style guide, very well laid out and good use of the root cellar. Good ints, well laid out yard.

3rd house
Harbour Masters House
/warp ryamsport

No problems
Followed style guide, found no problems.
Nice use of blocks to represent tings.
[Inspirational use from kldocks harbour masters house-shown in game.]

4th house
Farmer
/warp cobb

No problems
Followed style guide, very well laid out, especially the yard
Good interiors.

Talked with Aug in game. He said he was going to do a KL house next.
I found no issues with his plots and can confirm he follows the style guides and the up to date styles found on the server.

After this final 5th house is built, I approve of him being a full builder.
Thanks
maj