Withdrawn Application: House Chambers

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Sorry, I used slabs of text there and I think I confused you. I said that there shouldn't be many, if any, windmills in the project.

Zso

Poet
Speaking of mills, if windmills wouldnt be suitable because of strong wind gusts, and the terrain seems a bit flat to fast-flowing creeks which would produce enough energy to power a watermill, i would like to suggest the "dry - mills". They are very common in my region, and they would make sense within your project, i think.
But it is just a suggestion.

Attachments

• malom1.jpg
    malom1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • malom2.jpg
    malom2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • szárazmalom2.jpg
    szárazmalom2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 28
  • malom4.jpg
    malom4.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 27

zanji

Herald
Forest test:

mainly because im not sure if i can mix conifers and leaf trees randomly in mixed forests or if i there are "rules".

Oh, and i added Emily pines so i get some heigt in the forests.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
of course you can mix conifers and broadleaf trees. But I would suggest having a few more varieties

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
the vegetation is just as important as overall sand. Your dune shape is very cool, I just think it could include bits of seaweed, maybe some driftwood... those kinds of details. Have a look at how seaweed/kelp is done at Uffering, Weeping Town and some other places. The Duckweed block should be very helpful

Reactions: zanji, Luk and Ric

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I like the general shape as well, would like to see some vegetation though. Also you should try not to use wet sand for all of the beach and the dunes, but just for the parts of the beach that get in contact with the water.

Reactions: zanji

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Is is dry bush or dry shrubgrass? In general dry shrubgrass is the better option as it has more colour variation and is not the bony, bleached white. I'd suggest doing what Tham said but also mixing in some fescue too

Reactions: Luk

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
There’s a little bit more of the biome brushing I want to do with the sand but it won’t change the look too much

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Worked on the plans and the other things, I hope it works out now.

Lands:

View attachment 2543

1: flat terrain with a dense forest
2: hill with two streams and a dense forest
3: another smaller hill with a dense forest
4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10: cultivating area; (oat, rye, veggies and pastures; farmers are specialized in one certain area)
8: small trading port

red: castle
yellow: space for farming houses, built with some space between each other; their fields are located and seperated behind the houses of each farmer
orange: mill with a granary
light green: sept
purple: accommodations for the septon and the priests
turquoise: port buildings, stables for the castle, storage buildings, some fishermen
light blue: abondoned settlements; raided and looted by iron islanders
blue: lumberjacks
black: hunters
grey: holdfast/watchtower
pink: small watchtower/holdfast

Port:
Ever since trading has played a big role of in the lives of the folk here. Their main export is flesh from the forests rich of animals, wich they trade for all kinds of goods along the west coast of westeros.
The iron islanders raided the settlements on the coast and captured trading ships for decades, until the lord of house Chambers made a deal with them. Lord Chambers pledged to send goods, mainly food, to the iron islands; and in exchange the ironborn stopped pillaging the people.

Watchtower/holdfast:
The watchtower was built to protect the lands from the south, since this road is the only wider access road through the dense forest wich surrounds the lands of house Chambers.
Its a square stone tower out of red bricks with a round wooden palisade around it. The trees near and around the palisade were chopped off the provide better visibility for the guards, who belong to the garrison of the castle. They live here for mutiple weeks until they get replaced by other guards and return home.

Small Watchtower/holdfast:
Basically the same purpose like the one above. Its just a small tower next the narrow road coming from the twins to guard this access road to the lands of house Chambers.

Sept:
The sept is located on the highest hill in the area. It consists out of a tower with facing south and an oblong buiding attached to the tower, much like a medieval european chapel (a little bit like this: https://imgur.com/a/Qny6ob1)
A lichyard with a low stone wall is surrounding the sept. The forrest has a glade to the west, so you get a nice view over the lands of house Chambers (like here):
View attachment 2540
A path down leads to the other buildings of the sept. Housing, storage buildings aswell as a scriptorium. They also have some small fields to sustain themselfs.

Trees:

View attachment 2535
from left to right: BPine, PineS, SpruceS, CottonwoodS, CottonwoodM, MapleS, AspenS, AspenM

View attachment 2536
from left to right: BirchM, AlderM, PecanM, PecanS

according to:

Castle:

I changed the gradient because i didnt like how the other one looked at the wall. So now its just cobblestone and light grey stone patched.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sry for the red lines, idk where they are comming from and how i can remove them :(
Hey, you've made good progress on your plans already. I also like your test for the coastal terrain :).
Here is my feedback on the current state of the App:

1. I like that the houses are aligned along the roads, though i would suggest bunching them up a bit more, so that you have kind of a few distinct hamlets.
    Maybe this is helpful inspiration on the lands: https://imgur.com/6uvwQ5K
  2. Why is the Holdfast on your map near (3) located in the middle of the forest, if its supposed to guard the main road from the south? I would place it near the road for it to fulfill that purpose.
  3. Onto the sept: Why would there be a sept in the middle of the forest anyway?
    I would place it near the castle and the bigger hamlet, so its secure and people don't have to walk an hour to get to their sept.
    Also i am unsure on your plans for the style of the sept. AFAIK we are generally trying to make the septs not look too much like traditional european churches, because well, septs are not churches. Altough i'm a fan of original styles of septs, i think you should head towards another direction with that.
  4. Another thing i found weird looking at the map are these two roads that are running parallel right next to each other. I don't see a reason for why such paths would form?

5. There seems to be quite a big patch of land on the western shore of your plans. IMO that would be the perfect place for a holdfast overlooking the coast to the east, which could warn the castle and surroundings of an incoming attack from the iron islands.

zanji

Herald
1. Looks good! Can do that.

2. Its located there so you have a better view of the surrounding area and can see potential enemies earlier. The signal could then be either a light signal or a messanger on horseback.

3. Its because i personally dont really like the standart design you find everywhere on the server. But of course I can change that.

4. The upper roads altitude is lower than the other ones. They both go around the hill but on different heights (hope you know what I mean :) ).

5. Good Idea.

zanji

Herald
@Luk_emAn

here is the updated plan:

- the houses are now grouped into little hamlets/farming communities
- a horse breader added, the thing next to the 9
- made the mole smaller and more protecting from the strong waves of the sea
- changed the holdfasts location a bit (moved it a bit more to the road)

The rest is more or less the same as before.

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
I wouldn't go so close to the Twins, they're eventually gonna be redone so it's easier for everyone not to have something already built nearby, in a potentially different style. This house doesn't have a canon location anyway, so there's no reason why you couldn't move some of the project (numbers 1 and 10 imo) a bit more west.

Last edited: