Completed Application for House Hamell

zanji

Herald
So, I made a little forest test. But I'm not sure about the density. Would smaller trees between the tall ones get enough sunlight to grow? or should I just put more thin tall trees in there. Or is the density good right now? I want a fairly light forest due to deforestation.

2021-08-14_20.21.37.jpg

2021-08-14_20.30.16.jpg

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Density looks okay to me.

How long ago was the forest cut/burnt down last? Pines and other conifers grow back very quickly and can end up dominating early regrown forests, then are replaced later on by oaks and more broadleaves. you could scatter in a few to show which sections are older or younger.

Reactions: Wazgamer

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
I've already started the river that will come down from Hamell and I'm just wondering if it would be more convenient if I do the whole river, from the source, or if it's best to leave it to be transitioned by you, Zan when it is in Hamell's lands.

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Zan, love what you've done so far. Unfortunately, you're going to need to raise the village of Hamell and surrounding lands up by 2 blocks minimum for the river to work. Thanks

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Easy way to do this would be to do a big polysel from the area all the way into where the northern hills will start and lift the whole completed part of the project up rather than trying to individually move the village itself imo. If you need a hand, just say so

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Easy way to do this would be to do a big polysel from the area all the way into where the northern hills will start and lift the whole completed part of the project up rather than trying to individually move the village itself imo. If you need a hand, just say so
make sure when you do the poly section and move it up two blocks, fill in the air gap below!
-go into /gm3 and do a selection for the air gap and //pos1 //pos2 the area and just //set [terraset] =very simple w e. but just makes the editing cleaner when you sort this out straight away.

zanji

Herald
Hey Zan, love what you've done so far. Unfortunately, you're going to need to raise the village of Hamell and surrounding lands up by 2 blocks minimum for the river to work. Thanks

No problem. But I'm kind of unsure how big I can make the selection before breaking something so it would be nice if Aek could help me with that.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Just a quick note to say some Hamell fields are extending into the Reach.
It isn't massively problematic as it is now, because the regional borders are far from precise, but just a warning to try and avoid much further south.
If you have any ideas of where the regional border should be, based on terrain etc, let me know.

1637154712022.png

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
It wold make sense for the watershed south of hamell of some kind, even if its a low hill. There should be a few mander tributary streams flowing through redding and goldengrove so definitely it would make sense for there to be an obvious border like a ridge or stream at some point south of hamell. Considering Redding is a reasonably sized abandoned project, it should be fine for the border to run through there.

Reactions: DutchGuard

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Heya Zan! I know I mentioned I would do the river going through Hamell, but unfortunately, I've got a lot on my plate and won't be able to get around to that. If I could just ask that you follow the style of river through your project for consistency's sake I'd appreciate it. If you want advice don't hesitate to ask me!

Reactions: AerioOndos

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Hiya Zan, sorry to hear you’ve lost passion for the project. If I could ask that for the transition house style to reflect what’s been established at Belleglen, and some house tests on my plot, it’d help establish a regional transition area. The palette of the houses on my plot is to be ignored, as we are no longer going with that palette. But it would help create regional identity.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Hello everyone.

Due to health problems I was absent for a while, but now after coming back again I kinda lost passion for the project in its current state. Therefore I'd like to redo most of it with new ideas I have. If thats fine with the mods then a new application will follow.

Hey, I'm completely fine for you to present a new app for Hamell. It'd be good to keep the notable material, castle and so on in test because of how well done many buildings are. That being said, I am excited to see what you have in mind for a new look to Hamell and wish you all the best with that.
Cheers,

Aeksio