Batelgause

Royal Messenger
What is your Minecraft username?
Batelgause

What is your age?
17-20

In what country are you living?
Turkey

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
the variety of its characters with their amazingly written perspectives.dialouges and motives

What is your favorite build on our server?
the white harbor

Why do you want to join our server?
i want to be a part of this amazing work

2021-06-24_17.59.46.png2021-06-24_17.59.50.png2021-06-24_18.01.25.png2021-06-24_18.01.35.png2021-06-24_18.01.40.png2021-06-24_18.02.21.png2021-06-24_18.02.27.png2021-06-24_18.02.30.png2021-06-24_18.03.29.png2021-06-24_18.12.26.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hi İsmejkaya,
Thanks for completing this application and that you liked our YouTube videos enough to join the server yourself.

Nice work with replicating the application house, as I hope you can tell we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into our houses. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next. For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp hawthornetown and share screenshots of it in this thread (an easy way to do it is upload them imgur.com and share the link).

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Hawthorne town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the hawthornetown style.

Good luck!

Reactions: zac

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
So first of all thanks for the quick reply. Here is my low class farmer house from hawthorne with a yard

While analyzing and checking out the hawthornetown houses i realized that they are quite simple and similliar looking especially the low class ones. so i tried understanding the style and reflecting it with some interior ideas of mine instead of building something so unique and different. i'm looking forward to the next challanges.

Have a good day!

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey İsmejKaya,
Thanks for completing this Hawthorne house. You've done a a really good job replicating the style and common features of houses in the area, and shown nice restraint with the choice of blocks for a low class house.

My only note for potential improving the house would be to just tidy up the timber/daub block patterns. It's good to think of the timber lines on these blocks as the wooden "frame" of the house (like you would see on a modern day timber house frame). In that sense its good to maintain a symmetry to the pattern to indicate an even distribution of weight.

E.g. the front face of the house could have a pattern like this (apologies for the terrible scribbles) .
1625366487952.png

Otherwise I like all the small details you've added to the interior of the house and the yard and things like the small jumbles to the thatch roof.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the White Harbor style of /warp gullsgate (the general style in the sprawl outside the main city walls). Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the styleguide at the /warp oldstyleguides and the finished houses in the White Harbor area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in White Harbor (e.g. carpenter/cooper/blacksmith/boat builder, netmaker etc).

Note in the post which profession you go with.

Good luck!

Reactions: zac

Batelgause

Royal Messenger
hey! thanks for the quick reply again . here is my white harbor style middle class house with an ale/wine merchant profession and a storage building

i know the color of cobblestone's are different than it should be but i couldnt fix it tried almost every biome still didnt work. also i added the first storage building i built to the last pictures but then changed its shape. please comment if i made it better or worse . thanks for your precious comments i'm looking forward to the next challange.

Have a nice day!

Reactions: Gealrüable and zac

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey IsmejKaya,
Sorry for the delay with getting back to you on this one.

This is looking very nice, you've picked up on the key style elements of the White Harbor area. No problem with the shading of the stone bricks, you're right that it's biome dependent, the one you were looking for was Extreme Hills, but all good!

Only other small notes:
1625913974388.png
- We avoid sticking candles to walls like vanilla torches, since they'd probably fall off. Try just placing them on a table/bench/create. Drinking a potion of night vision helps when taking screenshots too if lighting's a concern.
- Since this building's a wine merchant you're right that they'd likely have a large stock of produce. Just be wary about overdoing it with citrus fruits since they'd be pretty rare in the North.

I think at this point you'll learn more from being an actual builder, so consider yourself approved!

Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: http://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide

The next step is to make a probation thread in the Probation Forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find a list of these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings. You can also toggle open plot markers on the dynmap mc.westeroscraft.com

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entry point into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL you may need to be patient while they find the time to respond to you. But message me again if a probie leader hasn't contacted you within two weeks, or if they're taking a while to respond. I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

I'd suggest you also start thinking about what projects you might like to work on, we encourage new builders to first work on "mini-projects" which are small one off areas of other projects, e.g. a hamlet, mill, quarry, and flagged as open for mini-apps by the project leader. Once you've done a few of these you'll be able to apply for a full project.

Make sure to stay in touch and let us know if you're losing interest, not finding enough work to do, or if there's any issues with the probation.

Welcome aboard and I'll see you in Westeros!

Reactions: zac and Batelgause