Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
CryogenicFreeze

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Searched online

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
I'm only on season 2 but the world building is one of the best out there.

What is your favorite build on our server?
Gaunt: It reminds me of Rochester Castle and looks great with the hoardings. The clay harvest and brick firing area is also nice.

Why do you want to join our server?
I love building in Minecraft and like to plan things out/pay attention to the details

2022-07-22_20.13.01.png2022-07-22_20.13.14.png2022-07-22_20.13.28.png2022-07-22_20.13.39.png2022-07-22_20.13.48.png2022-07-22_20.14.01.png2022-07-22_20.14.13.png2022-07-22_20.14.51.png2022-07-22_20.15.04.png2022-07-22_20.15.20.png

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow

Reactions: Azulejo

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Cryo! Nice work with the app house! I see no issues with it. With this build we hope you catched some of the techniques and ways we have of building in the server. Now your task will be to build other houses in the style of different locations in the server, but this time instead of copying you will have to come up with a design of your own based on the characteristics of the area asked.

Your next challenge will be to build a house in the style of /warp Woodwright, with a yard. Once you are done you can upload some screenshots here and I will evaluate them as soon as I can. Have fun!​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Great job Cryo! Your house is a really nice start and I just have some minor things to say:​
  • The timber framing pattern seems a bit chaotic. It's something that takes a bit of time to master, but with time I'm sure you will catch on. Looking at more examples around the server and IRL would probably help you on that. For example on the picture I attached having a more symmetrical pattern would improve it's look.​
  • The stone gradient of the bottom floor is pretty nice, but try to avoid having non-consecutive blocks touching, like plaster and reach small bricks (you can see that in the same picture as the above).​
  • When doing the rafters of the ceiling you should try to have them spanning between the short sides of a room or build. It's more structurally strong.​
For your next challenge you will have to build a middle class townhouse in the style of /warp OAtown, with a yard and a profession. Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

• 7Fm0ZHh.png
    7Fm0ZHh.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Jeffjunior77

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Overall nice job! I can see you improved on your timber framing. OAtown (Old Anchor) and its area have a special type of timber framing inspired by Germanic vernacular architecture that is different from what you can see in other projects. I saw you used a stone support on one of the side decor houses for your build. I would avoid that in most cases, as it tends to look a bit heavy. Other than that just some minor details, they aren't dealbreakers in any case:​
  • Although you can do it since many times there's no other option (and we do it on the server too) I personally try as much as I can to place my furniture in a way that covers the spots where foundations or other non-flooring blocks show, like what happened in the kitchen area or the desk of yout build.​
  • The flour you placed on the ground I would try to gradient a bit so it blends better with the gravel, for example using some kind of pebble block:​

2022-08-08.png

For your next challenge go to /warp torhamlet3 and build a farmer's house in the style of one of the many little houses that dot the fields. Good luck and have fun!​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
I did try covering the foundation on the second floor, but I wasn't liking the layouts that came out of it.​
Yeah it happens sometimes. Nevertheless it's nice that you tried to cover it at first.
Here's my build, since the houses were so small I made two in different styles.​
Very nice! Both of them look solid. Indeed they are small houses, but after all most houses in the server will be similar to them (small farmer houses). Regarding the first house (the one with rooftiles) the chimney should be one block taller than the roofline, so smoke can properly evacuate. Also you should mix Dornish pebbles in the floor, like what you did at the outside path. I don't have much to say regarding the second house (the one with flat roof) other than the thing I said about the floor just before.

For your next challenge you will be building a townhouse in the style of /warp Duskendale, with a profession an a yard. I'm sure you will do great on it! Have fun!​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Amazing work Cryo! I have no feedback to give, you did a very nice build. I think it's time for you to get to the next stage, consider yourself approved :D!

Next time you get online ask an available moderator (those with red names) to promote you, and before that make sure to read the New Builders' Guide. There you will find useful information regarding your new role as a "probie", as we like to call it, as well as everything you need to know and do during this time, like opening a Probation Thread. Once all that is done your Probation will begin.

Just like I did here with your app, a probation leader will step up and take you as their "probie", as we like to call it. They will judge your builds and guide you, giving you feedback, tips and tricks. Think of it as an extension of your Builder Application, but much more engaged, and hopefully even more fruitful! On top of learning more of our ways of building you will also get a good grip on how we manage builds and the community as a whole, as well as engaiging with other members of it, something I encourage you to do. Out of those little interactions you will learn a lot, trust me! Feedback can come from anyone in the server, so be willing to listen to what they have to say, with time you may end up on their spot hehehe.

To start building you can look at the dynamap in our website and toggle the "Open Plot" option, go to /warp build or ask any online members around for open building spots. Also don't forget to ask any moderator online for a plot of your own at the Test World (aka Testeros), where you will be able to practise your builds.

Congrats and welcome to the team!​