New Wiki, Progress Page, and Trophies!

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hello all!

Our new Wiki and Progress pages are now fully updated. You can reach these very easily thanks to the new "Resources" menu on the above navigation bar. Check out the post on the List of Available Projects Thread for more details.

You may also see some notifications pop up about being awarded a trophy! Some of you may remember the Maester's chain trophies we had on our old forums, well, they're back!
Many thanks to @CashBanks for coming up with new chain link sprites.
Note that awards only appear when the user logs into the forums.
You can see the reason for the award being given by clicking on it. If you feel you are missing an award, please DM me (@DutchGuard)

If you've got any ideas or suggestions for other trophies, let us know by posting below!

Last edited:

hoosfoos

Mummer
Hi Dutch
I'm not very active these days, but I usually try to keep up by reading the forums regularly.
I noticed the pictures for Grandview in the wiki are actually of another build (Crows Nest, I believe and an awesome build it is)
I have some screenshots I took upon completion of Grandview and while not up what some people are doing now are decent enough and are at least the same quality as the Crows Nest pictures.
Can I send you the pictures to correct the wiki?

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Quick update to say that the Yellow Gold link, awarded to users who donate $5 or more to community expenses, is now being awarded manually as the automatic feature doesn't seem to be cooperating. Unfortunately I can only see details of who has donated since mid-May, so if you have donated in the past and have not been awarded the Yellow Gold link, please message me, and provide proof if possible.

Margaery_Tyrell

The Dark Lord Sauron
Quick update to say that the Yellow Gold link, awarded to users who donate $5 or more to community expenses, is now being awarded manually as the automatic feature doesn't seem to be cooperating. Unfortunately I can only see details of who has donated since mid-May, so if you have donated in the past and have not been awarded the Yellow Gold link, please message me, and provide proof if possible.

I have a title from donating :p

Also I would suggest a link for immersion projects for people like Johan who have made several that have enriched and made our server better

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
It might be fun to add trophies for the great houses (and maybe some of their rivals), so builders can display their favourite house on the forums.
It would be a logistic nightmare to give everyone their preferred house though.

The trophies could take the shape of the sigil of each house.

A couple of suggestions:
  • House Targaryen
  • House Blackfyre
  • House Baratheon
  • House Stark
  • House Bolton
  • House Arryn
  • House Lannister
  • House Tyrell
  • House Greyjoy
  • House Tully
  • House Frey
  • House Martell

It might be fun to add trophies for the great houses (and maybe some of their rivals), so builders can display their favourite house on the forums.
It would be a logistic nightmare to give everyone their preferred house though.

The trophies could take the shape of the sigil of each house.

A couple of suggestions:
  • House Targaryen
  • House Blackfyre
  • House Baratheon
  • House Stark
  • House Bolton
  • House Arryn
  • House Lannister
  • House Tyrell
  • House Greyjoy
  • House Tully
  • House Frey
  • House Martell

That could even be part of the forum profile and something to toggle in the settings instead of Dutch or someone awarding every single person the specific house. But I don’t know the technical requirements for that and don’t know if it’s possible so.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I’ll explain briefly how the trophies work so people can get a better idea of what’s possible.

1. Giving trophies automatically is the best way, as it requires no manual input. We more or less have all possible trophies that are automatically assigned atm.
2. Manually awarding trophies involves listing usernames individually, which can be tedious if there are a lot of people who need the award (e.g. cobalt link)
3. Once trophies are awarded, they cannot be removed individually, only in their entirety. I’m only willing to do this for probation leaders (Manganese), as their numbers are small and the roster is updated infrequently.

Margaery_Tyrell Immersion build links are a good suggestion, especially as an incentive to do more, though if they become really popular it might become a pain to award them

EStoop that’s a cool idea but as you have said, it would be a logistical nightmare.

Zso

Poet
So winners of the ship contest just got announced (btw congrats to them :) ) and I was wondering, would it be possible to add some kind of trophies for contest winners?
And also retroactively to previous contests, it would be great!

Reactions: lemonbear

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I've added a secondary title (for those who don't have custom ones) on the forums. These are automatically generated based on user reaction scores. I won't post the full title ladder so have fun finding all the different ones!