Website suggestions

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Hello,

This thread is for suggestions that could improve the website, I couldn't find the original post. Please be civil.

Hgkoolaid

Messenger
I would love a "mark all as read" button somewhere. Maybe that exists already but I can't find it and it would be an easier way of clearing out post notifications.

I mainly say this as someone who doesn't always log on but reads the posts then when logged on all the posts are marked as unread.

Reactions: shel

Aslanio

Bard
ef349de3ed.png

Like change all the Black text to Red like in the old forums, or maybe even BLUE. Just something that stands out this is some ugly ass shit we've got here.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Hello, I've asked a couple of times before but I'm just going to request it again.
  • Can we please show more than 5 "New posts"? Right now it doesn't take long before your post gets buried. I regularly check the forums (multiple times a day) and still miss posts.
  • Can we please exclude builder application threads from the "New posts" overview? They clutter the overview and those that actually read them check on them regularly. The majority of the community does not read those threads.
The website can be pretty and all but for me it has been dysfunctional ever since we changed the website.

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
The New Posts section lists your unread posts across all subforums, including the apps. There's a button top right where you can switch to see all recent posts in a chronological order, including those you've already read. You can mark all posts as read, as well, which means your New Posts section will be empty. It offers you a cross link to the All Recent Posts thing, however. I don't think you can unsubscribe from sub forums.

Edit: You can unwatch individual threads.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Regardless of those options, I really don't see the issue in expanding the list at hand to make it easier for everyone to keep track of recent posts.

It is beneficial to everyone if recent posts are more visible, and it is hard enough to make people read the forums already. Having these extra 3 steps to see the recent posts doesn't really help.

It just takes one round of feedback on builder application for builders not even to realise there are new posts to check on, rendering the new posts overview with 5 slots obsolete.