ViserysII Builder Application

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
I'am 17 years old

I'am from Brazil

I always watched videos on youtube, as my passion is game of thrones, this server couldn't go unnoticed, and mixing it with my love for building in minecraft, I found the perfect combination.

i really like harry potter, but got is my favorite one

Game of Thrones, Dance of Dragons

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

certainly my favorite character is Daenerys, not only because the targaryens are my favorite ones, but because of her strength, and as she conquered everything with her willpower, i really admire her a lot.

I am a person who would help a lot on the server, I really like to learn new things, I am always watching, and I think it's the duty of a true fan of got to be part of this excellent team, but I always like to challenge myself in the constructions and do different things than what I'm used to.

I spent a long time waiting to get on the server because I was fascinated by the constructions, and when I joined, I saw that it was what I wanted to do, and the different ways of building each kingdom inspired me, and I really want to be able to help you with anything you want. from a small house to a castle

https://imgur.com/user/ViserysII

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Reactions: Ric

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
Hello ViserysII,

thank you for your application.
Unfortunately, I cannot access your imgur album, do you mind reposting a working link?

Dragons

Enah

Skinchanger
Hello ViserysII,

thank you for your application.
Unfortunately, I cannot access your imgur album, do you mind reposting a working link?

Dragons

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
Hello!

Your first house seems like it'd fit perfectly on the server, although in an older project. Don't worry - this is due to the evolution of our styles. Next time, try to look at some of the newer locations, don't be afraid to consult our builders on which those would be.

Anyway, here's a quick rundown of characteristics of our older styles that you have incorporated into your application builds :

1st house

1) Exterior - logs are considered outdated, you can either not use them all or use our wide array of other wood blocks we have in an appropriate manner.
Instead of fence windows, especially on daub hauses, put a wood slab on the top and carpet on the bottom of the window.

One of the more unique things about our style is the gradient. Basically, it is a technique used mostly on stone surfaces in order to show age, weathering, ruin... It is usually accomplished by putting darker blocks on the bottom and in specific spots to show alterations (above-mentioned causes).

2) Interior - Same thing about the logs as for the exterior.
In lower and middle class homes, try not to use luxury items such as glass cabinets, books, etc. Those are reserved for the richest citizens of Westeros, mainly in bigger towns and cities.

2nd house

This one seems much more contemporary. My feedback is minimal, mostly the same problems as with the first house - all the advice there applies for this one as well.

Overall, good job! For your first challenge, please build a house in the style of /warp woodwright, preferably one of the bigger houses with the steep roofs.

Good luck!

Dragons

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hello, thank u for the tips, I took some inspirations from the houses in the village!

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hi! I made another house, which is the same model as the last one, but a little bit smaller, and with a different shape. I hope u like it!

Last edited:

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hello!
how are u? It's been a week since our last talk and I don't want to disturb you, but I just wanna make sure that the application won't be forgotten.
see ya!

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
Hey!

The house looks very good, only a few little errors.

1) I may be wrong, but I believe the chimneys at Woodwright are built in the same material as the houses (reach bricks) rather than the white harbor blocks.
2) Not a huge fan of that barrel on a hanging shelf beneath the window, doesn't make much sense. Also, keep in mind that barrels are round, so in that position, it'd just roll off.
3)When using the drawer cabinet block, you should leave only one side showing. The sides and the back should either be covered by the wall or half doors.

Also, don't be afraid of building an accompanying garden :) These almost always come with a plot.

For your next challenge, please build a house in the style of /warp thtown (the plastered ones).

Good luck!

Reactions: ViserysII

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hey!
Thank you for the tips again, and you were totally right about the barrel, it doesn't make sense, I tried to take care of the sides too, and I made a small garden, I took some inspiration from the region :)
see ya!

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hi
I made another house in the same style as the last one!

• Love
Reactions: SeapunkPeaches

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
Hey Viserys :D

I have 0 major complaints for the two houses. Great job!
The only issues would be the chain log in the garden (what's the chain for?) and several paper blocks on the interiors. While it's not impossible that this happens to be someone who can read or write, most of lower, middle and even some of upper class citizens can't.
That's why we try to limit any blocks that indicate literacy to faith administration, bookbinders, archive buildings or just really rich people who can read, etc.

Anyway, for your next challenge please build a house in the style of those peaked roof riverside houses near the river gate at Duskendale.
I'll try to review it ASAP this time :p

Good luck!

ViserysII

Emissary
Pronouns
he/him
Hey!
Thank you! I hope u like it.
see ya

SeapunkPeaches

Cersei's Left Bob
Looks great!
I don't think I'll have to bother you with any more challenges, welcome to the team!
Please check all the information for new builders and start a probation thread :D

I already promoted you in game, so better get to work!

Reactions: Ric