In Progress Update Application - District 32 - Pix & Shymon

Hello thecoddfish , Pixeld_ and I plan to lead district 32 of the KL update.

District Description
District 32 spreads under Visenya’s Hill and is bordered by the Blackwater Way from the east. As far as we know, the district is rather unimportant.

New Canon
As far as we know, there is no new canon for this district.

Current State of the District & Update Plans
The district is plagued by plotting issues and a lot of the houses need to be replotted; the houses have odd and outdated shapes. Houses around the graveyard need to be heavily adjusted because they don’t touch the graveyard wall and create awkward 1 block long backyards. There are certain parts with very dense thatch houses that need to be diluted.
Also, Pizza’s only house in King’s Landing happens to be in our district (marked with purple rect.), we do not wish to harm this rare gem and therefore we think Pizza should update the house himself.

Here's the map with houses sorted out:
(Red - Replot/extensive update, Orange - Moderate/bigger update, Green - Mild update, Purple - Special)
map kl32.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Veggie

The Old Bear
I agree with your judgements on what is red/orange/green.

Can you expand on how you'd alter the graveyard, particularly how the surrounding houses will better connect with it.

Reactions: thecoddfish
I agree with your judgements on what is red/orange/green.

Can you expand on how you'd alter the graveyard, particularly how the surrounding houses will better connect with it.
This was Pixeld_ 's initiative, and I agree with him. I think you should ask pix to elaborate on the matter.

...but from my opinion I think the adjustments don't need to be that big, I think we just alter the graveyard walls/plotting of the houses that surround the graveyard just so the walls and houses touch each other, just so there are no 1 block spaces.

Veggie

The Old Bear
I think there was some confusion, somewhat on my part, about what constitued a 'red' and 'orange', and what this actually meant.

I agree with your efforts to cut back on the density of those clumps of houses, but rather than uprooting them all, I'd like you to remove the central houses of those 'clumps' and turn them into yards.

If you need to move those 'red' houses with WE to get access to them to adjust them to bring them up to standard, that's fine.

Otherwise, I would not be supportive of you continuing if you planned on totally stripping back these plots to their foundations.

I am happy to talk you through this in game.

V

I predict half of the red houses will be turned to orange overtime, the red were generally our impressions of the houses when we were categorizing them, I plan to nuke only those houses that are not going to be in the final form e.g. they will be turned into yards. I just need time with Pix to re-asses the houses and adjust the plots. I've began to mark the adjusted plots above the houses, this goes for the red and some orange houses. I'm obviously not gonna nuke all the thatch houses, first I have to untangle them and then adjust their plots and remove certain houses that shouldn't be there and turn them into yards to open up the space. I do this usually by cutting out the roof, so I can see the original shape.
But I can discuss this with you in-game, but not today (26/11/20) because it's late and I have to finish my history class project. We can meet tomorrow when you have time. ;)

Reactions: DutchGuard
It wasn't definitely not my intention to strip all houses marked with red. I found it a little difficult to distinguish between red and orange, since each builder tackles a house on their own way and their own pace. Like Shymon said, a lot of the houses were all pushed against eachother creating weird alleyways and uneven yards. That's why we thought it was better to mark the house with red to give the builder more freedom to adjust the house accordingly. But maybe that's what we had to do first before marking them. It was never our intention to tear down any more houses than necessary.

Last edited:

Veggie

The Old Bear
Sounds good, I marked most with signs to say whether or not I agreed with the, being red.
Just as long as you are shifting things around so you have better access rather than just redoing, I will continue to be supportive.
V

Reactions: Pixeld_
I'll get on the server later today because now I'm doing some computer trickery and I'll get my act together and start preparing houses for opening based on blocks instead of randomly picking houses.

Hi Veggie ,
The first block with revised markers is done and open, I hope the other blocks will continue in the same spirit.
You can see the results in the area covered by green glass.

Reactions: Veggie