The Arbor: Applications thread

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hello there,

here comes the whaling station application. A good amount of whaling research is already in this thread (https://forum.westeroscraft.com/threads/on-ibbenese-whaling.2508/), but I'll give a short summary. The plan is that the whalers from ryamsport are whaling North of ryamsport for smaller and mid sized whales. Eld promised me a lookout tower further North in the bay, which will allert small boats which will pursue the whales, kill them and bring them to the station for processing. The whales will be dragged onto the shore where the flensing will start. During the flensing the whale blubber will be removed from the carcass. It will later be cooked to whale oil in furnaces called "tryworks" and then stored into clay pots/barrels, which will be stored in the warehouse for a short time until a merchant from vinetown or from a ship buys the oil. The oil was historically mainly used for lamp oil and machine lubricant, which both could be pretty useful in the wealthy reach region. Additionally, parts of the whale meat will be removed from the carcass and processed in a butchery, where they will be saltened and then distributed among the local whalers. The inspiration for this is the Faroese whaling. The beach has a just recently killed whale on it.

Note: A historical whaling station usually included a cooper and a smith, but these professions are already present at Ryamsport, so they will also supply the station.

The test for the station can be found elevating on my plot (/warp joseidon) next to an older version of the test.
Pictures:
Hey Joseidon1
Sorry for the long wait, this app is approved, I'll let you know when I paste it (waiting a few days before opening the new section of Ryamsport).
Good job!

Also, I'm thinking we could have a whaler near the beach/on the beach.

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
~mini project: Quarry at Ryamsport
Hi! I'm going to be applying for my first mini: the quarry :)) Since JJ, (who applied before) doesnt really have the time anymore to finish it, he decided to 'give' it to me!
I changed a few things, but most of the credit goes to JJ! I still hope you like it!
You can find this at my plot: /warp daenerys

-Dany
Hey xdaenerystargaryen
Thanks for your app, and sorry for the delay!
It's approved, I'll paste it asap.
Good job to you and JJ!

Reactions: JJLyric

Vinnie

Playwright
Hey Eld! I wanted to let you know that I had pasted in a test I was working on for the RP keep and accidentally forgot to remove it before I logged off. That said I do have an updated test for you that I think is far along enough for you to check out when you're ready. Just head to my plot whenever. Be sure to message me here or on discord if you want to chat and I'm not online. hope you've been well :)

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey Eld! I wanted to let you know that I had pasted in a test I was working on for the RP keep and accidentally forgot to remove it before I logged off. That said I do have an updated test for you that I think is far along enough for you to check out when you're ready. Just head to my plot whenever. Be sure to message me here or on discord if you want to chat and I'm not online. hope you've been well :)
Great, as far as I remember, I was pretty happy with your work with the vassal keep, so I'm sure it'll be good.
I'll take a look asap and let you know.

Scubooty

Bookbinder
After much discussion and testing I am ready to apply for the Isle of Pigs. Big shoutout to all the people who've helped me along the process especially Jake, rip the Co-Op. The plans aren't done justice by screenshots but I included a link to some anyway. Eld and I have discussed this a good deal in game so I am hoping to get work started soon!
Link to Screenies

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
After much discussion and testing I am ready to apply for the Isle of Pigs. Big shoutout to all the people who've helped me along the process especially Jake, rip the Co-Op. The plans aren't done justice by screenshots but I included a link to some anyway. Eld and I have discussed this a good deal in game so I am hoping to get work started soon!
Link to Screenies
I've been following this work for some time, and I'm happy to see you take it up. So it's good for me and approved!
Just a few things to keep in mind forward:
- there's some canon on the castle, so make sure the ints fit it
- I want to check the plotting before opening
- same with the potential isolated sept on the top of the island, I hold the approval on that to see how it looks

Dont hesitate to let me know if you need some help on the terra.

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey FD001__ & Jakethesnake8_8
Good job on both your app for the estate!
I've worked a bit with both of you and gave some feedback along the way. I just want to leave a bit more time in case someone else would want to apply as well.

For the galeass, it looks quite good FD001__, I'll check with you in game for some minor changes but overall it's a nice ship, so consider it approved.
I'll do the pasting as well, so don't worry about that.

Reactions: FD001__

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
I've reviewed a last time your app FD001__ , I'm happy with it and will paste it in production.
Good job!

And keep up with the good work on the ships as well.

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Happy with the plans, so approved.
Style & palette can be found in houses around Ryamsport, on rural stone houses.