Pronouns
he/him
What is your Minecraft username?
TechOnPC

What is your age?
21-24

In what country are you living?
United States

Where did you first hear about WesterosCraft?
Youtube

What do you like the most about GoT/ASoIaF?
The lore of the world, especially the ancient civilizations and more mystical elements, such as the Isle of Faces and Asshai. My favorite region is the North of Westeros, the old architecture speaks to me.

What is your favorite build on our server?
The King's Landing build is the most impressive for sure, but my favorite would probably be the Wall and the Night's Watch castles just because each castle is unique and serves its own purpose. The Wall also has a nice texture pattern to it.

Why do you want to join our server?
A Song Of Ice And Fire is one of my favorite, if not my favorite piece of literature and Minecraft is my favorite video game so being able to build on this server would be one of the best hobbies I could ask for.

Did you follow the application rules?
You know nothing, Jon Snow.apphouse-1.pngapphouse-2.pngapphouse-3.pngapphouse-4.pngapphouse-5.png

Last edited:

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey TechOnPC,
Thanks for completing this application, and for your patience while we took the time to review it. (Approve of that Batman skin too, I had a similar one back in the day).

Nice work with replicating the application house, As I hope you can tell ,we try to put as much detail and signs of life as we can into every single building on the server. Hopefully through this application process you'll see how this approach is carried across our different projects and styles.

You're off to a good start and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make next. For your first challenge build, please make a Low Class Farmer's house in the style of /warp tarbeck and share screenshots of it in this thread.

Take note of commonalities between the houses (block mix, shape of roof, size of house, interior blocks, attic spaces, mezzanine platforms) and make a house that would fit into the Tarbeck town. It would be great if you could add a yard to it too.

If you haven't already, you can take a look at the Basic Building Guide for some more tips.

Please take your time to study the style in detail, and make sure to ask if you have any questions on the above feedback or the Tarbeck style.

Good luck!

Reactions: FD001__

TechOnPC

Bard
Pronouns
he/him
Hey CashBanks,
I found one of the smallest houses in Tarbeck that was adjacent to a field of crops so I hope I got the Low Class Farmer house accurate.
For this build, I added a yard as requested and placed wheat adjacent to the house since it is a farmer's lot. I also placed a stone wall behind the house made of arbor cobblestone and Lannisport light brick as that is in several places around Tarbeck.
On the interior, there is a sandstone furnace for a source of light and a straw bed in the attic region, as well as some crates below the bed for storage, which I mimicked from existing builds on the server.
tarbeck-1.pngtarbeck-2.pngtarbeck-3.pngtarbeck-4.pngtarbeck-5.pngtarbeck-6.pngtarbeck-7.png

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Tech, great work with this Tarbeck house.

On the whole you've done a nice job, the shape, look and feel of the house is largely consistent with the Tarbeck style.

My only suggestion would be to add a little bit more to front yard, you can add some vegge patches like in this example.
2022-05-15_19.44.03.png

Overall though I really like the shape of the yard, hanging chicken, all lots of nice little things.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class professional house in the style of /warp hgtown. Houses in large towns will usually have a profession on their on the ground floor and residence upstairs, take a look at the finished houses in the area for inspiration, and give the house some kind of profession that would make sense in Highgarden (e.g. carpenter/wine merchant/tailor/blacksmith) and a yard would be great as well. Take note of the shape of the roof, how we use stairs to create the effect of floorboards and what kind of blocks would suit a middle class house (nothing too lavish).

Looking forward to seeing your work!

TechOnPC

Bard
Pronouns
he/him
Hey Cashbanks,
I based this build off of several different town houses around High Garden so I hope it fits the description.
The profession for this house is a jeweler and the yard incorporates some display cabinets of jewelry so that people walking by the building can browse their wears. The yard also continues from left to right because a house like this would be wedged in-between others so the road would keep going. The backyard has a small workspace with some Bench Mason Hammer Mallet for when they need to construct or alter jewelry for customers. On the first floor, there is also a small room with Silver Tin Crates which is where the owner would store their extra material for making jewelry.
The second floor is for the kitchen and includes a small dining area as well.
The third floor/attic is for the sleeping quarters and contains a bed, a table for writing parchment, and a window lookout.
hg-1.pnghg-2.pnghg-3.pnghg-4.pnghg-6.pnghg-7.pnghg-8.pnghg-9.pnghg-10.pnghg-11.png

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Great work with this Highgarden house, you've really nailed all the small details.

Just a handful of notes:
- When using these multi-sided utensil blocks/drawers/cabinets, we try to use half doors/other blocks so that only one side of the block is visible. It's not the biggest deal on profession blocks since it's conceivable they'd have more than two hammers for instance, but in this case with the drawers it would be worth covering up the side marked in red.
1652746553382.png
I could be wrong but it looks like you might've used stone or blue/grey plaster up here. I think white plater/clay is generally paired with the white timber frames.

1652747760213.png

Otherwise I think at this point you'll learn more from being an actual builder, so consider yourself approved!

Please make sure to read the New Builder guide here: https://westeroscraft.com/wiki/guides/new-builders-guide

The next step is to make a probation thread in the Probation Forum. You can start building at any open locations on the server - you can find a list of these at /warp build, although it's sometimes outdated, so I would also recommend just asking people in-game and checking the forums for recent project happenings.

You can also toggle open plot markers on the dynmap mc.westeroscraft.com

A probie leader should post on your thread within a week or so and continue to give you constructive feedback on your houses for the next month (and help be your entry point into the server community in general), although as sometimes the probie leaders are busy IRL you may need to be patient while they find the time to respond to you. But message me again if a probie leader hasn't contacted you within two weeks, or if they're taking a while to respond.

I would also encourage you to seek feedback from project leaders and other builders/mods. At the end, you'll be made full builder assuming everything goes smoothly.

I'd suggest you also start thinking about what projects you might like to work on, we encourage new builders to first work on "mini-projects" which are small one off areas of other projects, e.g. a hamlet, mill, quarry, and flagged as open for mini-apps by the project leader. Once you've done a few of these you'll be able to apply for a full project.

Make sure to stay in touch and let us know if you're losing interest, not finding enough work to do, or if there's any issues with the probation.

Welcome back and I'll see you in Westeros!