Spruce Leaf Texture issue

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Could you try it with the following two resource packs, and get comparison pictures from the same perspective as the last two images you had there (the plains biome)?

Also, for a final comparison, again in the plains biome, could you try temporarily replacing all of the spruce leaves with one of the custom spruce-based leaf blocks (e.g. the juniper berry leaves) and get a screenshot of that, using the normal resource pack?

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
2022-02-13_20.23.52.jpg
Regular resource pack

2022-02-13_20.24.43.jpg
Sprucetest1

2022-02-13_20.25.30.jpg
Sprucetest2

2022-02-13_20.26.06.jpg
Sprucetest3

2022-02-13_20.30.41.jpg
Regular resource pack with some leaves switched to Juniper Berry Leaves

2022-02-13_20.44.38.png
I did another test (regular resource pack). It seems like juniper leaves (cube to the right) don't have the issue.

Reactions: Emoticone11

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
2022-02-13_22.03.38.png
Tried with birch (rectangle to the right) and apple leaves (rectangle to the left) Theres a slight colour change, not as noticiable as with spruce leaves.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Alright, here's another resource pack for you to try:

Could you do a comparison in a biome where the effect is quite obvious (such as mushroom_island) with all four vanilla leaf types, which should all be the exact same spruce texture and color now?

Reactions: Azulejo

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
2022-02-14_23.12.11.png
From left to right oak, spruce, birch and jungle. They seem to all appear the same and have the visual bug (btw it is on mushroom island, the plot I'm taking the phot from not).

2022-02-14_23.16.44.jpg2022-02-14_23.17.17.jpg
I took some pics here to test it again. There's a mix of all 4 main types. As you can see the bug with spruce leaves is present on all of them.

ChewyMan125

Street Preacher
I feel it might be worth mentioning, unless I missed it being mentioned earlier, that the effect is not present if you zoom in, given that you're close enough for the zoom to be in the proximity zone that the issue isn't effective in.

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
So under futher inspection it seems like the issue is present on all leaves. Oak and specially jungle are much less obvious, but the issue is there. It just went under the radar since birch and spruce are much more intense, and you need to be quite far to start noticing problems. This may help pointing out the root of the problem, since all leaves have it. I will upload pics showing this later today.​

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
2022-04-14_21.28.26.jpg
Under the red concrete block there's a olive tree leave block, which uses oak leaves as a base texture. As you can see, the plain oak leaves blocks right below it as well as all the trees around it show the texture issue (I dont think we need to mention spruce and birch hahahaha).

EDIT:
Inked2022-04-29_20.45.42_LI (2).jpg
Inked2022-04-29_20.45.42_LI 3.jpg
Here the issue is pretty obvious in the leaves that we thought had no problems: jungle and oak. In the lemon grove at the center of the pic you can easily tell the difference between the lemon leaves (oak leaves base texture) and the proper oak leaves, lighter in colour. The orange grove next to it has the same problem: the jungle leaves are much brighter than the orange leaves (jungle leaves base texture). Biome is Mushroom Island.​

Last edited:
Reactions: ChewyMan125

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I'm having the bug after the mini update, have we firgured out a way to fix it yet?
No, unfortunately the cause of the bug has been elusive.

Just to clarify, you didn't change anything about your computer, launcher installation, or minecraft settings apart from updating your WesterosBlocks mod? And you didn't have this bug before, and you do now?

• Sad
Reactions: Azulejo

Homiesucc

Herald
Pronouns
she/her
No, unfortunately the cause of the bug has been elusive.

Just to clarify, you didn't change anything about your computer, launcher installation, or minecraft settings apart from updating your WesterosBlocks mod? And you didn't have this bug before, and you do now?
I turned off mipmapping and that fixed it