Approved South Cape Wrath redo Appeal.

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Everyone!

Today i apply to redo the two South Cape wrath Projects, Herston and Horpe.

I apply under the Redo Clause b)

b) Inadequate Canon Clause: If the build under consideration objectively lacks important canon, which directly impacts the planning or style of the build, it may be allowed to be redone. For this to be satisfied, the claimant must prove unambiguously that a substantial amount of canon has been missed. The claimant's case will be assisted if it can be shown that this lack of canon was understood to be an issue before they intended to apply for redo.
[UPDATE (12/16/18)]: Redos will be tentatively allowed for builds which get new canon in new publications, but giving mods the right reject these on a case-by-case basis depending on circumstances.

Canon Issue:
“Cape Wrath is dominated by the rainwood, which includes Mistwood in the south of the forest and Rain House at its eastern edge. South of the forest is a broad plain. The prosperous Weeping Town sits along the southern shore of Cape Wrath, as do numerous villages.”
~A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Right now There is a Forest Along the Coast and there is no broad Plain in all Projects along south Cape Wrath south coast. The Biome Should Switch and the Grass mix needs an update. Also there should be a Main trading Road between Stonehelm and Weepingtown.
Trees should only appear near the Rainwood Border. The Area will be one of the Main Farming areas in the Stormlands.

This Project will be a Small mega proejct to create together with stonehelm, Weeping Town, and now Greenstone a nice and connected area along the South Coast of the Stormlands.

2023-08-18_12.58.44.png

The Plan is to put Herston on the West and Horpe to the East. Between these two Houses we place Greenpools. A Knight wich is not located on our Map yet.
My app is basicly done. I will apply after Greestone is 100% approved and after we discussed this redo Appeal !

Greetings Jeff !

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Hey Jeff, it took us a while to come to a consensus on this, so thanks for being patient.

We've decided to approve this appeal on the grounds of the various canon issues, with the general lack of cohesion in the region being a secondary issue.

However, we would add the following stipulations for any future applications for these projects:
1. The projects within the region should be applied for and completed sequentially, much like precedent so far with Massey's hook.
2. We did not agree that a total redo of Herston was warranted, so we would expect an app for this project to attempt to maintain the existing content of the project as much as possible, while fixing the canonical issues and bringing it in line with the surrounding styles.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

Gealrüable

Royal Messenger
Herston is nothing but a small village and a (albeit nice) keep - to satisfy canon the terrain needs to be redone, more villages need to be added, it just doesn't really make sense to call it an "update" then.
It would only force Jeff to keep the existing coastline, undermining his vision of the terrain overhaul.

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
An update doesn't prevent you from changing the terrain (which is the main reason behind the redo appeal) or adding more villages. Herston is not that old or outdated to justify a full wipe out, but there's still room to play with it and ofc blend what's currently there with the newer style. Once the time comes it can be tested and discussed more in depth. But don't feel restricted just because there's not the option of starting from ground zero.​

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey!

Ty that you guys accept the appeal!

I have following questions:

Is it possible that I do greenpools as a immersion built in the Herston lands ?
Since the plan is its just a small keep and 1-2 hamlets (greenpools was just a knight).
This would be easier for me and I don’t need a mega build!

Also is there No way Herston can get a redo ?
I mean I can keep the castle yes. I would just turn it into a holdfast. But the tera and the villages need a hole redo. The plotting don’t fit the village should be way bigger.
Also the house style need a complete redo to match weepingtown greenpools horpe, and kinda stonehelm. Would be annoying if Herston would be between them if u could have a over all similar and connected area.
If it’s enough that the holdfast stays and it’s still an „update“ I am fine. If I have to keep most stuff and just get rid of the Forrest I am not applying any more.

Ty Jeff :)

Last edited:

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Also i want to start with Herston.
Horpe is mainly the hilly platteu form stonehelm mountains. Stonehelm mountains are not even started yet. it would be way better for me ans Ainos plans if i dont start in horpe. Its easier if we do the Mountain together. (The hole mountain).

Last edited:

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
Hey Jeff, I was gonna reply to this today but you were quicker than I was hahahaha. In any case I will sum up my original reply to answer some of your points. Our recommendation was still that you started with Horpe, as it is the one undoubtly under a redo and thus the project that will add more value to the area. You have already applied for it, so that's nice. We do think it is nice having an west-to-east direction when doing these projects. We hope doing Horpe first will let you have some more time to test ways of updating Herston.

Given your concerns regarding bordering the ongoing project of Stonehelm, it may be nice, if you didnt already, to talk with Aino regarding the terra at the area, so you all get to an agreement. By the looks of the plans in Stonehelm it appears that the area east of the Slayne river will be done last, so even if Herston was done first it would've been possible that by the time you did Horpe it was still unfinished.

Regarding Herston being open to redo, we still think it should remain as an update. As I mentioned, an update doesn't prevent you from adding value to an area, specially given that the terra is the reason behind the redo appeal as a whole, Ofc that can (and should) be changed. The castle and the town are the areas that should receive a facelift. If you feel like the town needs to be expanded it can be, just like moving some buildings around to make the layout work better. Projects like Ghost Hill qualify as updates (heavy, all said), as they keep the essence but bring it to the current standards and add new ideas for the area. So there's definetly room to play with. I'd say updating the castle and keeping it as a holdfast would work too if that's what you want for it.

If you want to apply for Greenpools as an immersion it is possible indeed, but depending on its size it could be considered big enough for having two mods and thus not really recommended to have while making a full project. It all depends on your plans. That would have to be reviewed within the application, if it ever comes.​

Jeffjunior77

Printmaker
Hey Azule :D

Well i start with hopre now yes !

About Herston Castle and Village:

imo the Castle dont fit the stormlands style anymore. its way to German and tbh the Castle is not very defensive. For the BOard Plains Herston has i suggest a more defenisve Castle. To keep is for me no soultion tbh. A facelift is imo not enough. Idk if i still apply for herston under this terms :/
Also i maybe look for another area in the stormlands i can work on since herston is the biggest part of the area. I had alot of ideas for it but if i am not allowed to build more free i dont feel very motivated to do it ...

Azulejo

Bloodmage
Staff member
I feel like you are still not seeing the potential behind an update, but if that's how you feel then it's okay. Also I said you can keep the current castle as a holdfast while updating it to the newer style, a new castle for Herston isn't out of the question.​