Completed Shadow tower by maj/endy

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Emot thanks for all the feedback, I was just speaking to endymion and he said he went over the feedback/melons/filled the air pockets under the castle.
we filled the holes under the ground around shadow tower and westwatch, I think we have addressed everything from you. I'm not sure if the feedback/melons were from just you (or you and cash), so I think there is more feedback to come from cash ? for his post approval

thanks again
maj,endy

jakeyquack

Bard
Whoever did the WE removed all the layered snow above northern terrain set from around Sentinel Stand. That was a post approved project and now the terrain is really jagged. Although I like the rest of the Shadow Tower and surrounds, It doesn't look good and I don't appreciate you effectively griefing my project for no reason.

Hey Jakey
I’m very sorry if you feel like we griefed your project. However, we clearly stated that the snowlayering would be update in the entire region and this was approved by mods. (I believe it was even on resuest of a mod, but i’m not sure about this since i joined the project later.) The empty bits of snow are the style used in the north.
I am really sorry if you feel like that and i just wanted to point out that our actions were completely justified.

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey Jakey. I re-did the WE for the whole area as part of finishing up Shadow Tower. The prevailing terra style for alpine regions is to avoid the placement of snow layer blocks on top of terrain blocks. Snow blocks (with snow layers on top of them) are painted on to the mountains replacing the top layer of terrain blocks using a gradient mask. This is to make the snow appear smooth and uninterrupted and only on slopes of a gentle enough angle for snow to accumulate.

I'll take another look at sentinel stand to make sure that snow is in the appropriate places, no griefing was intended, this sort of thing happens when you're editing a large area and it is easily remedied.

jakeyquack

Bard
Take a look at it and you'll see what I'm talking about. Removing snow from the slopes isn't the issue. The issue is you removed any snow above terrain set, the block I used when sculpting the terrain.

To call it griefing was hyperbole; obviously it wasn't intentional, but you knew the project was there, so the size of the area you're working with is irrelevant. It's your job as a person with WE permissions to make sure any command you write won't have unintended consequences.

"Entire region" is meaningless, there is nothing explicitly stating that you would edit anything at sentinel stand (why would you, it's an entirely seperate and post approved project), If you had I would have said something.

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Hi Jakey, I haven't spoken to you since the other day, I wasn't sure how much you fealt about the terra as you didn't seem to bothered, we are really sorry that we had changed your work at sentinel..

when I was speaking to you 6 months ago I told you that sentinel and west watch would have minor changes to them, mainly concerning the lands - this was to bring them up to the same style as the rest of the high mountains which cash has been working on down in Wull.

Today Cash has been working in smoothing up the terra around sentinel to try to make it look a lot better whilst keeping the snow style. you can come see it in game or one of us can give you screenshots. if your still not happy with the terra that is done we can rework it to how you would like it changed as it is your project after all.

sorry for whats happened,
thanks
maj

Reactions: Endymion

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Take a look at it and you'll see what I'm talking about. Removing snow from the slopes isn't the issue. The issue is you removed any snow above terrain set, the block I used when sculpting the terrain.

Yes I did, as I said the preferred style for alpine regions is to only have snow layer blocks on top of full snow blocks. If there was a snow layer block above a terrain set block, the gradient mask was applied, if it was too steep the snow layer was deleted, if it wasn't the terrain block beneath it was replaced with snow. Much of the North remains untouched since the map was first made with World Painter, and it was inevitable that it would need to be updated.

but you knew the project was there, so the size of the area you're working with is irrelevant. It's your job as a person with WE permissions to make sure any command you write won't have unintended consequences.

"Entire region" is meaningless, there is nothing explicitly stating that you would edit anything at sentinel stand (why would you, it's an entirely seperate and post approved project), If you had I would have said something.

Yes I knew Sentinel Stand was there, for context, here is the area that was updated.
All the snow from Norrey to Greyguard was updated.

With Sentinel Stand so close to Shadow Tower, essentially within viewing distance, and given the wider context of the entire region being updated, it is only reasonable that Sentinel Stand would need to be edited too.

Regardless of the fact that it was your separate project, the state that the snow was finished in was not consistent with the Mod approved expectations for the area, which necessitates these changes.

Reactions: IMajic and Endymion

IMajic

Royal Messenger
Its fine jakey everyone understands how much work you can put into a single project. also how annoying it can be if that work is deleted or changed, so its fine :)

Thanks cash and emote for being great mods and being great help on here. :)
not sure if that is both approvals for shadow tower then- we should work on the wiki then to get it properly finished now. :)

Also again @Contra when you are free and have some time is it ok if you could do some nice photos for us. it would be great as you do lovely screenshots contra :)

other then that i don't think theres anything else to say

thanks again
maj/endy

IMajic

Royal Messenger
thank you cash and emot for all the help and contributions you've done. :) and thank you mod team for letting us do this project, also lil thanks for olaf, jakey and ark for your contributions to this project :) it was great fun and I had wanted todo this for a very long time now.

also heres the wiki page - would like to add photos to it but I think its mostly done.

https://westeroscraft.wikia.com/wiki/The_Shadow_Tower

thanks again maj and endymion

Last edited: