September Rookery - What are you proud of and would you like to write something

CashBanks

A Knight at the Opera
Staff member
Hey everyone,
We're starting to think about the next edition of the Rookery (our hopefully quarterly server newsletter) and wanted to ask two things of our community:

1. What are you proud of?
- Because our server is so large, it's undoubtedly the case that not everything gets the attention that the amount of time and effort put into it deserves. Every edition we want to showcase and put a spotlight on everything our Server has to offer, so this is your chance to say "Hey the sept I made at Hamlet X is really cool" or "check out this waterfall I made". We'll take some shader pics and put it in the next edition with your name and a warp of where to find it.

- All you need to do is reply to this thread (or tell me/Lemonbear in game) and tell us 1) what is is; and 2) where to find it (a screen shot would be even better).

Don't be modest! This is your chance to show off!

2. Do you want to write something?
- The last Rookery was thrown together fairly quickly and we didn't take the time to ask if anyone else was interested in anything. We don't want to be prescriptive, it could be anything from a full blown article, photohsop, world editing guide, suggestions on flower arrangements, tips for new builders, treaties on daub symmetry.

- Feel free to message me or Lemonbear if you want to bounce any ideas, we're flexible with deadlines but before September 5th would be excellent.

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
1. Totally tooting my own horn for the gatehouse I made in Duskendale. It looms over the north end of the bridge. I've been on a long hiatus before building it and when I came on the server conditions were just perfect: DD had developed into this beautifully aged town with lots of unique and frankly immensely inspiring builds, Veggie wanted an old gatehouse, and the plot shape was quite a challenge. However, as always when building after a break I feared that I may not be able to keep up with the times. To counter that I went to look for some RL inspiration. I've had this fascination with the Ponttor of Aachen for a long time, so I took that as the design. I removed the barbican and just kept the main gatehouse. It was going OK but I had to redo the roof and the top floor several times as I kept struggling with the angled shape. Fortunately, Veggie's encouraging words kept me going and so I managed to pull through. At the time it still stood there all alone on the north bank and I wasn't sure if it may look out of place in the future but now seeing it with the context of the other houses around I think it turned out grand.

EStoop

Knight of Fairmarket
Can we get some love for Iwan's work on preparing Oldtown? He's done quite a lot such as the shoreline of the entire region, the Honeywine and some of its tributaries, groundworks in the city itself and lately the walls of the city.

Carci's work on the area west of Flint's Finger is admirable too.