Scubooty Builder Application

Scubooty

Bookbinder

United States

I heard about WesterosCraft through Youtube which led me to the WesterosCraft channel and then to the website. I have always admired the builds shown on the channel and they have inspired me in Minecraft.

The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Alchemyst series, The Witcher

Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, Storm of Swords, Feast for Crows, Dance of Dragons

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7

Euron Crow's Eye, he is cunning and ruthless yet also is mysterious. I like that he has an affinity for freaks which crew the Silence. Additionally, I love the Iron Islands and how harsh their people are.

I love to get into character and become immersed in fictional worlds. I like to put a story behind a build and allow that to dictate what goes into the build, and I tend to put lots of details into interiors and exteriors to aid in storytelling. Furthermore, I am interested in working with others who have a passion for building. Since I was quite young I have had an interest in buildings and design, that interest has influenced me to the point that I now am pursuing a career in architecture. Minecraft offers so many possibilities for building and design, and I would like to utilize my love for Minecraft and A Song of Ice and Fire as I build for WesterosCraft

A Song of Ice and Fire quickly rose to become one of my favorite fictional universes of all time, it has come to the point that I always refer to it. I always feel that I lack enough of the world and WesterosCraft has aided me in visualizing the complex world, or present it in ways I had not previously viewed it. As a result, I have long wanted to join the WesterosCraft server to aid in creating Westeros to emphasize my passion for Minecraft and A Song of Ice and Fire so that others can view it and be affected in the same way as myself.

https://imgur.com/a/9CdIQUH

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hi Scubooty,

Thanks for taking the time to apply, I'm looking forward to eventually welcoming you to the team!

The house you've built is something I'd consider the "old" Vale style-- indeed, some of our Vale builds still employ this 'older' style, so you weren't to know.

In terms of the old style, it's solid, but as it's not something that would be appropriate on our current server/ up to expectations I'd like to see something else from you.

Take a look at some of our more recent town builds-- Duskendale, Fairmarket, Highgarden environs. If you could build something which more closely aligns with those builds I would be able to more accurately take a look at your building skills!

Good luck, and best wishes!

Veggie

Scubooty

Bookbinder
Veggie,
Here is my new build, I was inspired by Fairmarket, Duskendale, and also some irl buildings I looked at.
Thanks,
Scubooty

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey Scubooty,

Solid stab at a townhouse!

Some things you did well,

• Some solid furnishing choices, kitchen looks decent--good job at hiding the sides of our multi-sided blocks like the bench pans.
  • Daub & Wattle patterning looks reasonable, I'd be mindful of trying to create more simple patterns though.
  • Solid building shape, good mix of brick blocks.

Some things you need to look at again for next time,

• The roof shape is fine, but you should use a stair block atop the initial solid block rather than two blocks for each instep on the roof. So it'd go slate block, slate stair block, and then move in a block up towards the apex of the roof.
  • Don't by shy to make a whole story of a building wattle and daub. You could have taken the facade and ran it across the entire side of the house. I know you may have been reluctant as often these town houses can look strange when stand alone, but it'd look better if it was just the foundation floor in brick.
  • Some of your furnishings can be tightened up easily-- the sponge block next to the bed should be covered on one side with another block/half door.
  • The shelf in the same image looks a little strange, just the one. Take a look around the server for some shelving options. /warp ikea and other builds have lots of furnishing tips.
  • Blue slate is a bit of a rarity at the moment so sticks out here-- I'd typically expect black slate instead.

For your next challenge take a look at /warp woodwright and build me a house in that style.

Veg

Scubooty

Bookbinder
Here is my Woodwright style build.

Scubooty

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey Scubooty,

sorry I’ve taken a little while to get back to you.

Solid attempt at a Woodwright build! I have no complaints, just some things to think about.

Try and use a contrasting wood type for your furnishings against the structural wood.
Break up dirt floors with rushes (thatch blocks)

Real good job though, a vast improvement so quickly.

For your next challenge build me something you’d find at /warp Gaunt

good luck

V

Scubooty

Bookbinder
It's all good Veg, here is the build.

Hope you're staying safe in these hard times,
Scubooty

Veggie

The Old Bear
Hey Scubooty,

Good job, ambitious doing a diagonal house.

I have no meaningful criticisms, maybe just consider your usage of the daub and wattle blocks. They should look structural rather than used randomly.

Having a look at the gaunt houses, I think the gradient of the stone is normally limited to two or three complimenting texutres. I'd consider removing the sandstone blocks and just keeping it dun bricks/cobble.

I think your issues are minimal and am confident you'll develop quickly over the course of your probation.

As such, happy to approve you as a builder! Welcome to the team.

Be sure to create a probation thread, and nudge a mod to approve you if I'm not personally online,

Veggie <3

Reactions: thecoddfish