Scripting Seminar - Schematic Creation, Forest Scripts

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I've been getting countless messages every day from people requesting me to do their forests.

And while I love to help out, I simply don't have the time. I've put all my resources out on the forums but I see that many need assistance to get comfortable with them.

Hence, I've been thinking to host a small seminar that goes through the basics (and if I have the time advanced aspects of scripting). I'm not sure yet how, and I need some time to prep material but most of all I need the mods to be onboard with a sudden influx of people running scripts. I also need to know who'd be interested in this. I'll probably do it on zoom or twitch and perhaps record my screen along.

I'm in GMT+1 and have a very busy real life so I can only do weekends or the evenings of my timezone.

Who'd be interested in attending such a seminar in general?

Iwan

Boldtown
Staff member
Excellent idea! A look behind the scenes hopefully gets it across that WE scripting is no witchcraft.

a sudden influx of people running scripts
Not sure however what you mean here? Do you have live exercises in mind, and everyone runs their scripts at the same time? Or just a general influx because more people would feel confident about using scripts after your seminar? With our recent (plugin) issues (but no insight into our server stucture) I can almost certainly foresee trouble with the former approach and not much for us to do about it until those issues are resolved.

A live demo, showing the workflow, writing a few small scripts and trying them out yourself and being there to answer questions would IMO probably suffice, without participants trying out the scripts themselves at the same time, don't you think? In the end, executing a script in the end is probably the easiest part :D

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
I meant both in terms of exercises but also in terms of people knowing how to generate schematics at will i.e. potentially overwriting/ modifying existing schematics and also in terms of instead 3-4 people using scripts possibly 10-15 people using scripts.

I'm happy to just show people for now in a live demo kind of setting.

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
I meant both in terms of exercises but also in terms of people knowing how to generate schematics at will i.e. potentially overwriting/ modifying existing schematics
There definitely needs to be some sort of written procedure/guidelines for anything that might impact existing schematics, at the very least describing how to fix the schemsets that this might break.