Approved Project Application: Middlebury by ItsPabs

ItsPabs

Playwright
THE TOWN AT MIDDLEBURY IS NOW OPEN! :eek::cool::p

Done a lot of work with the mods on Middlebury in getting it prepared compared to our last post, but we made good progress on the planning of the town and it's turned out nice. We added some sweet walls and I got all of the town plotted now, so we're ready to go! We also got a great style for the town really down-pact!

THANK YOU AND PLEASE COME BUILD! YES YOU! :D o_O :D

-PABS

ItsPabs

Playwright
Small update: The second half of the town at Middlebury is open. Everyone is welcome to come and build! And please follow the style guide! There are a lot of special plots around, if you want one of these ask me, or make a test.

Also decided to limit things to 1 plot a builder since I have a lot of people who usually want to help out, and that way things won't fill up too quickly!

o_Oo_O:eek:thanks and see you soon;)o_Oo_O

Jakethesnake8_8

Firemage
Pronouns
he/him
Heya Pabs! Middlebury town is looking great! I have some thoughts on the terra around it though. You have a few 1 block streams which carve very deep canyons. Realistically, you’d have to have very soft ground material to carve so deep with a little stream. This leaves behind really spindly and ornate rock formations. I think however, if the ground is soft enough for it to be eroded very quickly downwards, then those rock formations would be either very weak, or just wouldn’t form in the first place. Additionally, if the stone is weak enough for these very eroded canyons, then it might not be the best place for a walled town, if it’s on unstable ground.

ItsPabs

Playwright
Well well well, look who showed up. I got a HUGE bone to pick with your little criticism on how I'm doing MY canyons! You aren't going to like my next paragraph very much!

Actually I'm just kidding. If you want the truth, that fun strange canyon little stream was just something I made for fun one day without really thinking about it. Luckily I don't mind changing it and you're not the first person to bring up the lack of realism. I've thought about raising it up and having it be less canyon-y, and also I just might change it around entirely. All the streams and rivers in Middlebury are a bit wild and could use a second look. I'm just super busy with IRL work stuff for the past year so I haven't been able to make much progress on the terra, and only have really been just tinkering on small things here and there when I have time.

Eventually I won't be busy with work so I can make some bigger changes to make things better and more realistic. I have a lot of things I want to change when I can ;) , and I'll probably detail it out in this post.

ItsPabs

Playwright
Hey Dutchy, thanks for stepping in!

I have had a busy year of work and haven't had much time for working on Middlebury so far. I do have every intention of finishing it up one day when I have time, which hopefully shouldn't be too far away (I've been working on a project that has my focus currently that I've been working at for awhile now, when that's done I'll have more free time).

I'll be happy to post updated plans on how I want to finish up ol' Middlebury then, and will gladly update things to the current server standards :)