Completed Project Application- House Langward- Sappertsc

Sapper

Playwright
Hey I am sadder to bear this news.. I am struggling on langward, I wanna keep trying and I know Codd is helping me right now thank you codd! but I feel relly guilty asking this but does any builder that doesn’t have a project mind helping me out wether a builder wants to become a co lead for langward I’m down for that, but any help is appreciated. My project will take less than a month but it anyone wants to co lead it can take less.

Also here is my progress so far

not done
forest
Beach
River
Feilds
Village
Hills

done
Motte and Bailey
Some hills
Outlines
Castle exterior

Luk

Gullible
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Hey sap!

I'd say thats good progress already. You shouldn't feel like you need to rush it through in a month, though. Most projects take months or even years to complete. So, take your time, and try to learn the ins and outs of doing a project. You'll learn a lot in the process!

lemonbear

Nymeria
Staff member
Pronouns
she/her
I also want to express that there's no need to rush yourself! We are a hobbiest community, and we're not paying you to meet any particular deadline. The goal with every project should be to make something you are happy with. Don't burn yourself out by grinding to finish in a month!

Sapper

Playwright
Update #2

I have done nothing since like New Years lol, I’m so lazy
I talked to Simba and he agreed he would help me out thanks Sim! Codd did a cliff for me which was a life saver! I saw the melons codd for the gradient I knew since the beginning I needed to fix the gradient and I am procrastinating Sorry!
Simba is doing the village I belive and I’m excited to have a wonderful builder help me!
Vickon tested a hunting lodge Which I love!
I do need some help with the forest, have a wonderful day or night!
-sapper

Reactions: Ric and thecoddfish

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
Thamus_Knoward would you be able to help with the Langward forest and potential trees for the project? It's on the NE edge of the Kingswood so would be a good opportunity to test out a updated kingswood style.

Reactions: Sapper

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Yeah I’m in, I need you to either tell me which schems from treetest you want to use, or lay out new schems in the same direction and manner as treetest (centered, on a square base). I also won’t be able to do any painting of the terrain. Ideally I just come in to help design the forest script with you and then execute the scripts.

Reactions: AerioOndos

Sapper

Playwright
Okay sorry for the late reply, I’m not sure how to do scrips I would just say some oak birch and a dead tree or two, what do i need to do (like tests or a list of schemes)?

Emoticone11

The Dark Lord Sauron
Staff member
Before messing with the method of terraforming (scripts vs. schematic brush), I'd suggest just doing the following. Compile a list of SchemSets you want to use for each "layer" of the forest - trees, undergrowth, and ground cover. For a quick example:

Trees: ForestOak, AlderM, ForestAlder, BAshM, SkinnyBAshM
Undergrowth: AllBushLow, CarcBushMix, OakBushL, ValeShrubS
Ground Cover: GroundCoverS, CarcMeadow, CarcStump

Whichever ones you choose, try to keep each layer somewhat limited (around 3-7 schems for each layer). All the schemsets can be found here, and DutchGuard gave a helpful list of Kingswood tree species here. You'll want to play around with different mixes of schemsets using the schematic brush to see what mixes look good.

Probably we'll want to have custom-made schemsets for ancient oaks etc. when we get around to terraforming the main Kingswood (the large Oak schemsets we have currently are pretty outdated), but since your forest is on the outskirts of the Kingswood you shouldn't have to worry about that as much.

Sapper

Playwright
Thanks to all how have built here so far, I want to limit ppl to one house to give all builders a chance to build, if already built a house give it a week if no one has built then u can build some more

• Love
Reactions: AerioOndos

Sapper

Playwright
Hello so after talking to Thamus we belive the best way to do the forest is to make the area where the forest is a vanilla block like glass or concrete and add the lodge on to it and pretend there are trees and when the kings wood gets redone then that area will get the forest

Thamus_Knoward

Thamus_Knoward

Shadowbinder
Yeah, I mentioned that I was reluctant to get involved in a larger Kingswood effort. I'm happy to advise maybe even implement simple modifications to my existing scripts but the major planning effort would have to be done my someone else. And it seems that project is a bit bigger than Langward is.

So I suggested doing it like Marge did it at Whitegrove: Essentially leaving the area devoid of trees but otherwise finishing all man-made structures or natural points of interest within. Once the Kingswood redo picks up it's just a matter of making a larger selection to fill this in.

Sapper

Playwright
Langward is coming to a end. Putting last touches on the beaches and castle, I would ask that Langward be a castle or atleast a keep in the dyn map filters thing.

Sapper

Playwright
Its been A hell of a ride, I want to thank every builder who has helped me.

Langward is nearing completion, putting finishing touches on Langward, should be ready to submit soon. Here are some pictures I took today...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.11.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.11.58 PM.png
    606.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.11.47 PM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.11.47 PM 1.png
    671.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.11.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.11.30 PM.png
    1,023 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.11.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.11.07 PM.png