Withdrawn Project Application: House Bourney by bobbycatfisher

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
I think this is a great app Bobby, nice work! It would be cool if parts of the castle were under-used or falling apart as the strength of the house is in a state of decline, kind of like House Westerling of The Crag.

I would also just like to point out that Hollow Hill (Which I think could warrant a redo) is very close by, and maybe someone could apply for it and work with you on the forests to the west of Bourney, to include Brotherhood without Banners hideouts, lookouts, campsites, etc.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
I stand with Dutch in that the castle should be damaged or under used in some sections. Maybe the SW or SE curtain wall has fallen down partly and plenty of slates are missing from the roof. Remember that the castle will be visible from Stoney Sept

Reactions: bobbycatfisher

bobbycatfisher

Messenger
Something I realized is that there is a warp to the east of my plans called "Middleton" that was potentially meant to be a village or hamlet. I was wondering if I could include this as part of the House Bourney plans and revise them a bit to include the warp or if I should just reduce my plans a tiny bit to leave the area alone?

Reactions: Luciano_I

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
There is a canon location called Middleton, along the Blackwater Rush. The current positioning seems a little strange, so for now I wouldn't recommend including it with Bourney.

As a side note, I've drawn a border through the area south of Bourney, don't feel the need to change your plans, I can always amend the border if necessary.
That said, it might be an interesting project to have one of your mini-builds set in Westerlands territory, along the path south to Ferren.

DutchGuard

Shadowbinder
Staff member
Pronouns
he/him
Middleton was put there to satisfy that canon, which states it's on the Blackwater Rush. The river SS and the Middleton warp are is the Blackwater Rush :p

Yeah I saw that, I just figured it was placed there before the nearby inn was built, making the area more crowded, so it should probably be moved further east.

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
its like Tumbler's falls, it can move around a lot. Most likely middleton is near the border between reach, westerlands, riverlands and near enough to a main road to be considered 'the midpoint' of a journey to KL

bobbycatfisher

Messenger
Yea the placement is quite off, especially considering its right next to bellsbridge. I'd hope to stick to my original plan for the area.

Last edited:

_Simbaa

Printmaker
Just a few things I've noticed while checking out your castle test:
- make sure the merlons are 2 block high on the wall, they are to provide cover from arrow fire!
- have the wooden beams (stairs) at the gate house facing the right way, they should be facing the other direction, as they need to connect from wall to wall to carry the flooring

Reactions: Luk and AerioOndos