Completed Project App: Uffering, by Elduwin

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey Cash,
we talked about this in game, so overall it looks good to me.
I'd just move the kilns a bit towards West, closer to the pits, and use the whole area between the clay pits and the purple plot for the pottery making.
Approved!

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
It's been quite some time since the last update!

Okay, so, lot has happened during the last 6 months.
1st, the island has been re-terraformed, and has a complete new style, more grim and grey.
I'm still working on the castle, there are few plots left in the town, and the small dock to do.

On the lands, I've started to work on the southern coast of Uffering, between the bay and the Mander's mouth. I'm going for a similar forest and landscape to what I've done north of the bay, but to a larger scale. In fat, I'm planning to recreate a smaller version of the Dune du Pilat (french atlantic coast), which is 110m high (ofc, I said smaller version :p ).
The forest will be mostly composed of pines, and the closer I'll move to the Mander delta and Ball, the more I'll add leafy trees.
I'm considering adding a settlement on this southern part of the lands, because otherwise it'll be very empty lands and wouldn't make sense that people didn't settle here on the Mander's shore.

More inlands, I've been working on the fields west of Uffering village (/warp uffvillage). I'm making it a densely populated area, because it's the Reach, because it's fertile (flat lands with many streams) and because it's close to HG and the Ocean Road. I've planned the eastern-most part of the lands I'm dealing with, and here's a map.
ssf3bqS

ssf3bqS.png

I've added lots of forets, but I'm also opening 3 new miniapp for builders:
- a hamlet, classic, farmers mostly, with some lands close to the lake to farm
- a wood cutting hamlet, up in the hills, mostly the factory builds (workers would live down in the hamlet in the valley)
- a holdfast, guarding the border between uffering and holyhall lands, it has a small portion of lands to grow some crops and make live a few houses too
In the plans, I've also marked a vineyard, that will process the grapes of the grapevines there and the ones N-W where there is a huge vineyard.

And also in the north, a large and rich septuary, quite isolated and surrounded by forests, it ows the whole valley there.
Septons are working on writting and illuminations, so there'll ba a parchment making factory and some inks production.

Finally, in terms of terra (but independently of Uffering), I'm also working on the marshes near Westbrook and Stackhouse, trying to recreate a Camargue landscape.
And there's the Mander, but you all know what I'm doing there. Slowly, one day, I'll finish it!

Anyway, I'm done with the updates, don't hesitate to come build at Uffering, there's always a plot for you :D
And for builders looking for some miniapp, feel free to msg me if you need more details on the 3 new open ones.

Have a good day all!

AerioOndos

Donkey Lord
Staff member
Pronouns
they/them
link to my app for the hamlet. Could I have as much feedback as possible as this is my first mini-app

Last edited:
Reactions: Elduwin

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Hey aerio, thanks for this application!

Very few comments, on the houses:
- when I'll move the style guide to the warp, pls make sure to apply the gradient on the tests, so that builders can see how it looks
- the second house could be 1 block higher

Otherwise, the plans look fine, consider this mini-app approved!

@Wazgamer @Emotione11 any objections? :)

Reactions: Wazgamer

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Trimester update!

Thanks to @Margaery_Tyrell I've done quite some progress since i came back from summer holidays.
A new portion of fields, with a flax farm and dye facility, is nearly done, along the road between the village and the island. The septuary has been started, and Marge's making really lovely work there.
A couple holdfasts have been taken by new builders (@Lisylla and @Cyrus).

kC00T3y.jpg

On the terra side:
- as you may have noticed, a forest has popped up in the last months. It's not 100% complete, but it's still quite advanced. It will goes from the northern shore of Mander's mouth to Redlake and Goldengrove, going through Ball, Wythers, Uffering, Highgarden, Hollyhall, Westbrook, Redlake and Goldengrove.
- i've moved on the Mander's mouth and started terraforming there. I'll continue the beaches and pine forest that are visible on Uffering coasts, down to Hastwyck to the south. There'll be marshes on both sides of the Mander's mouth, and I'll add some salt marshes, to continue the ones near Uffering bay.
- when the mouth is done, I'll move to the part near HG.

VMDL6D2.jpg

As a general statement, I'm fairly happy with what's going on on this part of the Reach. With Westbrook, Stackhouse (@chep4007 where are you??), the Shields, Redlake, Ball, Uffering, Woodwright and even Highgarden under progress, there's a very nice dynamic going on around here. Norcross will soon be apply-able, as I'll get the terra down, otherwise, you can apply but you'd have to help me doing it :p
Oldflowers will (soon?) be redone by @EStoop. And Holyhall shall be taken by its previous masters hopefully.
Hopefully, with Highgarden server build, this dynamic will continue to the start of Oldtown! :D

Elduwin

Skinchanger
Staff member
Been quite some time since last update.
And, I think it'll probably one of (if not the) last update!

I'm announcing the completion of Uffering's island, castle and town included!
They're ready for review, if you want to start @Emotione11 and @Wazgamer :)

Most of the project is done or being finished.
What is left to do is mostly terra and some final touches, in the forest for example.

I'm looking for some ship builders, for 2 plots near Uffering's bay, and for a lighthouse to stand at the northern entrance of the Mander delta. If anyone's willing to do it, PM me in game!

Darkaveger_13

Bard
Hey Guys So I was checking out Uffering a noticed a fire hazard to put it mildly. Inside the main castle at the cordinates: -6739 60 17719 The Fireplace has a wooden backwall due to the fireplace being right in between two rooms with a 1 block thick wall. I highly recommend the fireplace is moved to an out wall or thicker wall so there doesnt have to be wood inside the fireplace, ( Someone even added Half doors as if it would make it any less weird xD )

Reactions: _Simbaa