Probation: witherack

JohanKR850

Royal Messenger
Hello Wither!

Here to take a look at your last houses.

Kl Smith:
  • On the bottom floor there is a row of five flagons. I can't see a reason why. Also it seems a bit like a kitchen. I would just place some more traditional smithy items like horseshoes and so on. I might be totally misunderstanding the purpose of the room though.
  • The layout of the first floor seems a bit odd. I would like to take a look at that with you in game, next time we meet. I think it could be made simpler.
  • Overall good house, you didn't make any basic mistakes. Other than i would probably not use pewter plates i anything under a mid class house.
  • Remember not to stack the firewood vertically, make it horisontal.
Bakehouse:
  • Good job here. Only thing is that the yard is of place. Seems to be some mis plotting or miscommunication. It's a normal house yard but no one lives in a comunal bakehouse. I talked to Sapp, and you guys can just find out what to fo with the yard together. It could be an interesting space to work with, if you get the right idea.
Orme septons house:
  • Nice little house.
  • You and the lead already addressed my issues. Which was to "remember not to line up all the furniture against the walls".
Varner houses:
  • Your two houses here seems good, nothing wrong there. The yard in number 10 is cool with the sand.
  • But... house number 11 has no chimney lol :p. It has already been approved by Jakethesnake8_8 but i am pretty sure he won't mind if you add little chimney so the poor fishers don't die from air pollution. It can happen to the best of us. I once forgot to add windows in one of my own probation houses.

All in all some good houses. Since you probation period is up and you have built some decent houses i am glad to approve you for the rank of builder!!
It has been a pleasure being your probation leader and i look forward to see what you set out to do. I still wanna take a look at that kl house with you though, i think there is some things we can do.
Here is some links that can prove useful, see this link General stuff. Or maybe take a look at immersion builds they can be a lot of fun. Here is some info on leading projects leading a project. Some of the people who contribute the most to the server, don't even lead projects but grace westeros with pretty houses. So don't feel any pressure to do anything specific. Have fun out there, i am looking forward to building with you!

- Johan

witherack

Street Preacher
Thank you very much for being my probie leader, it was a great experience. Sorry I forgot a chimney in Varner! About the bakehouse, I didn't really know about what to put the garden, and finally my kl1 smith house, the only reason the plates are pewter is because I asked if a smith would make pewter plates for his house. Thanks again very much!